Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Off Season Moves.

Okafor would fit a huge need for this team. He'd also be able to play more PF than he did at Bobcats.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

yup i think okafor would fit good here...

We can overpay him for a few years.

I agree I would love to have mek here. But its not gonna happen.

Not airballing my layups anymore Grizzled Mayo's Avatar

yo mek is good and all but he is gonna cost ya like 15 mil a year lets just see how hak and arthur play out its alot cheaper that way

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled Mayo
    yo mek is good and all but he is gonna cost ya like 15 mil a year lets just see how hak and arthur play out its alot cheaper that way
    I think that's the plan. Wallace is really keen on keeping the cap space till next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I think that's the plan. Wallace is really keen on keeping the cap space till next year anyway.
    How much Capspace do we have right now? $15 a year for Emeka? Wow, that's too much. How much is Bogut getting paid again?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    How much Capspace do we have right now? $15 a year for Emeka? Wow, that's too much. How much is Bogut getting paid again?
    I'm not sure how much we have right now, I think it's around $12 mil. I could be completely wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'm not sure how much we have right now, I think it's around $12 mil. I could be completely wrong though.
    Let's say you're right, then we Blow off that $12 million to Okafor. Next year Walker's and Stoudamire's contracts expire and we have another $11 million.

Oh crap, I did some research and here are the Free agents of 09

Marvin Williams (restricted)
    Raymond Felton (restricted)
    Jason Maxiell (restricted)
    Luther Head (restricted)
    Danny Granger (restricted)
    Andrew Bynum (restricted)
    Hakim Warrick (restricted)
    Charlie Villanueva (restricted)
    Rashard McCants (restricted)
    Nate Robinson (restricted)
    David Lee (restricted)
    Channing Frye (restricted)
    Jarrett Jack (restricted)
    Francisco "Paco" Garcia (restricted)

Don't know about some of the above but CP3 and Deron and Bogut have all signed extensions. 2010 has the deepest in number and talent of free agents. But that means we have to keep tanking for 2 more years which is just really wrong.

Looking to what could be available next year, either we overpay today Emeka or we pray that Boozer opts out of his contract at the end of the season and wants to join us for the maximum. Which I fear is not going to happen and I don't know if it would be good because in a few years we have to re-sign our youngs.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Looking to what could be available next year, either we overpay today Emeka or we pray that Boozer opts out of his contract at the end of the season and wants to join us for the maximum. Which I fear is not going to happen and I don't know if it would be good because in a few years we have to re-sign our youngs.
    That's the thing. We better load up now while before we give out the extensions. I for one am really concerned about that 2010 draft. People will be overpaying for top dollar FAs. Small market teams don't have a chance

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Rudy Gay expires next year too right? hmmmmmmm i hope he stays, Gay can be the franchise player of this team. Memphis should make a deal like the one that chris paul and deron williams did so that next year wont be a problem.
    Last edited by veilside23; 07-22-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Thats just it. We have got a little over 10 million now after we signed marc gasol. Ok we could offer emeka a backloaded contract that we could only pay him like eight million this year. But it could to 12 million next season then 14 the next and then 15 then max out at like 16 million a year. But I dont know if he is worth that much. Plus were gona have to pay all the young guns that we have now. Rudy, mayo, lowry, conley, critt, hakim, arthur. All of those guys are gonna want money escpecially if they all hit their potential.

Let okafor go. Boozer will not come here. Utah will pay him just as much as us to stay. If we want meka I say trade warrik and critt for a player and a pick. Then sign okafor.

We got roughly $10 million expiring next year from Walker and Stoudamire and then another $7.5 million in 2010.

I hope the disgruntled class of Okafor, Deng, Smith would all sign 1 year offers and then we trade for them on the Feb deadline.

Then we can spend the $7.5 million for whatever's left of the big FA class of 2010.

Yeah I just dont see up over paying for anyone at this point