I just bought a satellite radio a few months ago, and I haven't listened to local FM radio since then. It's the same songs every hour...hell, you'll hear the same songs played three or four times within two hours. Here in Los Angeles, the main urban/hip-hop stations are going away from more of the traditional stuff, and playing the party club music put out by the likes of Flo Rida, Shawty-Lo, The Dream, and Soulja Boy, and even 50's club ****. That, plus reggaeton, is what dominates the local airwaves (add in the fact that most of Los Angeles is Latino/Hispanic now, and the black population here is shriking).

Anywho...although I'll agree with Ice-T, he shouldn't have just singled out Soulja Boy and Hurricane Chris. Hip-hop in general has changed, and not for the better. First off, you can look at too many R&B/rap collobrations (thank Irv Gotti for that), and then you get these artists who do more of traditional hip-hop collobrating with dance club DJs, and these record companies who are more concerned about profit instead of quality, just eat it all up. Even though I'm 28, I love old school hip-hop, and that's alll I basically have in my music collection, although I got some newer joints like "Hip-Hop Police" by Chamillionaire, "Kick Push" by Lupe Fiasco, "Flashing Lights" by Kanye West, and "Be a ******" by Nas. You can call Soulja Boy wack and garbage (which I agree with), you gotta blame the record companies for putting it out, and the dumbasses who love and listen to crap music (pop rap).