Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: Off Season Moves.

Yeah thats true. I remember him in highschool going to duke. I was upset cause im a unc fan. I decided that I wouldnt cheer for him until he went pro. Now that he is in the league he isnt good. Kind of disappointing.

I'm wondering why there is no just one rumour about the Grizzlies making any move. Are they planning just to sign someone from the summer league roster to fill the open spots?

I am Chris Wilcox

Chris Wallace did say that he didn't want to sign anyone and save the cap space for next year. But, since there is very little happening rumour/trade wise and also PJ Tucker's performance in the summer league and also that he won't be asking for a big contract, then I suspect that Tucker might be given an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Chris Wallace did say that he didn't want to sign anyone and save the cap space for next year. But, since there is very little happening rumour/trade wise and also PJ Tucker's performance in the summer league and also that he won't be asking for a big contract, then I suspect that Tucker might be given an offer.
    That's what I thought and I don't like it. Tucker is the last kind of player the Grizzlies need today, an undersized SF. He really made a good summer league, but with the lack of PFs we have, taking him is a mistake IMO.

EDIT: unless we can trade some of the guards and Walker is bought out.

I am Chris Wilcox

I think a Tucker would fill a need. We desperately need another SF to backup Gay, I think Tucker would a solid contributer, based on his summer league performance. Hopefully Wallace and co. have something planned, because we cannot enter the season with the current squad.

How about Shawne Williams? He's apparently on his way out of Indiana? He's an RFA but the Birds seems to be fed up with him and may be willing to let him walk.

If we could sign him to a 1 year contract with a team option next year then he'll be a nice low risk investment.

He's 6'9 and could provide great size on our thin frontline. He can also play both the 3 & 4

Also, him playing in his hometown may put him in his place. Get his momma to keep an eye on him.

I tnk he was on his way out but. The pacers are gonn give him one more chance. He also played really well in summer league. There is no fire sale on him. They arent trying to get rid of him but we could probably trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I tnk he was on his way out but. The pacers are gonn give him one more chance. He also played really well in summer league. There is no fire sale on him. They arent trying to get rid of him but we could probably trade for him.
    Did he play in the summer league?

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I think a Tucker would fill a need. We desperately need another SF to backup Gay, I think Tucker would a solid contributer, based on his summer league performance. Hopefully Wallace and co. have something planned, because we cannot enter the season with the current squad.
    I'm not quite sure he really fills a need. Having Walker and Warrick in the roster is good enough for backing up Gay. With another PF Warrick could play more minutes as SF and give some good minutes in the PF. Now, if Walker is gone and Warrick has to play PF, Tucker could be useful. But I'm worried about him being that undersized, really.

I would really take Williams for one year at least. Is Indy looking for a PG? We could manage a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    I would really take Williams for one year at least. Is Indy looking for a PG? We could manage a trade.
    Nahh Indiana's all set with Ford and Jack. I just hope they leave him be and we can sign him for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Did he play in the summer league?
    Yeah he played good. He played in the league in orlando.

is anyone else mad that the grizz didnt even try and sign nachbar. Who is now going to russia. We could have gotten a nice backup at the small forward for rudy. But he now on a plane to russia instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    is anyone else mad that the grizz didnt even try and sign nachbar. Who is now going to russia. We could have gotten a nice backup at the small forward for rudy. But he now on a plane to russia instead.
    He would have leave. Big money in Russia these days.

Can the grizz do a Marcus Camby for EMeka Okafor, who wants out of Charlotte? Not really well versed into these trade rules especially the trade exception, I just know that contracts should be of somewhat near value when you trade them.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Can the grizz do a Marcus Camby for EMeka Okafor, who wants out of Charlotte? Not really well versed into these trade rules especially the trade exception, I just know that contracts should be of somewhat near value when you trade them.
    i don't know if they can do that, but I would do it in a heartbeat. Okafor would be perfect.