Good college starter

Default The Knicks Starting Lineup for 08-09

Here is what I think the Knicks lineup will be

PG-Duhon
    SG-Crawford
    SF-Richardson
    PF-Lee
    C-Curry

Seing that Marbury is just about the hit the door, Chris Duhon will be the floor leader the Knicks need.

Jamal Crawford fits in in D'Antoni's system

Q-Rich has been working hard to get back in playing shape (Seen him on TV working out) and should be fully recovered from his back surgery. Thats why he played like crap last season

With the talks of Zach Randolph getting traded, David Lee should be able to get the starting PF spot with no problems

Eddy Curry should have no problems getting the ball in the low post since Duhon will be handling the ball and being former Bulls.

I honestly think the Knicks could really make a push for the playoffs with this lineup.

That's Turr'ble

Default Re: The Knicks Starting Lineup for 08-09

I honestly think the Knicks could really make a push for the playoffs with this lineup.

Learning to shoot layups

isnt lee goin too anyway the knicks are my team but they will not make the playoffs next year

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Here is what I think the Knicks lineup will be

PG-Duhon
    SG-Crawford
    SF-Richardson
    PF-Lee
    C-Curry...
    I hate to burst your bubble, but it is not that simple:

1. It is debatable whether Duhan will start or be competing for the starting PG position with Marbury, Crawford, Nate and Collins.

2. We don't know if they will let Marbury compete for the starting PG position, move him to SG, build up his trade value and trade him before the deadline, trade him right away, buy him out, wave him, or let his contract expire after the season.

3. They have been offering Lee in trades and he is the Knicks most sought-after player, so we don't even know if he will be here when the season begins.

4. Even if Lee is here then, if Randolph is not traded first, Zack probably will start at PF, rather than Lee. If Randolph is to be traded before the deadline, I would think the strategy would be to build up his value as a 20 - 10+ player.

5. Since priority one is to get under the cap by 2010, no player on the Knicks is untouchable as far as being traded. Who knows if Crawford or Curry will be here at the start of the season if the Knicks get a reasonable offer?

6. Only Q due to his bad back, Jerome James due to his being virtually worthless (unless Izaiah can find a sucker who will employ Zeke again), Jarid Jeferies (chronic underachiever) and Collins, who has almost zero value at this time are likely to be here. Anyone and everyone else is a guess.

7. Given the above, how can anyone accurately predict a line up?

Krust Kingz

Playoffs?
    dude lets just get a season where we are .500 please.. anything after that is gravy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Playoffs?
    dude lets just get a season where we are .500 please.. anything after that is gravy!

I agree. But I would be happy to see even 8 guys pulling in the same direction this season for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Playoffs?

in the east, .500 means the playoffs
    But I agree, we shouldn't start talkin playoffs

Decent playground baller jlawdrummer's Avatar

I'd love to see the Knicks as a vastly improved team, but honestly I won't mind at all if we are a lotto team again this year, as long as I see SOME improvement somewhere, hopefully in general attitude and just playing the game as a team. We still have our 1st rounder this year, so why not go for another high lotto pick? :) All I'm saying is yea, if D'Antoni somehow turns this whole team around magically in one season, which I doubt, then GREAT. If not, another lotto pick, turning into another young player who we'll keep, only helps any FA's that may want to come to NY in the 2010 offseason. The more good players we have around here on the team, the more some of those players are gonna want to come here (as opposed to Brooklyn?)

Just my 2 cents

Banned

You guys forgot about Gallinari. It's possible he may get a starting role at SF(or PF). Being picked sixth he better get some reasonable playing time.

Duhon
    Crawford
    Gallinari
    Lee
    Curry

That's how I see it as of now.

Gallinari should be in the starting lineup. And Wilson Chandler needs to get some burn too!

Jamal Crawford
    Wilson Chandler
    Danilo Gallinari
    Zach Randolph
    Eddy Curry

Duhon and Lee off the bench

that's my favorite lineup

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Jamal Crawford
    Wilson Chandler
    Danilo Gallinari
    Zach Randolph
    Eddy Curry

Duhon and Lee off the bench

that's my favorite lineup

I really like that lineup! But we shouldn't let Crawford play the point the entire game.

Local High School Star Sicknote's Avatar

I see Duhon, Crawford, Gallinari, Lee/Randolph, Curry/Randolph as our lineup.

Q as our 6th and Chandler as our 7th/8th man possibly.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

People sometimes say honestly before their comments because they don't think people will believe them.Dude,I think you know why.

Saw a basketball once

Just to let everyone know if we are going to get rid of zach we have to package dlee with him are starting line up should look something like this.we won't be able to defend anyone but has dantoni system ever asked for that

duhon
    crawford
    chandler
    rooster
    curry