Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2487

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    We saw yesterday that playing hard overcomes lacking in talent department in 2nd half.. We had Jonathan Williams, Wagner, LeBron, Hart, Caruso bringing us to a 2pt game before they got tired. We missed so many free-throws as well, as usual.

Lakers badly need to bring in players who play hard and can make freethrows.
    Those players you mentioned were not affected by the trade rumors(it proved to be devastating) so it makes sense they will always play hard.
    I am still on the fence with Luke, why just play these players now, why not 2 weeks ago.
    How he could have handled it differently 2 weeks ago. Did he truly didn't see this lack of desire/broken spirit or he saw it and tried everything like begging Magic and/or Jeannie Buss to look in their eyes and try to motivate them or something.

Ingram diagnosed with DVT in his arm..

We don't know how severe it is yet, but I just hope it is not career ending.. He is just 21. His trade value might be shot, and he may not be able to play extended minutes ever again.

Home of the 16

NBA lottery pick

So now that the Lakers got AD does that mean the Carmelo Anthony rumors start again?

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    So now that the Lakers got AD does that mean the Carmelo Anthony rumors start again?
    Where do you post nowadays?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Where do you post nowadays?
    I just haven't logged in here for a while for some reason. Probably because I just got bored with the NBA season a bit. It's my favorite sport by far but it's been very predictable for the most part. The East was cool to watch. That was about it. A ton of injuries really messed this season up. For some reason I haven't been getting the email notification when people reply to threads too so it's making me not pay as much attention to the forums.

NBA lottery pick

Who do we think will end up being the Lakers PG next season? Who are the vets that take the minimum to chase a ring and try to fill out this roster?

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Who do we think will end up being the Lakers PG next season? Who are the vets that take the minimum to chase a ring and try to fill out this roster?
    Hey dd, long time no see!

Posted this right as you were lol.
    I hope we can bring in Beverley or Seth Curry to go with Butler. Beverley might get 13-14mil so maybe tough to get. Seth may be gotten for 8. Then give the rest to Butler on a 1+1 deal so he opts out after year 1, and you give him close to max but bit less. I would use mle, biannual exemption and vets minimum to round out roster with players like Korver and whomever else willing to come.

If Seth is gone then I guess you target Darren Collison. He plays crap defense unfortunately but he fits this team well. There is George Hill and possibly Ricky Rubio but I don't know his contract info

I don't want to go after Kemba if Butler is an option. We need 1 elite defender at guard. Kemba is a terrible defender to max out imo. Kyrie would be a good option but gets injured too much. I just hope we don't lose our way and target razzle-and-dazzle over defense.

If Butler isn't an option then you go to Danny Green and try to land Kyrie. Things fall apart at SG once you get past Butler/Green. Kawhi is not coming and neither is Durant or Klay.

NBA lottery pick

Defensively Butler is the way to go. I like that he can create for himself and others too, but his outside shooting may not be the best fit. I guess it can't be worse that D-Wade and Lebron playing together though. That seemed to work.

I think Kyrie is a major option too. We know he's a great fit on the court with Lebron. Offensively he's the best option to go with him and AD. He can hit the big shots at the end of games.

Kawhi is obviously the best available option. I think if he really wanted to win a ton of championships and live in LA the Lakers would be the situation for him. It's not the Clippers. How a team would match up with Davis, Kuzma, Lebron, Leonard, and insert PG here would be fun to watch because it's next to impossible.

If they go for some more affordable options I think Brogdon and Russell are good fits. There's rumors that Korver is going to get bought out and head to LA. Also JR Smith will be traded. Once he's traded it's highly likely he gets bought out and LA is the place people think he ends up at. I think Melo is going to be in the rumors too. I was joking at first, but I could see them talking about it. Part of it will depend on if he's willing to come off the bench. I really like Beverly as an option at PG too. Just having his defense out there would make a difference. I feel like this team has a good chance to be exceptional defensively. Could be quite the opposite from last season. I think getting defenders around Lebron to hide some of what he's lost on that side of the ball will make things look far different.

Depending on the money they have I could see them looking at DeAndre Jordan and Ricky Rubio. I bet Reggie Bullock is a guy they would like back. I'd bring back Pau Gasol just so he can retire a Laker lol.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Well this has to be the most excited I've been as a lakers fan for awhile, about damn time after the past few years.

Butler for the max is gone to the Heat, for some reason I think Kawhi really wants to be in LA, I think its between Lakers and clippers, I think hes ours to lose with Butler out of play as the second high quality player to team up with on the Clippers, he could return to Toronto who knows but I'm feeling semi confident its between the LA teams and I think the Lakers are in front.

NBA lottery pick

Avery Bradley would be a guy they should possibly look at since he was waived. If he signed for the vets min that would be a solid role player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Butler for the max is gone to the Heat, for some reason I think Kawhi really wants to be in LA, I think its between Lakers and clippers, I think hes ours to lose with Butler out of play as the second high quality player to team up with on the Clippers, he could return to Toronto who knows but I'm feeling semi confident its between the LA teams and I think the Lakers are in front.
    Well got the LA bit right...damn heard rumors LAC were trying for a 2nd star through trade didn't see the PG part happening...grief at least the kawhi waiting nightmare is over.

NBA lottery pick

I wonder where the Lakers go from here. Kawhi took long enough that most of the good FA's have signed. It's shocking that OKC moved on George that fast. The Clippers will have a legit team.

We have a great team regardless but the bench worries me. We don't have much depth.. Look at what that did to the Rockets.. If LeBron/AD stay healthy, oh dear.. Even Clippers with their super perimeter defense will be nervous going up against LeBron/AD duo.

I am hoping we can land Iguodala because we will need him. Korver would be a great addition off the bench too.