Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's Workout Schedule

does that mean he barely got time to spend with his family?

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by mamba24
    Well to be honest he hired MJ's trainer and basically is following the same routine MJ did...nothing new...he probably works harder...but thats his commitment....keeping in shape does not improve basketball skill...all hes doing is keeping his body ready for the long haul...

Agent Zero just shoots 3 pointers for nearly an hour or more...obviously he does other things but thats his speciality...

Lebron, wade they all work out...well different regimen but still...

the only player who i feel chills out and turns up to play is Allen Iverson..LOL...

"i dont need no practice man...i play my games as if they are my last...thats why i play the way i do."

words of wisdom? well you be the judge

Do you have any links to where Kobe has hired MJ's trainer and is following the same routine as MJ?

MJ did the 666 routine??

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Erathia
    I think its funny that people accuse Kobe of being less talented than others because of his great work ethic. McGrady and Carter were great talents, but they are disappearing. T-Mac has been really injured and even when he doesn't have some specific ailment, he still has lingering back spasms. Carter hasn't been as repeatedly injured but has quickly disappeared. Both are/were extremely talented, but their poor work ethic resulted in a shorter prime and a faster decline than someone like Kobe.

McGrady and Carter were more naturally talented than Kobe, but it was Kobe's work ethic that put him on top and separated him form those two.

High School Varsity 6th Man Erathia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    McGrady and Carter were more naturally talented than Kobe, but it was Kobe's work ethic that put him on top and separated him form those two.
    Carter may have been more athletic but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    After searching and searching, I finally found Kobe's workout schedule. Found it on another forum from an insider who supposedly got the training schedule from one of kobe's trainers who he met at the LA sports club. This was also backed up by another insider..so anyways, take it for what its worth but here it is:

This workout was the one that supposedly bulked kobe up and added alot of muscle:

Its called the 666 workout. 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, 6 months a year.

Consists of:
    2 hours of running
    2 hours of basketball
    1 hour of Cardio (boxing, jump rope, etc)
    1 hour of Weights which are listed below:

Day 1 & Day 4
    Bench press
    Lat pull-downs
    Incline press
    Military press
    Abdominal crunches

Day 2 & Day 5
    Lateral dumbbell raises
    Bar dips
    Tricep press-downs
    Bicep curls
    Abdominal crunches

Day 3 & Day 6
    Back squats/Front squats
    Leg curls
    Leg extensions
    Calf raises
    Abdominal crunches

Also an important thing to know is that Kobe focused on plyometric more than anything, which for those who dont know is a method to develop explosive power.
    Thanks for the info, but I really would like to know when Kobe started this and if he has not stopped doing it.
    When I watch Kobe play, I see a very tired guy who seemed to prefer jacking up 20 footers instead of driving hard to the hoop to manufacture points. Even he is struggling from the field, you would think that a smart guy like him would change the approach and go for a higher % shot or atleast create contact to go to the line etc, but no. It's like "hey I missed that 20 footer, let me try again next time, oops missed shot again, ill make it the next tiime".
    I don't have the numbers but I really think he has taken way more perimeter shots and FTs 3-5 yrs ago compared to this year esp the playoffs.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Thanks for the info, but I really would like to know when Kobe started this and if he has not stopped doing it.
    When I watch Kobe play, I see a very tired guy who seemed to prefer jacking up 20 footers instead of driving hard to the hoop to manufacture points. Even he is struggling from the field, you would think that a smart guy like him would change the approach and go for a higher % shot or atleast create contact to go to the line etc, but no. It's like "hey I missed that 20 footer, let me try again next time, oops missed shot again, ill make it the next tiime".
    I don't have the numbers but I really think he has taken way more perimeter shots and FTs 3-5 yrs ago compared to this year esp the playoffs.
    lol you do realize you're responding to a 3 year old post?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lol you do realize you're responding to a 3 year old post?
    lol...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    lol...

