Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Pacers trade O'Neal to Raptors for Ford, Nesterovic, 17th pick

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    A non healthy JO is sitting on the bench in a suit (he's a snazzy dresser btw, you'll come to see this Toronto), so a healthy Rasho is quite obviously better.

What attitude from TJ Ford? What shoot first mentality? Still put up 6+ apg (3/1 a:to) in just under 24mpg. 10 FGA per game on 46%. If Calderon hadn't emerged, would Ford even be on the block?
    You can't really say that based on the facts that have already happened. Calderon did emerge and can run the team a lot better than Ford. Calderon also sacrificed whatever he could for the team to win...even letting Me-J back into the starting lineup b/c he was sulking on the bench when he was the backup. Ford has the "me against the world attitude" and if you watched enough games you'd know more times than not he put himself in the driver seat to take the shot at the end of the game or the "mano e mano" match ups then the correct choice for the team. Bosh in the post.

I really like this deal for the Raps and now BC has shown he is willing to go out and build a contender for Bosh. Both teams got a good deal and plugged holes in their lineups. Raps finally get their inside help on the boards/shot blocking which they've never had and Indy rids themselves of a bad contract and has a nice young core and some picks to go with it.

Both teams win IMO

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bonez26
    You can't really say that based on the facts that have already happened. Calderon did emerge and can run the team a lot better than Ford. Calderon also sacrificed whatever he could for the team to win...even letting Me-J back into the starting lineup b/c he was sulking on the bench when he was the backup. Ford has the "me against the world attitude" and if you watched enough games you'd know more times than not he put himself in the driver seat to take the shot at the end of the game or the "mano e mano" match ups then the correct choice for the team. Bosh in the post.

I really like this deal for the Raps and now BC has shown he is willing to go out and build a contender for Bosh. Both teams got a good deal and plugged holes in their lineups. Raps finally get their inside help on the boards/shot blocking which they've never had and Indy rids themselves of a bad contract and has a nice young core and some picks to go with it.

Both teams win IMO
    I agree both teams did tons to help themselves. Guess I'll just have to see if he has the me first style for myself. Either way I expect big assist numbers from him, and if he wants to take the last shot in a close game, good. That's something we've been lacking ever since Jackson was traded.

McCants is Available!!

This is just the start for Indy. Ford/Dunleavy could be a lethal combo. The Pacers were slated to take Augustine, but I can see them going after another big like Javale McGee, Speights, or Koufos. The Pacers are in great shape to make some noise in the East next year.

Default Re: Pacers trade O'neal to Raptors for Ford, Nesterovic, 17th pick

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Actually July 9th because of TJ Ford's contract.

It's July 1st...that's when the BYC is done. Check it online.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Smart trade for both teams.

Indiana gets a good rebuilding package as well as a decent replacement to an injury prone and old Jamaal Tinsley.

Toronto gets bigger to try and compete with the likes of Boston's KG/Perkins, LA's Drew/Pau.

Not a bad gamble on Jermaine who seems to have lost a step due to injuries.

Thats also two defensive players down low.

Healthy Bosh/O'Neal rapes both of those examples, especially KG/Perkins. I mean seriously...Bosh/Rasho is likely better than that combo this year.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Something worth noting is that Ford's contract is completely insured in the event of, God forbid, a career ending back injury. JO's isn't.

Local High School Star

Default Re: O'Neal-Ford deal looks legit...

Bad deal for the Raptors. I understand that they had to answer the PG question, but trading for softy mcsofterton who's about 3 years past his worth isn't going to help. This team isn't going to win a championship, and it's assembled as a team that needs to win the championship immediately.

It would be different if this was their only option... but Ford is one of the better PGs in the league, all you can get for him is a washed up soft PF? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    Healthy Bosh/O'Neal rapes both of those examples, especially KG/Perkins. I mean seriously...Bosh/Rasho is likely better than that combo this year.
    Sorry but the word rapes is going too far.

