Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: If You Were Baron Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Miami was one of the worst teams in the league.

You can suggest they are bad but seriously

Baron-Wade-Marion-Beasley is the deadliest quartet in over a decade.

Pat Riley can pull of deals and free agent signings like that.

It's risky but I'd take the MLE and play in Miami and get a bigger contract next season by re-signing.
    lol

Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back out?

Baron WANTS to be in L.A. I think he was going there more for the money, to be able to be closer to his movie producing and to be home close to his granny. I think he puts those 3 things above winning so I think he'll stay in L.A.

What's cracking me up is Brand specifically asked for Baron and then he bolted.

Brand told ESPN.com on June 30 that his "intention is to stay" with the Clippers, while Falk spoke optimistically of Brand signing a deal to "finish his career with the Clippers" if the team could make another significant personnel acquisition or two. ESPN.com reported late last week that Davis was the player Brand specifically asked Clippers management to chase in June.

Default Re: Will Baron Davis back out of signing with Clippers now that Sixers are getting Br

Would Baron play the 2?

Andre
    Baron
    Iggy
    Brand
    SD

I dont care what anyone has to say that team would be better than the Celtics.
    wow

Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back out?

I think he may back out if Maggette joins the Warriors,

shhhhhhh

Miami was one of the worst teams in the league.

You can suggest they are bad but seriously

Baron-Wade-Marion-Beasley is the deadliest quartet in over a decade.

Pat Riley can pull of deals and free agent signings like that.

It's risky but I'd take the MLE and play in Miami and get a bigger contract next season by re-signing.
    it's ultra risky because he can't do that, (unless they cleared cap space)... a team doesn't get bird rights on a free agent until after 3 years.. so all he would get next year is another MLE contract.. he's better off taking the MLE and 8% raises yearly.. or stick with the clipps who can offer him a much larger check...

Serious playground baller exaqtion's Avatar

He should def. backout. He wont tho cuz its his hometown but damn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
    I think he may back out if Maggette joins the Warriors,
    I dont think Baron ever expected to even play with Maggette.

In the same position he is in now with Elton Brand heading to Philly,what would you do?

Choices:

1.Stay true to your word and sign with the Los Angeles Clippers tommorrow for 5/$65 Million.

2.Sign with the Miami Heat to a 1/$5.8 MLE and re-sign to a bigger contract next season with Miami or elsewhere.

Which one would you take?
    So he turns down $17mil he was guranteed to make with GSW in order to opt out and take a $5.8mil 1yr deal?

Yeah the $11mil aint that big of a deal. Considering he signed with the LAC because of MONEY ($65mil for 5yrs? Again who was offering that!). And sure you'll tell me "He'll get his money next offseason". He could have stayed a Warrior and got money next offseason as well.

Strange things happen but this would be a stupid choice on his part. And dude has a hard on for the West Coast. I know Miami is attractive but I dont see him leaving the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    it's ultra risky because he can't do that, (unless they cleared cap space)... a team doesn't get bird rights on a free agent until after 3 years.. so all he would get next year is another MLE contract.. he's better off taking the MLE and 8% raises yearly.. or stick with the clipps who can offer him a much larger check...
    Shyt that definately would be a dumb decision on Baron's part if he did the Miami thing.

Banned

Default Re: So since Baron Davis hasn't signed the contract...

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I'd rather sign minimum guys then try to make a splash next offseason while adding Jennings this summer.
    of course you'd like to add jennings, but lets remember this isn't a huge possibility and just a small chance instead.

just like it was a sure thing the clippers were contenders this time last week, and now look what happened.

Verbal committments don't mean shyt.

Sign the dotted line and I'll believe.

And where is this official news coming from the Brand signed with 76ers?

Once again, it's all hype until they sign the contract.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back ou

Why would the Clippers want him? He

Hey Gobb... **** you and the Sixers.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back ou

go back to the warriors baron..

run and gun baby.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Verbal committments don't mean shyt.

Sign the dotted line and I'll believe.

And where is this official news coming from the Brand signed with 76ers?

Once again, it's all hype until they sign the contract.
    Open your eyes