Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Why do people feel the need to post in thread with 1 liners? If you want to contribute how bout you explain yourself even if its just a small explanation? Not to mention people dont read these threads to see whats already been said/argued.
    Amare Stoudemire is better than Dwight Howard in my opinion

Amare's ability to create his own shot, finish around the rim, hit his free throws, hit the jumper, and use all of the moves he's got (he has more moves than Dwight) puts him over Dwight. Even though Dwight is the better rebounder and shot blocker/post defender, I'd take Amare anyday and everyday

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

Ok, then answer this...

If you are Orlando, would you trade Dwight for Amare if the opportunity presented itself?

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

There is not one Magic fan on earth who would trade Dwight for Amare. I'm sure you could find some Suns fans that would though. That tells me a lot.

South Africa 2010

I wouldn't trade Howard for Amare. Howard is a much better player.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    Ok, then answer this...

If you are Orlando, would you trade Dwight for Amare if the opportunity presented itself?
    of course orlando is not gonna trade their young center for a pf, all-star centers are rare

There is not one Magic fan on earth who would trade Dwight for Amare. I'm sure you could find some Suns fans that would though. That tells me a lot.
    Dwight wouldn't fit with the current Suns system. Don't give me that bs that he has speed...he doesn't have enough speed, nor is he athletically superior like Amare. People are overrating his D, yes he has excellent defense. Although the gap between his D is nothing like Amare's Offensive advantage.

South Africa 2010

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Dwight wouldn't fit with the current Suns system. Don't give me that bs that he has speed...he doesn't have enough speed, nor is he athletically superior like Amare. People are overrating his D, yes he has excellent defense. Although the gap between his D is nothing like Amare's Offensive advantage.

Howard is Orlando's franchise player. If you're assuming Amare could take his spot you're crazy.

Local High School Star

making trades dont determine if a player is better then the other, thats the dumbest **** i've read on here, if we go by your logic al jefferson is better then kg, kwame brown is better then caron butler and pau gasol, we can go on and on

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    Howard is Orlando's franchise player. If you're assuming Amare could take his spot you're crazy.
    when did I say that? Amare is Suns franchise player...Kerr is building around him. No way D12 would fit here...well not with the style they've been playing with.

Local High School Star

when did I say that? Amare is Suns franchise player...Kerr is building around him. No way D12 would fit here...well not with the style they've been playing with.
    these cats really think you can just stick a player , especially a center, on any team and get the same results.

What does that tell you? That Dwight is younger and less injury prone because it sure as hell doesnt tell you that Dwight is better than Amare right now.

Banned

yao is the best right now of the three but hes also a lot older and can only play the halfcourt style offense and is best as a #1 option.

dwight is younger, a better rebounder, and a better defender than amare. all he needs is to develop a better offensive game and then he has a shot at being one of the great big men of all time.

South Africa 2010

\

What I'm trying to say is that Amare is not a franchise guy and he can't be no matter which team he's with. Howard is and will be a franchise player in any team he's with. this might of gotten of topic but i stick with the opinion that Howard is better than Amare.

Banned

Dwight, because Amare is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    \

What I'm trying to say is that Amare is not a franchise guy and he can't be no matter which team he's with. Howard is and will be a franchise player in any team he's with. this might of gotten of topic but i stick with the opinion that Howard is better than Amare.
    your opinion isn't relevant, facts are. what you've claimed is not a fact.