KG/Perkins have proven to be a physical duo that intimidates a lot of other post presences.

It won't be easy for Chris Bosh who has a lot of bad shooting games for a big man and O'Neal who's been out for almost a year.

Besides, Bynum is already better than JO while Pau is still a star.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I agree both teams did tons to help themselves. Guess I'll just have to see if he has the me first style for myself. Either way I expect big assist numbers from him, and if he wants to take the last shot in a close game, good. That's something we've been lacking ever since Jackson was traded.
    That's good for the Pacers...unfortunately the ball should have been in Bosh's hands in those situations and it wasn't he'll get better he still has years to improve. Thing is some nights he's inconsistent with the assist numbers...there's are night when he almost had 20 ast a couple of times but then the next night would have three or something...but on a nightly basis you could probably pencil him in for 6-8 assists and about 13-16 pts which isn't bad at all. Of course injury concerns aside for both players.

As a side note the Raps have turned Charlie V and the 17th pick into JO...pretty good ROI if you ask me..lol

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Bad deal for the Raptors. I understand that they had to answer the PG question, but trading for softy mcsofterton who's about 3 years past his worth isn't going to help. This team isn't going to win a championship, and it's assembled as a team that needs to win the championship immediately.

It would be different if this was their only option... but Ford is one of the better PGs in the league, all you can get for him is a washed up soft PF? Come on.
    1. It's a team built to make it past the first round of the playoffs.

2. JO is one of the top big man defenders in the NBA, can rebound and block shots. Thats not soft. He might be a bit soft offensively, but who cares? We already can score, and Bosh should be averaging close to 27 - 10 this season now he is back healthy and doesn't have to worry about playing center.

Rumors are JO is totally healthy. He is also working out this summer with the top personal trainer available to NBA players.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo

Alright then name one decent PF-C we could have got for Ford...or any player that has even neared being a star for that matter. None cause there was no deal out there like that...don't you think BC would have taken it, if it was available. We got the best possible return for TJ. Anyway you put it this was the best deal on the table and plugs a huge need for us and for the Pacers. Even if he get 10ppg 7rpg ad 2 blks a night...his presence alone will take a huge weight of Bosh's shoulders and is in no way worse than anything we already had at the position.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by plat1numX
    Lets hope the knee holds up
    gah amen

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Sorry but the word rapes is going too far.

KG/Perkins have proven to be a physical duo that intimidates a lot of other post presences.

It won't be easy for Chris Bosh who has a lot of bad shooting games for a big man and O'Neal who's been out for almost a year.

Besides, Bynum is already better than JO while Pau is still a star.

No it's not, especially for KG/Perkins. Perkins is a decent enough centre, but nothing special, so don't kid yourself. KG is KG, but getting older, and well behind Bosh offensively. If JO approached anywhere near his old self, they absolutely destroy those two players combines.

And Check Bosh's shooting percentage btw, because you're dead wrong. Bosh is very efficient...if he has a poor shooting night, he's at the line 15 times.

And I said the JO health factor many times, as has everyone else posting here.

Lakers is at least more debatable because we don't know how Bynum bounces back (or JO obviously). But still...KG/Perkins as a comparison for the best case scenario is awful.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Trax416
    1. It's a team built to make it past the first round of the playoffs.
    Wow, what a pathetic goal. That's like settling for the chick with a retainer in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    No it's not, especially for KG/Perkins. Perkins is a decent enough centre, but nothing special, so don't kid yourself. KG is KG, but getting older, and well behind Bosh offensively. If JO approached anywhere near his old self, they absolutely destroy those two players combines.

And Check Bosh's shooting percentage btw, because you're dead wrong. Bosh is very efficient...if he has a poor shooting night, he's at the line 15 times.

And I said the JO health factor many times, as has everyone else posting here.

Lakers is at least more debatable because we don't know how Bynum bounces back (or JO obviously). But still...KG/Perkins as a comparison for the best case scenario is awful.
    Agreed