Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Default Re: Diop to sign with Mavs...5 year deal starting at nearly 6 mil a year

u've got to be kidding me, first Cuban trades the whole team for an old point guard, and know hes giving away money on a center thats backup.????
    lol

Default Re: Diop to sign with Mavs...5 year deal starting at nearly 6 mil a year

This must mean Dampier is on the trading block.

They should be able to get a solid wing in return for him.

Quote Originally Posted by steve franchise
    u've got to be kidding me, first Cuban trades the whole team for an old point guard, and know hes giving away money on a center thats backup.????
    lol
    Wait....first you're upset that they traded Diop for an old point guard...but then you are upset they get Diop back?

Sounds like a flip-flop to me. Don't run for president.
    Last edited by bagelred; 07-03-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    $6mil per year to do what?
    Bigs always get overpaid.

Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I will paypal anyone $100 if they can compose a good answer to why Diop is worth $30mil over the next 5yrs.
    He's not, but he is the best big at MLE level money out there.

He's better than Kwame Brown or any of the other free agent bigs.

Originally Posted by GOBB
    I will paypal anyone $100 if they can compose a good answer to why Diop is worth $30mil over the next 5yrs.
    Because he was the best big man available, the Mavericks only had Dampier as a big, Diop is a super nice guy, and Cuban doesn't care what he spends, he wants to get his man.

Do you want my PayPal number?

[QUOTE]An NBA source has informed Dallasbasketball.com to not jump too soon on the notion that the Mavs have exhausted the full MLE on DeSagana Diop, telling us that Dallas is attempting to instead work with New Jersey to swap the center in a sign-and-trade.

"(Dallas) has a financial deal with Diop (for the MLE-level money of about $5.7 mil for five years) but that doesn't mean it has to be for the MLE,'' the source says. "(The Mavs are) trying to avoid that.''

It would in fact be beneficial for all parties to attempt an S&T with the Nets. Diop gets his money either way. New Jersey would get something in exchange for the departing 7-footer. (Expiring contracts?) And the Mavs would get Diop and the freedom to use the MLE to pursue wish-list free agents like Corey Maggette, James Posey, Eddie Najera and others.

A couple of notes here:

* From what we are gathering, the Mavs would like to S&T with the Nets without forfeiting Devean George, who the team believes still has value here as a player.

* That elevates Eddie Jones and his expiring as a prominent piece in any such deal.

* We get re-confirmation from another source on Dallas' very high opinion of Boston free agent James Posey

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    This makes no sense to me. What do the Mavericks have that the Nets want? They already raped Mavs of two first round picks. Why do the Nets want any more players? They have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This makes no sense to me. What do the Mavericks have that the Nets want? They already raped Mavs of two first round picks. Why do the Nets want any more players? They have enough.
    cap space from expiring deals to get ready to try and sign LeBron.

Eddie Jones is expiring after this year, Stackhouse has only a small amount guaranteed following this year, Devean George can be S&Td for any amount and would surely be open to a one or two year large payday, Dampier only has two years left guaranteed on his fat contract.

The Mavs are not in as bad a shape as some are making them out to be.

BlogOFfatman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Because he was the best big man available, the Mavericks only had Dampier as a big, Diop is a super nice guy, and Cuban doesn't care what he spends, he wants to get his man.

Do you want my PayPal number?

Cuban does care what he spends now... hes has become very cautious with his money the past 3 or 4 years.

If I was GM I would want Gerald Greeen and Antione Wright and call it a deal

I think the Nets are going to S&T Krstic to that 3rd team in the same deal to get a decent SF...

Antoine Wright/Eddie Jones/(depends on who the 3rd team could be)

all possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    I think the Nets are going to S&T Krstic to that 3rd team in the same deal to get a decent SF...

Antoine Wright/Eddie Jones/(depends on who the 3rd team could be)

all possibilities...
    Nets should keep Nenad. He has all the "upside" that people want.

Nets should keep Nenad. He has all the "upside" that people want.
    The Nets have tons of bigs already...they don't really need Krstic...

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    The Nets have tons of bigs already...they don't really need Krstic...
    Trade someone else. Sean Williams is overrated. They should trade him while his value is high.