Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: "Iron Mike" Tyson Appreciation Thread

I wouldn't do it for a lawsuit. But if I could get 10K for one night of a beating in the ring that's not as bad as it would have been a few years ago? I'd do it.

Mike Tyson before his trainer died, was the greatest fighter of all time. Too bad he was a complete nut, and forgot everything he was taught. After his trainer died, he looked for quick knockouts in the first round which led him to wear out very early in the match.

My favorite boxer of all time along with Roy Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I wouldn't do it for a lawsuit. But if I could get 10K for one night of a beating in the ring that's not as bad as it would have been a few years ago? I'd do it.
    Get your ass kicked for 10 grand by Tyson? He'd put you in a coma in his current form.

Kind of like how Nique can still dunk, I bet that even "Pig Iron" Mike still packs a howitzer, and may have surprisingly quick hands. Your chances would improve with a longer fight, make him chase you if you have some endurance and by the 5th round on he'll have nothing. but if it's three rounds, you may find yourself forced to engage him to win on points, and he'd probably only have to tag you once.
    Lets think of a price tag that would make someone get in the ring. It has to be reasonable. You cant say "$20mil!". I was thinking say $75,000. Maybes thats too low. But lets come up with a price tag.

3 rounds. No more. You can train to get in shape/condition. Mike cant. He has to go in the ring as is. So you can prepare. No more than 3 months.

You can not take a dive for a quick payday. You dont get a penny. So no cheap stuff.

With that said do you like your chances or would you still fear his power and gracefully stay outside the ring? I'm signing up. I'm that confident. I can go/last 3 rounds with Mike dispite the weight/size difference.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Mike Tyson before his trainer died, was the greatest fighter of all time. Too bad he was a complete nut, and forgot everything he was taught. After his trainer died, he looked for quick knockouts in the first round which led him to wear out very early in the match.

My favorite boxer of all time along with Roy Jones.
    Forgot everything he was taught? No he didnt. Mike is undisciplined. His trainer died and the first thing he did? Was listening to bad advice (forgot those two goofball names who was by his side) and got rid of damn good trainers. His lack of discipline was his downfall. Wreckless behavior outside the ring affected his performance training and in fights. He had no one he respected enough to listen too. Ground him. Send him back to reality. That was gone.

Get your ass kicked for 10 grand by Tyson? He'd put you in a coma in his current form.
    Coma? Look at Mike. Piss poor shape, conditioning. How exactly does he put you in a coma unless you drop your hands and let him treat your face like a punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Coma? Look at Mike. Piss poor shape, conditioning. How exactly does he put you in a coma unless you drop your hands and let him treat your face like a punching bag.
    Quick hands. He is a pro. Trained for 20+ years. Like you said above, I chose the wrong words in saying he forgot everything. He lacked discipline after his trainer died, though was still one of the best trained fighters.

It's like me saying I could hold my own against Jordan at his age. He's not in tip top shape, though I'd get my ass handed to me.

I'm 6'4 and 235lbs, and I think I'd have a hard time lasting 3 rounds with Mike, even with training, which I already do.

It's like me saying I could hold my own against Jordan at his age. He's not in tip top shape, though I'd get my ass handed to me.

I'm 6'4 and 235lbs, and I think I'd have a hard time lasting 3 rounds with Mike, even with training, which I already do.
    No its not like saying you could hold your own vs MJ right now.

Look at Mike Tyson. When Mike Tyson trained to fight? He still couldnt go the distance. Thats why his whole gameplan was try and KO you within 3-4 rounds. After that? You saw what he did. Sucked wind and ate punches while trying desperately to throw that power punch. But he could never set it up.

Now look at Mike Tyson. He's FAT. And you being 6'4 235lbs? Please with training you could last 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. I would put cold cash on it. And I dont know you. But I do know I cant see Mike Tyson being able to get off a power shot at his size. He has alligator arms. All you have to do is box. No one is saying stand toe to toe and trade punches. Just box and move.

You think Mike is going to cut the ring off? He's gonna stabilize you with a jab? His haymaker which was inaccurate when he trained is ACCURATE now? Come on. Mike is not putting anyone in a coma. Now he may beat a few posters here given thier size, lack of heart and easily to be intimidated nature. But Mike is not killing anyone in the state he is in. Unless he eats them.

