Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Durant and Howard >>>>> Rose

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Durant and Howard >>>>> Rose
    Definitely not back then. Not even close. Three years later their leadership is still questioned. While I still have Durant as an all time great, he just hit that stride last year. But it wasn't til a two full years after Rose's MVP year that he could be depended on to take over. DH hasn't arrived there yet. This is the year that DH has to make a push for MVP but Harden might be in the way. But Lebron will be going for defensive player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Sorry Durant and DH weren't leaders and couldn't take over games. No way was Chris Paul better that year. Rose was easily the most impressive and impactful player in the fourth quarters and against the elite (Everybody included).
    Wade averaged 26\6\5\2\1 on 50% that year while sharing the spotlight with LeBron. Already numbers better than Rose that year, plus better defensively. If LeBron wasn't on the Heat he would of averaged about 28\7\5. No argument Wade was better.

LeBron averaged 26\7\7\1\1 51% sharing spotlight with Wade. Easily 28\8\7 if he stayed with Cavs. Rose has zero argument over LeBron.

Dwight Howard averaged 23\14\3 on 59%, winning DPOY and carrying the Magic to once again 50+ wins. The defensive impact alone puts him over Rose.

Dirk, I won't even get into Dirk, his amazing post-season run puts him above Rose that year.

Durant averaged 28\7\3 46% on a team that made it to the WCF. Can be argued that he was better than Rose.

Kobe Bryant averaged 26\5\5 on a 57 win team, can be argued as well.

Lets face it, Rose was in the perfect situation that year. He had a very good all around team who gave it their all in the regular season, a coach who brought the best of them in the regular season, and they were gunning for that #1 seed. They were the best defensive team in the league that year not because of Rose.

MVP Rose wasn't even as good as 2nd year Wade or LeBron.
    Last edited by Papaya Petee; 10-13-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Wade averaged 26\6\5\2\1 on 50% that year while sharing the spotlight with LeBron. Already numbers better than Rose that year, plus better defensively. If LeBron wasn't on the Heat he would of averaged about 28\7\5. No argument Wade was better.

LeBron averaged 26\7\7\1\1 51% sharing spotlight with Wade. Easily 28\8\7 if he stayed with Cavs. Rose has zero argument over LeBron.

Dwight Howard averaged 23\14\3 on 59%, winning DPOY and carrying the Magic to once again 50+ wins. The defensive impact alone puts him over Rose.

Dirk, I won't even get into Dirk, his amazing post-season run puts him above Rose that year.

Durant averaged 28\7\3 46% on a team that made it to the WCF. Can be argued that he was better than Rose.

Lets face it, Rose was in the perfect situation that year. He had a very good all around team who gave it their all in the regular season, a coach who brought the best of them in the regular season, and they were gunning for that #1 seed. They were the best defensive team in the league that year not because of Rose.

Every post I've seen from you is hating Bulls/Rose.

Give it a rest, Rose won MVP and deserved it based on judging criteria. If you have an issue with it, blame the judging criteria for an MVP

So much truth. Repped.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

Give it a rest, Rose won MVP and deserved it based on judging criteria. If you have an issue with it, blame the judging criteria for an MVP
    We all understand WHY Rose won the MVP
    Just don't act like he was actually a top-3 player

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I like Rose and I think he's a great player but I also think Dwight deserved the MVP that year over Rose and I hate Dwight. Rose got lucky with his MVP. He was (and still may be) an MVP calibre player and should have been in the discussion I just don't think he deserved to win it.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Wonder why people were saying things like this. GTS was a good poster but I don't see him anymore. Actually one of the guys that knew the game very well.

Do still post here just not as much... majority of the threads are fairly well trolled now, not even worth wasting the time when the average response will be tldr, 6-24 or 2-5

5-time NBA All-Star

I don't have a problem with people arguing those two despite Rose obviously being better in the 4th quarter than both of them. And Rose was definitely more effective against the elite teams that year. Wade and Lebron were great all around players that year. But the better teams beat them all year and frequently lost to better teams. I don't argue with people saying Dirk had a better outcome that year as well. I already said this.
    Rose just knew how to win games better than him. The more important the game got as the year ended, the better player in the deciding moments of the game, and against better competition it wasn't even close. Rose got his teams wins. No way, does defense mean more than that. Unless the goal of the game is to lose. Rose's post season run puts him over Howard whose near 50/20 got them beat bad and Howard's 8/8 was their only convincing win. Howard's big numbers had a counter effect on the team.
    It can argued but he really wasn't a guy that could consistently impose his will on the game yet. The game always had guys like that.
    His game was off that year and his team wasn't effective or pretended to be. Their stats were equal despite Rose's team having all sorts of problems with a much younger team.

The Rose standard is crazy. The perfect situation??? Really??

*His team was one of the younger teams around.
    *They were not used to playing with each other being new to each other
    *He lost 57 games to his second and third best players.
    *They ran a new system - look at how bad CP3/Blake, Kobe/Nash/DH, Lebron/Wade/Bosh, Dirk without Chandler, looked in a new system.
    *First time coach
    *The coach gave 20 mins of practice time to offense
    *Didn't have another player in any significant top ten statistical category
    *Didn't have two significant veteran players
    *Team wasn't built around him
    *No finishers
    *No creators
    *No consistent shooters (Korver's shot died after the ASG)
    *All of this when there was the formation of super teams, experienced teams, veteran teams and just plain healthy teams and the Bulls still had the best record.

Sorry not one current player around has anything like that on their resume, rarely have they ever had the best record with great advantages on their side, much less great disadvantages. But the Derrick Rose standard is that this is a perfect situation.

AAmmmmaaazing.

5-time NBA All-Star

The "perfect situation" is OKC where the core has been playing together for five years with two players top two in their position, with a top shot blocker in the game, a top wing defender, a top post defender, super scorers with a deep bench. Or the Clippers, or the Heat, Or the Lakers situation two years ago if they were healthy. But Rose... this is just hilarious.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by gts

Do still post here just not as much... majority of the threads are fairly well trolled now, not even worth wasting the time when the average response will be tldr, 6-24 or 2-5
    They really have cleaned that up now. That craziness is gone. Still a bit of it but very different from yesterday.

actually, aside from his MVP year, Rose has been pretty much useless for the Bulls. 2 seasons sidelined, and this season still in question. if anything, the Bulls should regret for not taking Russel Westbrook.

wade 17.5 points on .38% while being assisted 38 percent of the time with 16/8 record. D rose 47.8 points on .402% and assisted 12 percent of the time with 30/10 record.

yea, wade was better than rose. retards.

btw, miami had a losing record against elite teams 7-9 while bulls had a winning record of 12-9. lebron and wade must have played really good. d rose produced more than lebron againt elite competition while having a better record. dont even make me look up wades stats.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 10-14-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    actually, aside from his MVP year, Rose has been pretty much useless for the Bulls. 2 seasons sidelined, and this season still in question. if anything, the Bulls should regret for not taking Russel Westbrook.
    I wouldn't exactly call 6% particularly useful

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    No, accidents happen. Part of life. You only regret guys who don't try hard enough or don't want it bad enough.

Westbrook on the Bulls wouldn't have gotten them a ring either.