Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Off Season Moves.

I'm just worried that even with all this money that no one is going to want to sign with us. But, with all these players who are willing to go overseas just for more money, then I guess we could land someone.

Not airballing my layups anymore Grizzled Mayo's Avatar

Man the grizzlies dont want to pay nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'm just worried that even with all this money that no one is going to want to sign with us. But, with all these players who are willing to go overseas just for more money, then I guess we could land someone.
    lol at your avvy, Kebab

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    lol at your avvy, Kebab
    My God is today really slow. No posts in this forum?

Anyway, how are you guys feeling about the current strategy of landing pieces to the Griz.

Unless these RFAs (Okafor, Smith, Deng) would sign only qualifying offers then we don't actually have a chance to sign someone who could help us in 2009. If we offer them contracts now then their teams would probably match them leaving us with nothing. At least if they become URFA then we are on somewhat equal playing ground.

In 2010 with all these teams prepping for capspace, am I the only one who thinks that we may not land any of the bigger names just because we play in Memphis? Just imagone, have we acquired any big free agent during the history of the franchise?

Significant figures in Grizzly uniform
    1. Reeves - Daft
    2. Shareef - Draft
    3. J-Will - Trade
    4. Gasol - Draft
    5. Battier - Draft
    6. Miller - Trade
    7. Gay - Trade
    8. Conley - Draft
    9 Mayo - Draft

Hmm that got me thinking about Posey, did we sign him?

I am Chris Wilcox

We're still a relatively young franchise, an unproven team and shipped all of our playoff year players out, apart from Warrick. Our current team is young and potential filled, in a few years, if the core is kept together, we could improve quite a lot and then signing players will be easier.

Right now though, I think signing any player would be hard, but it seems that all you need is money these days, as players going to Europe has proved that and guess what? We have money, as long as you have money the players will come!

Hey gasolina we signed posey. We also signed cardinal, stoudamire, and earl watson.
    We havent really signed anyone big.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Hey gasolina we signed posey. We also signed cardinal, stoudamire, and earl watson.
    We havent really signed anyone big.
    LOL signing Posey was great, I think Watson was ok too, but Stoudamire and CARDINAL?

Watson was signed and split minutes with J-Will right? I always wanted to see how J-Will will play in 34 minutes a game, he always wound up splitting time with legit ball handlers (B-Jax, Watson, Wade)

Man the Custodian was really bad for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    LOL signing Posey was great, I think Watson was ok too, but Stoudamire and CARDINAL?

Watson was signed and split minutes with J-Will right? I always wanted to see how J-Will will play in 34 minutes a game, he always wound up splitting time with legit ball handlers (B-Jax, Watson, Wade)

Man the Custodian was really bad for us.
    Yeah originally watson split time with williams and brevin knight.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Yeah originally watson split time with williams and brevin knight.
    We were really good set at the PG spot by that date... hope our young guys will be close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    We were really good set at the PG spot by that date... hope our young guys will be close to that.
    Yeah but for Conley, and him being picked at 5, I'd expect him to play at least 32 min a game. Not split time with Lowry at 24 each.

I am Chris Wilcox

Conley was the 4th pick, But, I agree I don't think the PG spot will be split evenly. The majority of the mins will go to Conley with Lowry backing him up and Critt getting a few minutes here and there. I mainly expect Critt to be playing the majority of his PT behind Mayo at the 2 spot.

I expect critt or lowry to be dealt befor the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Conley was the 4th pick, But, I agree I don't think the PG spot will be split evenly. The majority of the mins will go to Conley with Lowry backing him up and Critt getting a few minutes here and there. I mainly expect Critt to be playing the majority of his PT behind Mayo at the 2 spot.
    That's the thing. I believe Lowry is too good to be a 12mpg backup PG. Problem is, he can't shoot, so it's kinda meaningless for him and Conley to play at the 1 and 2 since no one can really shoot. So he's purely limited to a PG role.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

If i remember correctly Wallace mentioned during the press con of oj mayo and arthur that he wouldnt spend any money into the free agency this season i think he will get a free agent come 2009 someone who can be a second or a leader to this group of crit,conley, mayo, gay, arthur, gasol ... Plus we still have another pick i expect the grizz to put up atleast 25 games hopefully with this core and probably win the top 3 picks next year my only problem would be i dont want this team to end like the hawks being in the lottery for years and picking a redundant player that kills playing time for the soon to be greats. IE childress .

I just hope that the young core can pull up a portlant thing its not impossible because i believe that gay can be the brandon roy of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    If i remember correctly Wallace mentioned during the press con of oj mayo and arthur that he wouldnt spend any money into the free agency this season i think he will get a free agent come 2009 someone who can be a second or a leader to this group of crit,conley, mayo, gay, arthur, gasol ... Plus we still have another pick i expect the grizz to put up atleast 25 games hopefully with this core and probably win the top 3 picks next year my only problem would be i dont want this team to end like the hawks being in the lottery for years and picking a redundant player that kills playing time for the soon to be greats. IE childress .

I just hope that the young core can pull up a portlant thing its not impossible because i believe that gay can be the brandon roy of this team.
    What I fear is that next year we will be again a lottery team AND no true important big man will be available by the time the Grizz have to pick. Because this is the thing we are really missing and even if Conley doesn't develop into a star PG we will not really care having Mayo, Gay and a star in the paint. That (not having a big) would be a real trouble for this team.