Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Chris Duhon agrees to join Knicks

Signing Duhon is an insurance policy. NOW, they can dump Marbury if they want to. The Knicks had no other point guard on the payroll, except Robinson, but he's a tweener.

Now D'Antoni and Walsh can waive Marbury, if Marbury gives them any problems.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Duhon and Knicks are close to deal

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Says... the Raptors fan. You do know that your team constitutes as a bad team also right? Maybe average at best, if you're lucky.
    Pretty irrelevant to the discussion of Duhon joining the Knicks. Because you're a Knicks fan, does that mean you aren't able to comment in any other thread that is about winning, team play, efficient shooting, weight loss and salary cap management?

Reality is, Duhon is a bit part. If he joined the Raps to backup Jose I wouldn't be too excited, especially for the MLE, I would be pretty pissed.

If the Raps making the playoffs the last couple of years constitutes bad....then I can't find the word for the Knicks.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Congrats on reeling in Duhon

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    A role player signs with a bad team.....not much to talk about.
    Pretty irrelevant to the discussion of Duhon joining the Knicks. Because you're a Knicks fan, does that mean you aren't able to comment in any other thread that is about winning, team play, efficient shooting, weight loss and salary cap management?
    You didnt do that though so why come in here...

Reality is, Duhon is a bit part. If he joined the Raps to backup Jose I wouldn't be too excited, especially for the MLE, I would be pretty pissed.
    wanna cookie...
    for the knicks he's a bit part as well... no one saying he's the second coming of anything spectacular. The Knicks needed a point guard that can bring the ball up, dish the rock, and play defense. Thats what they got.

I hope they dont buy Marbury out considering their are no other point guards on the roster... That would be pure stupidity. Let them compete for minutes thats a great motivational tool for both players to perform. I am not happy about the prospect of Nate Robinson and Marty Collins backing him up and I dont like the idea of Crawford moving to the point to spell Duhon. This would be just another dumb basketball move by the Knicks. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    You didnt do that though so why come in here...
    wanna cookie...
    for the knicks he's a bit part as well... no one saying he's the second coming of anything spectacular. The Knicks needed a point guard that can bring the ball up, dish the rock, and play defense. Thats what they got.
    I think you missed the previous posts. I said it wasn't a big signing, a bit player on a bad team. A response to that was how the Raptors are a bad team, which I found irrelevant to this thread. This isn't a Knicks Forum thread....

I don't like the signing at all from a financial standpoint. Yes it's less years, but he's going to be making next year probably what Cory Maggette is making next year. Duhon just isn't very good at that price, for any team.

that's true Rapsfan, but do we have lots of options?
    no cap, bad team............

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    i like this signing by the knicks... shows their committed to putting a better product on the court and at the same time not forgetting to keep their finances under control.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    that's true Rapsfan, but do we have lots of options?
    no cap, bad team............
    I read today that Marbury is close to being as good as gone. Instead of Duhon, who couldn't outplay Hinrich on a bad Chicago team (when Hinrich was playing brutal), for the full MLE (2 yrs), why not see what D'Antoni could do with Marbury. It's not like the Knicks are built to be a good defensive team so adding a PG that's biggest strength is D.....

Duhon seems like a $3 mill per type player max. Aren't the Knicks over the tax? So this is basically like paying Duhon $12 mill per year.

The Knicks needed a placeholder pg to run the offense. They got it. They don't want Marbury around, he's a total cancer. Giving him a chance to prove himself? For what? To sucker them in to keeping him around?

and no one should ever throw out cash outlays for the Knicks, unless you are worried about their finances. If they don't care about spending $12m, why do you?

if you think Duhon would be better at 3 than 5 WOOHOO. Have a cookie. Who cares? Its the same to the garden. it doesnt change the cap in any one year, and just affects cash outlay, which again unless you are a cablevision shareholder you shouldnt care about.

the knicks needed a pg at the midlevel that could run the sun style offense and they got one. i dont see any other out there. its only 2 years, and doenst affect the cap in any way. how is this at all a bad move?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    if you think Duhon would be better at 3 than 5 WOOHOO. Have a cookie. Who cares? Its the same to the garden. it doesnt change the cap in any one year, and just affects cash outlay, which again unless you are a cablevision shareholder you shouldnt care about.

the knicks needed a pg at the midlevel that could run the sun style offense and they got one. i dont see any other out there. its only 2 years, and doenst affect the cap in any way. how is this at all a bad move?
    So no signing matters in NY? Is that why they are at their current situation. It matters to being able to make your roster better, and not having the signing of Chris Duhon you major offseason roster move.

And Duhon can't run a Suns style...are you kidding me. That guy is probably the slowest PG in the entire league. Duhon, $24 mill for 2 years after the tax is a bad signing, for any team. Because the Knicks have huge revenue doesn't give them a free pass. I know Knicks fans are looking for anything positive, but you can't say you're happy with using your major financial asset in the offseason to sign a career backup PG.

Why are people bashing this move for Knicks?

The Knicks only had one point guard on their roster, Marbury, who they ideally don't want. Marbury has only one year left and they are not resigning him. The Knicks need, at worst, a backup for Marbury and at best, a replacement. Duhon was the best option out there.

He's only signed for two years so it doesn't affect 2010. They didn't have to give up any assets, like a David Lee, to get him. So the downside? Some luxury tax money. You think Cablevision is really THAT worried about it? Please....

So no signing matters in NY? Is that why they are at their current situation. It matters to being able to make your roster better, and not having the signing of Chris Duhon you major offseason roster move.

And Duhon can't run a Suns style...are you kidding me. That guy is probably the slowest PG in the entire league. Duhon, $24 mill for 2 years after the tax is a bad signing, for any team. Because the Knicks have huge revenue doesn't give them a free pass. I know Knicks fans are looking for anything positive, but you can't say you're happy with using your major financial asset in the offseason to sign a career backup PG.
    not no signing, im saying cash implications. bashing duhon for costing the knicks 12 for luxury tax rather than 6 is bashing just to bash. the extra 6 affects NOTHING except cablevisions bottom line. lots of people liek to say that to sound smart but it doesnt affect ANYTHING.

who else is out there right now that the knicks can get to run the point for 2 years or less?

Nate the only PG the Knicks have? Let's take a look at Mardy Collins numbers Vs Jason Kidd.

42.5 mpg, 38% FG, 44% 3P, 9.5 RB, 6 Ass, 22 PPG, 1 ST, 3 TO.

This was at the end of his rookie season, where he almost had a triple double a couple of times, before he had surgery.

I don't believe Duhon had this numbers against anybody in his rookie season, let alone against Kidd.

Dunking on everybody in the park lawlerslaw100's Avatar

Donny Walsh and Mike D Antoni will build a winner out of the Knicks.
    This is one of the first moves. Don't expect much out of them
    this year. The Knicks will be a playoff team in 2010, the second
    year of rebuilding.

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

oh no not DUHON the knicks are gonna be unstoppible