Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: O'Neal-Ford deal looks legit...

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Wow, what a pathetic goal. That's like settling for the chick with a retainer in high school.

We can't all bone supermodels like you do.

Local High School Star

Wow, what a pathetic goal. That's like settling for the chick with a retainer in high school.
    Not when your young team has never been to that level. You instantly don't make a championship team (ie. Celtics being the exception) It takes time and maneuvering and this is just the first of a few moves including maybe a pick in tommorow's either low first early second and more trades as well as a player with the MLE...So lets just wait and see how it pans out before everyone gets out of control...lol

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bonez26
    Alright then name one decent PF-C we could have got for Ford...or any player that has even neared being a star for that matter. None cause there was no deal out there like that...don't you think BC would have taken it, if it was available. We got the best possible return for TJ. Anyway you put it this was the best deal on the table and plugs a huge need for us and for the Pacers. Even if he get 10ppg 7rpg ad 2 blks a night...his presence alone will take a huge weight of Bosh's shoulders and is in no way worse than anything we already had at the position.
    You can't improve your team if you're spending 22 mil for 10 points and 7 boards.

I think a Elton Brand deal would have been very doable. Give up a draft pick and Ford... Clippers desperately need a PG now. I could see it happening.

Worst case scenario you take a Wilcox/Sene combo. Not better talent-wise than O'Neal but at least those guys aren't getting paid like him.

Default Re: Pacers trade O'Neal to Raptors for Ford, Nesterovic, 17th pick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...altrade-080625

Nice Hollinger article about the trade if anyone isn't trolling espn now.

Serious playground baller

Toronto isn't Boston, and getting good players to play here, especially with a young team isn't exactly easy.

If we make it to the Eastern Finals next year I will be the happiest man on the planet.

I don't expect the Raptors to win a title any time soon, but I hope we get another banner or two.

2010 will be make it or break it for the BC era Raptors. JO's contract will be done, and we will either be at top team in the East or horrible. If we are a top team in the East, we can dump his contract and possibly pick up a young big time all-star. We can then move forward and challenge for a championship.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bonez26
    Not when your young team has never been to that level. You instantly don't make a championship team (ie. Celtics being the exception) It takes time and maneuvering and this is just the first of a few moves including maybe a pick in tommorow's either low first early second and more trades as well as a player with the MLE...So lets just wait and see how it pans out before everyone gets out of control...lol
    Well, that was my point. This deal ties the team down, you can't make more moves when you're putting so much money into 1 guy who gives you so little. They've effectively settled for this being their team, and as I said, this isn't a championship team.

I don't expect the Raptors to win a title any time soon, but I hope we get another banner or two.
    another?

Default Re: Pacers trade O'neal to Raptors for Ford, Nesterovic, 17th pick

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    It's July 1st...that's when the BYC is done. Check it online.

My mistake...I forgot about the signing moratorium. TJs BYC is done on the first, but signing can only be on the 9th....I trust Hollinger more than Doug Smith.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    another?
    Atlantic Division champions.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Everybody says Toronto wins, Indiana wins this trade, see other thread.
    man has O'Neal's stock dropped that bad?
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    man has O'Neal's stock dropped that bad?
    Wow.

I think everyone says it works well for both teams either way, and if JO is healthy, it works very very well for Toronto. Even if he's crippled, they still clear cap space for 2010, and ditch a player who wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...altrade-080625

Nice Hollinger article about the trade if anyone isn't trolling espn now.
    "And Andrea Bargnani is free to go back where he belongs: the bench. " That made me chuckle.

Edit: "Only Bargnani loses." haha he is laying it on him
    Last edited by plat1numX; 06-25-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Even better:
    The players come out of it in better shape, too. O'Neal and Ford get new leases on life after being sprung from difficult situations. Bosh finally gets a frontcourt partner to do the dirty work for him. Calderon gets starter's minutes and some added salary leverage. Even throw-ins Nesterovic and Baston are likely to get more burn in Indy than they would have in Toronto. Only Bargnani loses.

Ouch.

Hollinger is always down on Bargs...he makes Q look like a superfan;)

No one should be ready to write him off. We've seen flashes of being a great player, and this is the year that makes or breaks his career. I think a no pressure off the bench situation should work well for him, and help him hit the ground running.

The raptors got sort of ripped off