I visit this board once a week and you guys laugh at me.
    Going back to my point, Don't you guys see what Im seeing? Kobe takes heck of a lot more jumpshot after jumpshot. He misses a 20 footer, he takes another perimeter shot, then another....Like I said, I dont have the numbers but I really think he has taken considerably more perimeter shots than 3-4 yrs ago where he drove hard more, get to the line or set up his teammates via handoffs.

shhhhhhh

I visit this board once a week and you guys laugh at me.
    Going back to my point, Don't you guys see what Im seeing? Kobe takes heck of a lot more jumpshot after jumpshot. He misses a 20 footer, he takes another perimeter shot, then another....Like I said, I dont have the numbers but I really think he has taken considerably more perimeter shots than 3-4 yrs ago where he drove hard more, get to the line or set up his teammates via handoffs.
    no i think you're completely correct, he does take more jumpers, but not anywhere near as much as you may think.. maybe 2% more if that..

we'll have to figure out exactly how many someday, maybe compare now to when shaq was here, to the year after shaq left and this season?...

but that's understandable, he is getting older, he has alot of miles on those 30 year old legs... add in the fact that now the lakers have interior scoring threats from not just one but a few players and he doesn't have to be the one/only guy to break the defense down off the dribble....

i was just laughing at your response to his training regiment posted from a few years ago and applying it to todays kobe, i knew what you meant...
    Last edited by gts; 05-06-2009 at 04:23 PM.

An Icon Forever

gts,

Do you feel that Kobe still uses that workout routine for the most part?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    gts,

Do you feel that Kobe still uses that workout routine for the most part?
    lol

no i think you're completely correct, he does take more jumpers,
    Yes, I finally got you to agree with me

but not anywhere near as much as you may think.. maybe 2% more if that..

we'll have to figure out exactly how many someday, maybe compare now to when shaq was here, to the year after shaq left and this season?...

but that's understandable, he is getting older, he has alot of miles on those 30 year old legs... add in the fact that now the lakers have interior scoring threats from not just one but a few players and he doesn't have to be the one/only guy to break the defense down off the dribble....

i was just laughing at your response to his training regiment posted from a few years ago and applying it to todays kobe, i knew what you meant......
    You agree with me, but just a little?

But that's ok, ill take it, actually I was hoping if I can coax you to find a website that has the shot chart of Kobe over the years, I tried(didn't try hard enough+not as smart as you.) but I couldn't find it.
    Anyway, some other stats can help.. but not limited to are the FTs taken and 3pt shots taken

The past regular season in 65 wins, he ave. 3.6 3pt shots and 6.9FTs
    as compared to 5.64 3pt shots and 6.88 FTs in losses I was hoping it was lower to prove my point.
    anyway
    for his career ave. he took 3.72 3pt shots/game and 7.66 FTs/game
    This year. it's 4.09 and 6.87
    For 00-01 season, it was 2.9, and 8.63
    For 01-02 season, it was 1.65 and 7.36
    So based on this, I think you nailed it, but Im still intrigue about the actual shot chart, how many shots he has taken from beyond 17 ft and how many layups etc. I felt even when his FTs were high and 3pt shots were down several years, back, it happened with Shaq clogging the middle as compared to this year where Pau has lurked from 15 feet and Drew missing so many games. so....

An Icon Forever

lol

huh? That was a honest question.

shhhhhhh

But that's ok, ill take it, actually I was hoping if I can coax you to find a website that has the shot chart of Kobe over the years, I tried(didn't try hard enough+not as smart as you.
    you're probably smarter than me, just not as determined... haha
    anyways if you go to 82 games they have a chart that will tell you % of jumps shots vs close, tips and dunks... and they info goes back a few years...

when looking at it realize that the jump shot catergory is everything from 7 feet on out... i got that from the owner of 82 games once because i was wondering what they calssified as a jump shot... so you have one category for jumpers and 3 or four for everything within 7 feet of the basket

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

you're probably smarter than me, just not as determined... haha
    anyways if you go to 82 games they have a chart that will tell you % of jumps shots vs close, tips and dunks... and they info goes back a few years...

when looking at it realize that the jump shot catergory is everything from 7 feet on out... i got that from the owner of 82 games once because i was wondering what they calssified as a jump shot... so you have one category for jumpers and 3 or four for everything within 7 feet of the basket
    Eric Wong from 82 games runs a fantasy basketball website www.rotoevil.com.

If you ever have any questions he is quite diligent about answering.

Or you can run your question through me. I will get back to you asap.