Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

Mc Hale is an idiot!!!! What a stupid trade, If he didn't hate the Lakers we could've conned him into giving us Mayo for Sasha!!!
    Mayo will be an awesome NBA All-Star for his entire career...........Love? Can I say Christian Laetner????

Da Mavs

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

I think it was a decent trade for both teams. No one knows how Love or Mayo will pan out...

Memphis got Mayo who could be an all star one day. They get a nice backcourt with Mayo and Conley along with Gay at the 3. They just need a PF and they're set. They get some veteran depth with Walker.

Minnesota gets a future starter and solid NBA player in Kevin Love (don't see him as an all star). they also get a proven starter and underrated talent in Mike Miller who can shoot and score. They can surround these guys around Al Jefferson and hey you never know.

The trade worked for both...Minnesota might regret it if MAyo is a star and Love isn't and Memphis might regret it if the above is vice versa and Miller plays well there too.

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    this is similar to 96draft when charlotte traded away kobe bryant for la vlade divac we saw how that worked out

OJ mayo will be better than kobe or mj when its all said and done
    keep dreaming...

Local High School Star

I'm worried that Kevin Love is going to be in foul trouble all the time. His lack of quickness and jumping is really going to hurt him on the defensive end. Like many young bigs I think he'll foul a lot.

Default Re: OJ Mayo traded to the Grizzlies

First they trade Roy for Foye...now this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa
    keep dreaming...
    no actual oj is really just that damnn good i hate to say it if i was betting vegas i say oj has a better rookie average than jordan jordan rookie average was 28.2pts and oj goes over that in the 30pt range

Learning to shoot layups

With 2 dumbass GM's involved, one has to end up making a good deal.....right? I actually like this trade for Minnesota. They showed great competitiveness for a young team last year. Bringing Love and Miller in justs add 2 guys that can compete and play hard. Plus, something that's being grossly overlooked is the fact that they got rid of Jaric's contract ($7 m / y for 3 more years) for Cardinal's ($5.5ish / y for 2 years). They know they aren't making the playoffs this year. If they can stay healthy, these guys can take a year to mesh and play together, then they'll have a nice little expiring contract to maybe bring in another piece next year.

For Memphis...I think OJ is a VERY talented player. He's gonna put up much better numbers than Love (although I think Love's contributions will go beyond that), but Memphis has like a million scoring wings / guards? WTF? Love would've been a perfect fit for them. He would've given them toughness, rebounding, and grit; stuff they lack now...

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhagan
    For Memphis...I think OJ is a VERY talented player. He's gonna put up much better numbers than Love (although I think Love's contributions will go beyond that), but Memphis has like a million scoring wings / guards? WTF? Love would've been a perfect fit for them. He would've given them toughness, rebounding, and grit; stuff they lack now...
    A million of guards, yes. Scoring guards/wings, no. Only Rudy Gay and Mike Miller, now Mayo. I agree that Love would have been a perfect fit. But it is also true that Memphis needs an impact player (in all senses), that Mayo can be but Love will probably not. The bad part for Memphis is getting Jaric's contract and that they are even more weak in the frontcourt after losing Collins (I don't like him, but still is a presence in the paint). I think it could end up a good trade for both teams, and I was very reluctant to the trade at the beginning...

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

I think that Minnesota improved their starting line-up and bench while getting rid of bad contracts. Memphis got a star player for their future. I don't see what is wrong with this trade.

Memphis really needed some more talent in the backcourt and Mayo could turn out to be something special. Minnesota has been begging for a guy with decent size in their front court, so that players like craig smith can play quality minutes WHEN NEEDED.

Minnesota also hasn't had a quality 2-3 spot guy and if sophomores like Corey Brewer can't play the 3 and they're looking for Rashad to come off the bench with scoring. It will work out well for Mike Miller being in Minnesota. Foye/Miller/Gomes/Al J/Doleac or Collins....not a bad starting line-up and Rashad can pick up the scoring load off the bench. Minnesota is going to be a lot better next year.

Bump

I am Chris Wilcox

How come the thread got moved?

Learning to shoot layups KnicksFan11's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

HAHAHA! Horrible trade for Grizzlies..

Gave up Kevin Love and Mike Miller?

on snap..

Its over... I'll this team in the Top 5 lottery pick next season!

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan11

on snap..

thanks. we need another star to fill some spots and have one of the best young teams in the league. Watch out the Grizzlies in four years, they will be in the top of the West with Portland. By the way, how are your Knicks doing?

on snap..

Wow seriously talking trash about the grizz. When was the last time the knicks had an above .500 record. Your entire squad is overpayed trash. Besides your young guns. But they also suck. Galiinari might be good. But im sue he will leave the knicks when he realize how badly run that organization is. How much is marbury getting payed again? What about q-rich or randolph, or jerome james for that matter. In two years the griz will have almost 20 million in cap room and another three lottery picks on this squad. With already having a great core of young guys in rudy gay, mayo, conley, critt, lowry, arthur, gasol. Your team has maybe three players worth a damn. So check your idiocy at the door before you talk trash.
    Last edited by jailer; 07-11-2008 at 11:54 AM.

I am Chris Wilcox

on snap..

We give up Kevin Love and Mike Miller, but we get a player filled with potential and could possibly be the best player from this year's draft. Hmmmm.....I know which I would rather have.