Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Yet we get Marko Jaric who has $22 Million due to him over the next 3 seasons
    1. You're a Lakers fans; why are you worried about Memphis?

2. At least you can see his hot wife at more games.

Serious playground baller mswank's Avatar

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

i actually kind of like it for the grizz...mini-hawks w/ mayo as joe johnson and gay as josh smith? conley too? could be good

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Better trade for minny. Arthur will be playing for Memphis as well maybe this is the reason why they let go of klove Memphis acquired arthur from portland according to NBA maybe they bought the pick... FCk all the teams after pick#10 who passed on Darell Arthur the dude will be a monster in this league.

Maybe lowry is good to go. People think memphis got lucky because they have cardinal you must be forgetting that you get Jaric who is only good because of Lima.

Miller will benefit from this trade plus collins will see solid minutes. love will probably start at 4 on some games but Jefferson is better at 4 so he might stay in the bench for sometime. AWWWWWWW just really a bad trade for both teams. Minny could have gone for darko instead of collins.

Memphis will get more people to watch them because of Mayo and Lima

Serious playground baller Xplicit's Avatar

Of all the players involved, Mayo is the most valuable. He's the only one who could actually be a All-Star caliber player, so you can say Memphis won this trade on that fact alone. Just not a big fan of Love. Think he'll be an average role player at best in the pros.

mike miller>>>> mayo

even without love included in the trade, it would still be in min's favor.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    Better trade for minny. Arthur will be playing for Memphis as well maybe this is the reason why they let go of klove Memphis acquired arthur from portland according to NBA maybe they bought the pick... FCk all the teams after pick#10 who passed on Darell Arthur the dude will be a monster in this league.

Maybe lowry is good to go. People think memphis got lucky because they have cardinal you must be forgetting that you get Jaric who is only good because of Lima.

Miller will benefit from this trade plus collins will see solid minutes. love will probably start at 4 on some games but Jefferson is better at 4 so he might stay in the bench for sometime. AWWWWWWW just really a bad trade for both teams. Minny could have gone for darko instead of collins.

Memphis will get more people to watch them because of Mayo and Lima
    I couldn't care less about how many fans we have, I want to win and we can't do that with Chris Wallace as our GM.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
    1. You're a Lakers fans; why are you worried about Memphis?

2. At least you can see his hot wife at more games.
    No. He's a memphis fan. He jumped on the laker bandwagon during the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I couldn't care less about how many fans we have, I want to win and we can't do that with Chris Wallace as our GM.

It's not an awful deal for Memphis, a lot of experts like it, including Ford.

The bottom line is that they got the 3rd best player in the draft, and have the Jaric contract, which just lasts a year longer than the Cardinal contract.

I think they use OJ as a 2 that can distribute, and are now set at the 1, 2 and 3 with good young players.

They obviously need to put something together to get rid of their extra guards, but still, you can definitely get someone in the front court for a package of say, Lowry and Antoine's expiring contract.

Minnesota also made out well, I thought. Tons of cap space coming for 2010, a shooter in Miller to make people pay for doubling Al, and a big, hard working guy like Love to play alongside him (and yes, I think you can play the two together).

Although, it wouldn't shock me at all if Miller gets on the move for a young prospect, or a package of sorts.

Kebab dont be so down... Darell Arthur is a proven winner you will be surprise with this kid.

I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab dont be so down... Darell Arthur is a proven winner you will be surprise with this kid.
    I hope so. He will definitly have plenty of minutes to grow and mature in Memphis, playing only behind Hakim Warrick. Maybe if Mayo and Gay can co-exist and Marc Gasol can fit in well, then maybe this won't be so bad.

I hope so. He will definitly have plenty of minutes to grow and mature in Memphis, playing only behind Hakim Warrick. Maybe if Mayo and Gay can co-exist and Marc Gasol can fit in well, then maybe this won't be so bad.

yup you just have to get rid of crittenton and lowry... coz you already have jaric as well thats the problem but in time your front court will be good.

Not airballing my layups anymore taibien86's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS:OJ Mayo traded to the Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Minnesota wins this trade hands down. Love and Jefferson in the frontcourt? An explosive shooter/swingman in Miller? For Mayo and a heap of trash??? T-Wolves made out like bandits.
    the bottom line is, mayo will be an all star and love will not. memphis actually made a good move

I am Chris Wilcox

yup you just have to get rid of crittenton and lowry... coz you already have jaric as well thats the problem but in time your front court will be good.
    If we could package them away from some front court talent then I would be happy.

Very good deal for Minny. Jefferson, and Love will form a formidable front line. Miller is one of the most underrated players in the league. He'll help them a lot. Minny is greatly improved.

I don't really like this deal from Memphis' perspective. Love is exactly what they need to replace Gasol. They have a ton PG's now (I predict Lowry, and another PG will get traded), and is a Mayo/Conley back court really going to work? Mayo is over-rated. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a lackluster NBA career.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS:OJ Mayo traded to the Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by taibien86
    the bottom line is, mayo will be an all star and love will not. memphis actually made a good move
    Mayo may be an all star once or twice, but he will not be among the best 5 or 6 guards in the west most seasons. Paul, Williams, Roy, and Bryant will have spots locked up for the next 5 years, add in guys like Ellis, Parker, Iverson, and Martin, and it will be tough for him to make the all star team more than once or twice.