I bet if I told your trainer that you were afraid to step in the ring with Mike? He'd straight right hand you. No f*cking way at 6'4 235lbs with some training (and more training if u were to take him on in a real bout that i laid down up above). You cant LAST with Mike for 3 rounds. If yu got a glass jaw and he catches you? It would be .gif worthy of putting OWNED on it. But hey you'd be richer thats for sure!

F*ck it it I'll just speak for myself. I could last. Not KO'ing Mike. But lasting 3 rounds? I'm confident i can do it. At worst he catches me with a devasting bodyshot. And somehow i cant continue or he continues to pile up when I get up or whatever. I'll still collect the cash in the end. All I care about. I would sign a contract to fight mike for 3 rounds for a nice sum of money.

Wouldnt do it if he got in shape/trained for it tho. It has to be in the state (that photo and others) he is currently in!

There is a difference in being scared, and thinking its a difficult task. The guy has proved he is crazy, that is all I'm going to say. Now enough of me defending my manhood.

Tyson had one of the best jabs in boxing history, one of the most efficient defenses and you are false in thinking he couldn't last the fight. He was very well conditioned. Watch his tapes before his trainer died. Very well balanced fighter, who controlled the tempo of the fight and didn't just look for knockouts. Very methodical and well planned fighter.

lol. Mike is a fat slob now, but lets be real here. He had one of the heaviest hands in the game and was arguably the best in the world at a few points in his career. Saying you can "hang" or "last" with him with no formal training whatsoever is just crazy. He would put you to sleep. Unless you plan on running away the entire 3 rounds, then i find it highly highly unlikely you would be able to hang and exchange punches.

It takes a lot of training to undestand how to move and manuever in boxing. Its not easy and you cant just pick it up like that. One clean hit is all it will take from him. Lot more agility and balance required in boxing than most give credit for
    Last edited by ihatetimthomas; 12-17-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Lets think of a price tag that would make someone get in the ring. It has to be reasonable. You cant say "$20mil!". I was thinking say $75,000. Maybes thats too low. But lets come up with a price tag.

3 rounds. No more. You can train to get in shape/condition. Mike cant. He has to go in the ring as is. So you can prepare. No more than 3 months.

You can not take a dive for a quick payday. You dont get a penny. So no cheap stuff.

With that said do you like your chances or would you still fear his power and gracefully stay outside the ring? I'm signing up. I'm that confident. I can go/last 3 rounds with Mike dispite the weight/size difference.
    Right now, he might be 270, outweighing me by 70 pounds. I couldn't stand in front of him at all, so if I tried to legitimately box with him I'd probably go down in the first two rounds. If I run around the ring like a chicken occasionally throwing a jab from the side it could last longer but it might well look like I didn't give an honest effort.

There is a difference in being scared, and thinking its a difficult task. The guy has proved he is crazy, that is all I'm going to say. Now enough of me defending my manhood.
    Not a difficult task.

3 rounds
    3 month training
    no taking a dive, cheap/funny stuff or u dont get paid
    $75,000 in cash

We're not arguing you have to win to collect. You get paid regardless. Its can you last 3 rounds. Even if you cant (he hurts you). You still collect the cash. But I dont think you get hurt as in "being put in a coma". Sorry. Mike isnt dangerous at his current state to put me in no damn coma. He couldnt cut off the ring with me in it if i had 2 left feet.

Tyson had one of the best jabs in boxing history, one of the most efficient defenses and you are false in thinking he couldn't last the fight. He was very well conditioned. Watch his tapes before his trainer died. Very well balanced fighter, who controlled the tempo of the fight and didn't just look for knockouts. Very methodical and well planned fighter.
    None of this has anything to do with Mike Tysons current state.

I'm not stupid. There aint no way I get into a ring with Mike Tyson BACK in the gym training to box professionally again. Or just training to box me in the ring. Aint no way in hell. That $75,000 would have to be increased dramastically. Give me $1.4mil or something. And I'll sit there, ponder the thoughts, the risks and tell myself "I could literally get knocked the f*ck out, end up on youtube and not remember signing the contract to fight the guy whie posting on ISH via laptop in my hospitol bed. Is it worth $1.4mil? Given our economic woes in this country?. Even still I'll be worried dude f*cks around and hits me with a wicked low blow just for shyts n giggles.

