Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Saddest Truth: Shaq is now The Big Embarrassment

this thread = epic fail

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand333
    oh no to shaq to old now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This thread is so awesome. Shaq has arguably been the best player on the Suns so far this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius07
    Yaaa, this thread officially FAILS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    this thread = epic fail
    where were you outspoken brave souls 7 months ago when this was posted?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    agreed

Not making incorrect conclusions on players ...

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    Not making incorrect conclusions on players ...
    not a conclusion at all just an opinon, no right no wrong, just a point of view from watching shaq over his many years in the NBA... just an opinon...
    thanks for sharing yours btw
    peace

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

funny that this thread has re-emerged....

Value Ape.

I am glad someone bumped this (even for the wrong reason) because I had missed it when it was fresh. Good read.

I have mixed feelings regarding shaq. I love one part of him, pre laker, laker and post laker. The funny big goof, nicknamer, and amazing player. I even love his free throw's in a strange way.

I really don't like the throw former teammates under the buss part. It is so unnecessary.

Banned

Post Re: The Saddest Truth: Shaq is now The Big Embarrassment

Nice Story, I was a big fan of Shaq before, and now because of his childish behavior, I hate e'm. Someone need to give him a ***** slap once in a while.

"Shaq tell me how your ex-wife taste"

NBA Superstar

The saddest truth: Your Laker homerism made you write (albeit articulately) a hate spiel against one of the greatest players to ever don the purple, just a wee bit too soon.

"where were we all 7 months ago?" you inquire. Not hating on the Diesel my friend.

Yo GTS, tell me how our collective asses taste.

BTW Laker fans, isn't it just a wee bit hypocritical to be hating Shaq for his immaturity when your boy Kobe openly quit in a past playoff game and could never get on with his teammates?
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 01-07-2009 at 06:05 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    BTW Laker fans, isn't it just a wee bit hypocritical to be hating Shaq for his immaturity when your boy Kobe openly quit in a past playoff game and could never get on with his teammates?
    be careful to generalize too far... yes, there are laker and kobe homer fans, but not all think the way you suggest.

as i said earlier in the thread, on a personal level, neither one of them impress me. on a professional level, i am disappointed in Shaq because he could have been so much more (which is a scary thought) if his work ethic matched the other great players in nba history... as for kobe, i don't disagree with you at all... he's got as many personality flaws as shaq.

and finally, shaq should have never made the "ass tastes" comment in public in the first place... it was a scud fired to create controversy and visibility, even if it was in jest. but then again, that is shaq as we know him. i would have reacted the same if he had said it about wade, or any other marquee player... but to say it about kobe was just asking the media to jump on the story and over react...

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    The saddest truth: Your Laker homerism made you write (albeit articulately) a hate spiel against one of the greatest players to ever don the purple, just a wee bit too soon.

"where were we all 7 months ago?" you inquire. Not hating on the Diesel my friend.

Yo GTS, tell me how our collective asses taste.

so only non laker fans are allowed to be critical of shaq? or dare be labled a "homer" how old are you anyways...

don't start crap unless you have your facts straight, i have been and always have been one of the lakers biggest critics over the years, but instead of a taking an unbiased eye you see a laker avatar on the post and go into knee jerk "homer homer alert mode"....

once again your final pie throwing of comparing kobe's oncourt failures to shaqs off court behavior shows you clearly are not on the maturity level to even be discussing things in a relevant matter...

best of luck to you

College superstar

No matter how you twist it this thread equals a massive fail.

Dan Howitt
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

[QUOTE=gts]To sports fans the hardest truths to face are often the ones that were in view the longest, these truths screamed from the rooftops yet we refused to hear, we refused to see them for what they are despite all efforts by the truth itself to enlighten us.

Instead as fans we make excuses

Haha this is so odd, I came across this article through google. Awesome job gts...I'd say that even if I wasn't a Laker fan, its just a well-written article in general. Also its evident that gts is speaking of Shaq's disgraceful behavior off the court, which pretty much sums up the public opinion of Shaq. I mean, I have lots of friends who are huge fans of Shaq but not too fond of his demeanor off the court. There's no doubt we respect Shaq's legacy as a basketball player but as an individual, he has a long way to go.

not a conclusion at all just an opinon, no right no wrong, just a point of view from watching shaq over his many years in the NBA... just an opinon...
    thanks for sharing yours btw
    peace
    From your viewpoint, it was drawn up as a conclusion. You said people can't accept facts, which isn't the case. I agree it's easier for people to just come back in this thread months later and laugh, but that's the nature of how messageboards usually work. When you're wrong, people come back and laugh, and when you're right; most people would usually appreciate...
    Last edited by brwnman; 01-18-2009 at 09:52 PM.