Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's Workout Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think? Imagine how good T-mac and Carter would be with Kobe's work ethic.
    I believe that Kobe's work ethic is a direct result of his success in the NBA health-wise. With the exception of his knee, he has been relatively healthy given the wear and tear on his body. Heck, Wade has already had a serious injury that is on par with Kobe's knee and he's only 24.

So, if anyone can get more mileage out of his body, it will be Kobe. The key will be how much desire he has to do this year in and year out.

shhhhhhh

I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think? Imagine how good T-mac and Carter would be with Kobe's work ethic.
    well we don't know the other guys work out regimen so that's hard to say... but we do know he is better than the other guys and they are incredibly talented players, remember the higher you go on any level of sport it gets harder and harder to distance yourself from the others playing at a high level..

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    well we don't know the other guys work out regimen so that's hard to say... but we do know he is better than the other guys and they are incredibly talented players, remember the higher you go on any level of sport it gets harder and harder to distance yourself from the others playing at a high level..

But, is he only better because of hsi work ethic? That's what I'm wondering. If Kobe had the same work ethic as T-Mac and Carter would he still be better?

shhhhhhh

But, is he only better because of hsi work ethic? That's what I'm wondering. If Kobe had the same work ethic as T-Mac and Carter would he still be better?
    i think we can attribute his work out scedule to his durability, i think time will tell us more as his career goes on the older you get the more careful you have to be.... one thing i found interesting was kobe was on the colin cowheard show last week and said he works out fairly hard and has yet to focus on diet, he loves junk food, pizza and burgers are his favorite,,, he went on to say that as aged he knew that his diet would become a focus for him and he considers diet another "bullet in his gun" on training

An Icon Forever

i think we can attribute his work out scedule to his durability, i think time will tell us more as his career goes on the older you get the more careful you have to be.... one thing i found interesting was kobe was on the colin cowheard show last week and said he works out fairly hard and has yet to focus on diet, he loves junk food, pizza and burgers are his favorite,,, he went on to say that as aged he knew that his diet would become a focus for him and he considers diet another "bullet in his gun" on training

You pretty much dodged what I was asking. I said if Kobe had the same work ethic as Carter and T-mac would he still be better than them? yes or no?

Also, how is it that he eats junk food yet still looks in good shape?

shhhhhhh

You pretty much dodged what I was asking. I said if Kobe had the same work ethic as Carter and T-mac would he still be better than them? yes or no?

ok i'll answer that when you post t-macs and carter workout regime... i can't aswer that because we have no idea how hard they work out... the facts are Kobe is better than them now and always been...

An Icon Forever

ok i'll answer that when you post t-macs and carter workout regime... i can't aswer that because we have no idea how hard they work out... the facts are Kobe is better than them now and always been...

Ok. That's cool. :) I figured we could speculate about it. I really don't know though.

Not airballing my layups anymore Andrew from tex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    My post wasn't meant to be a shot at Kobe, but seeing as how sensitive you Laker fans are, I should have seen this coming.

If Kobe is so much more talented then those guys, then why is it that he has the extreme work ethic? If he's so much more talented then TMac/Carter then he shouldn't have to bust his butt to be the best right? Those guys have been known to have weak work ethics and yet they're top swingmen in the league. Every wondered why? Cause they have globs of talent that makes up for the lack of work.

