Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    PG - Mike Conley/Kyle Lowry
    SG - OJ Mayo/J.Crittendon/
    SF- Rudy Gay/
    PF- Hakim Warrick/D.Arthur
    C- Darko Milicic/Marc Gasol
    I guess this will be the rotation for the year, barring any more trades.

Biggest problem from last season was defense. Perimeter and Down low.

If the Grizz had Love would they be any better defensively inside? No.

At least with Mayo, they get a legit 6'5 guard who could probably play the 2 and play at least average D. Mike Miller was absolutely getting killed at the perimeter at the end of each tight game. No fault there, as he was an SF playing out of position and guarding smaller SGs.

With the addition of Arthur I hope could turn into an Udonis Haslem type of player. He has shown the ability to block shots in college, and I certainly hope that translates well in the NBA.

For Marc, meh... I don't really know. Seems too slow to play in the L.

Though I think we could've gotten something more out of Miller. But that's just me.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease

Odom
    Gasol
    Bynum

am glad odom is back in the mix.. after the bashing he received..

Classic...

Krust Kingz

I am sad to see such a professional player like Mike Miller go to such an abysmal team like Minny. I hope he has a chance to eventually play for a contender instead of being part of a rebuilding process.

I wish their was a way he could have made his way to the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    i actually i have no idea why the wolves would do this... AL Jefferson+ OJ Mayo= scary combo
    I agree. Further proof that McHale is the worst evaluator of talent in the league. Its a joke that he still has a job.

The trade is getting no "Love" in Minnesota. The local Star Tribune ran an online poll and 61% voted for:

"No, no, no! Another draft that will haunt the Wolves in years to come."

Dumb trade. Love will try hard, but he just doesn't have the physical tools to justify his draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Miller
    Love
    Jefferson

Thats one of the best ,if not THE best, fron-court in the league
    No its one of the worst, and probably the worst defensively. None of those players are incredibly quick, and while they are very skilled that lack of athleticism will hurt them.

Grizzlies will still be bad next season. They are going to have a nice duo with Mayo and Gay though, I'd be excited to be a Grizz fan for years to come watching that backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by NeighborhoodKid
    Memphis has a good future in sight with their roster. but minnesota? where are they headed? you tell me the best deal you can make for OJ Mayo is Kevin 'draft bust' Love??? i really hope Jefferson and Miller can get out of there and enjoy their careers instead of being stuck in that hell hole
    The main trade was NOT Mayo for Love. It was Mayo for Love/Miller. Buy a clue.

Saw a basketball once AJ|Bertelli's Avatar

they both got a good deal, the grizzlies are trying to start fresh, and the wolves got some more choices, miller is definitively going to make a big presence

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    PG - Mike Conley/Marko Jaric/Kyle Lowry
    SG - OJ Mayo/J.Crittendon/Greg Buckner
    SF- Rudy Gay/
    PF- Hakim Warrick/Antoine Walker/D.Arthur
    C- Darko Milicic/Marc Gasol

Think thats the roster. Team aint THAT bad. I mean if you look at it from a talent perspective. If Memphis plays thier cards right via trade/cap room? Who knows.
    I hope that Walker and Buckner are used in some sort of deal that brings in a nice SF backup to play behind Rudy.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I agree. Further proof that McHale is the worst evaluator of talent in the league. Its a joke that he still has a job.
    People said the negative same stuff, when Stern ordered the KG /Jefferson trade. Like it was all McHale

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]People said the negative same stuff, when Stern ordered the KG /Jefferson trade. Like it was all McHale

Memphis will regret giving up Mayo AND Miller

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Memphis will regret giving up Mayo AND Miller
    We never gave up Mayo. We got Mayo and traded away Love.

How will Memphis regret giving up OJ Mayo when they traded for him? lol

this is similar to 96draft when charlotte traded away kobe bryant for la vlade divac we saw how that worked out

OJ mayo will be better than kobe or mj when its all said and done