I'm not even confident envisioning such a thing. My main motivation would be the pursuit of money. People eat cow shyt for less than that. I get a nasty bodyshot where i fold like a slinky and cant get up for 3 1/2hrs 32 seconds? F*ck it. If we talk in the millions? Not even professionals are getting deals like that. Long rant short...we're not talkin prime Tyson. Tyson in shape/condition to box.

I'm talkin about the fat ass who wakes up. Breaks winds. Finishes last nights dinner on the floor of his bedroom. The guy in the photo? He's fat. Probably needs help tying his shoes which is why he always has slip ons. THAT Tyson. Dont be putting me in the ring with Tyson training man.

Aint no way. I dont want that Tyson man.

I like my chances vs this one given the groundwork established. Again I train for 3months. He cant train. He has to get in the ring as is (in photo) and box me for 3 rounds. Period. Thats the deal. The tyson you're telling me about that I ALREADY know about? I dont want him. I dont even want the Tyson who fought his last fight. I dont want Tyson training at all. Stop!

Give me the fat f*ck who has to jump in the ring and box me.

Right now, he might be 270, outweighing me by 70 pounds. I couldn't stand in front of him at all, so if I tried to legitimately box with him I'd probably go down in the first two rounds. If I run around the ring like a chicken occasionally throwing a jab from the side it could last longer but it might well look like I didn't give an honest effort.
    Hey I didnt say you had to win the fight to get paid. You go down within 2 rounds? So be it. As long as you're not faking/its a legit go down.

Collect cash and slide me 10% for creating this fantasy bout.

Not a difficult task.

3 rounds
    3 month training
    no taking a dive, cheap/funny stuff or u dont get paid
    $75,000 in cash

We're not arguing you have to win to collect. You get paid regardless. Its can you last 3 rounds. Even if you cant (he hurts you). You still collect the cash. But I dont think you get hurt as in "being put in a coma". Sorry. Mike isnt dangerous at his current state to put me in no damn coma. He couldnt cut off the ring with me in it if i had 2 left feet.

None of this has anything to do with Mike Tysons current state.

I'm not stupid. There aint no way I get into a ring with Mike Tyson BACK in the gym training to box professionally again. Or just training to box me in the ring. Aint no way in hell. That $75,000 would have to be increased dramastically. Give me $1.4mil or something. And I'll sit there, ponder the thoughts, the risks and tell myself "I could literally get knocked the f*ck out, end up on youtube and not remember signing the contract to fight the guy whie posting on ISH via laptop in my hospitol bed. Is it worth $1.4mil? Given our economic woes in this country?. Even still I'll be worried dude f*cks around and hits me with a wicked low blow just for shyts n giggles.

I'm not even confident envisioning such a thing. My main motivation would be the pursuit of money. People eat cow shyt for less than that. I get a nasty bodyshot where i fold like a slinky and cant get up for 3 1/2hrs 32 seconds? F*ck it. If we talk in the millions? Not even professionals are getting deals like that. Long rant short...we're not talkin prime Tyson. Tyson in shape/condition to box.

I'm talkin about the fat ass who wakes up. Breaks winds. Finishes last nights dinner on the floor of his bedroom. The guy in the photo? He's fat. Probably needs help tying his shoes which is why he always has slip ons. THAT Tyson. Dont be putting me in the ring with Tyson training man.

Aint no way. I dont want that Tyson man.

I like my chances vs this one given the groundwork established. Again I train for 3months. He cant train. He has to get in the ring as is (in photo) and box me for 3 rounds. Period. Thats the deal. The tyson you're telling me about that I ALREADY know about? I dont want him. I dont even want the Tyson who fought his last fight. I dont want Tyson training at all. Stop!

Give me the fat f*ck who has to jump in the ring and box me.
    That's the thing though. His speed would be deceptive. You'd think a guy that size wouldn't be able to move well, though he'd surprise you. Plus he has one of the best jabs and quickest and heaviest hands ever. It's really not an easy task lasting the 3 rounds.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Y'know, if ISH could raise maybe $500 and some cheeseburgers, we could probably get this GOBB v. Tyson fight to happen.