Again, I'm not trying to diss him or anything. I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but I don't think he is as talented as some of those guys. Its his great work habit that seperates him from the rest of the pack.
    IF I GET KICKED OUT FOR THIS I JUST DO BUT... mavsfan4zindagi ARE YOU THE MOST DUMB ASS ON THE PLANET OR WHAT ....THAT WAS SO STUPID TO SAY THAT KOBE ISNT AS ATHLETC AS VINCE OR T-MAC AND ANOTHER THING KOBE CAN WORKOUT AS MUCH AS AN 80 YEAR OLD GRANNY AND STILL PLAY GOOD ....YOU TRIED TO GIVE KOBE PROPS BUT YET YOU DISSED HIM TO ....JUST GO AHEAD AND TELL THE TRURH AND ADMIT THAT KOBE IS THE BEST IN THE NBA AND NOT JUST BECAUSE HE WORKS HARD ...AND ONE MORE THING ...HE BUST HIS BUTT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO ...HE DOSENT HAVE TO WORK THAT HARD TO BE THE BEST HE JUST WANTS TO STAY IN SHAPE LONGER THE OTHER GUYS ..OH YEAH AND BACK YOUR STORY UP WHEN YOU GET ON HERE ...YOU SAID THAT VINCE AND T-MAC HAS BE KNOWN TO HAVE WEAK WORK ETHICS AND WHERE THE HELL DID YOU HEAR THAT FROM EVERYBODY IN THE NBA IS IN SHAPE EVEN SHAQ ..BASCIALLY YOU ARE SAYING THAT KOBE IS BETTER BECAUSE HE WORKS HARDER AND THAT IS WHAT SEPERATES HIM FROM THE REST ....OK IF THATS THE CASE THEN BODY BUILDER'S SHOULD BE THE BEST ATHLETE'S ON EARTH ...JUST ADMIT IT ...KOBE IS NOT ONLY IN GREAT SHAPE BECAUSE HE STAYS IN THE GYM ..HE IS ALSO THE BEST PLAYER BECAUSE HE HAS THE SKILLS
    Last edited by Andrew from tex; 02-27-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Superstar

For the ppl saying he has to work this hard so he isnt as talented as tmac and vince. Kobe's work ethic doesnt just make him better shooting jumpers, etc...it makes him better in crucial situations.

Look at Kobe, 11 years in the league....going DEEP into the playoffs in most years and never wearing down at any moment. Sustaining that high level of play every time he steps on the court.

And god forbid he gets injured.

its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

I have a question:

Has Kobe's workout been the same for the last 2-3 years, or is there just some type of change in his strength? How long has he been using this workout?

Kobe worked extremely hard in his rookie year, but has he ALWAYS worked/trained that hard?

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by kobedaman24
    I have a question:

Has Kobe's workout been the same for the last 2-3 years, or is there just some type of change in his strength? How long has he been using this workout?

Kobe worked extremely hard in his rookie year, but has he ALWAYS worked/trained that hard?

Does anyone know?

its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

Does anyone know?
    I guess not

bump

High School Varsity 6th Man Erathia's Avatar

I think its funny that people accuse Kobe of being less talented than others because of his great work ethic. McGrady and Carter were great talents, but they are disappearing. T-Mac has been really injured and even when he doesn't have some specific ailment, he still has lingering back spasms. Carter hasn't been as repeatedly injured but has quickly disappeared. Both are/were extremely talented, but their poor work ethic resulted in a shorter prime and a faster decline than someone like Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
    There's noone in the league that's more dedicated to his work out schedule than kobe, the kobester has always been seen coming to the arena a couple hours ahead of game time for shoot arounds and light running to get the blood flowing and he's always one of the last ones to leave the building.This dude is a fine physical speciman, a well spoken gentleman and a devoted family man, there was only 1 thing kobe did wrong and we all know what that was commiting adultry and that's nothing out of the ordinary considering most guys on planet earth repeatedly does it so often.So if I was kobe I'd continue to work out hard to stay in shape to look good for my hot, beautiful and sexy wife vanessa lane and never cheat on her again cause that would be a downgrade considering how f***n' hot vanessa really is !!!

Well to be honest he hired MJ's trainer and basically is following the same routine MJ did...nothing new...he probably works harder...but thats his commitment....keeping in shape does not improve basketball skill...all hes doing is keeping his body ready for the long haul...

Agent Zero just shoots 3 pointers for nearly an hour or more...obviously he does other things but thats his speciality...

Lebron, wade they all work out...well different regimen but still...

the only player who i feel chills out and turns up to play is Allen Iverson..LOL...

"i dont need no practice man...i play my games as if they are my last...thats why i play the way i do."

words of wisdom? well you be the judge