Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: O'Neal-Ford deal looks legit...

Everybody says Toronto wins, Indiana wins this trade, see other thread.

NBA Superstar

They need a FA pg with the possibility of Delfino playing spot minutes at pg. A smart GM can find a good pg for cheap that plays the system well ie. Pargo.

It seems less likely that Ukic is coming over last time I heard so if this trade does go down, a pg is the next thing to look for.

Again, if this does go down, I hope they can swing a guard or two for a pick in the 20's. Draft someone like Hardin, Hendrix, etc.

They have Kapono, Parker, Delfino, Moon, Graham (worth nothing). Trade Moon for a pick in the 20's.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Now onto a Bargnani for RJ deal once New Jersey drafts Gallinari as their new SF.

Says the guy who undervalues Bargnani more than anyone.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    Says the guy who undervalues Bargnani more than anyone.
    Hey, I'm going by those faint "NJ interested in Bargnani" rumours that appeared a while back. God knows why they (or anyone) would give up anything of value for him but there was smoke. Now I want a full blown fire.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Hey, I'm going by those faint "NJ interested in Bargnani" rumours that appeared a while back. God knows why they (or anyone) would give up anything of value for him but there was smoke. Now I want a full blown fire.
    *Blows over the red embers*

Imagine a Calderon/Parker/Jefferson/Bosh/O'neill lineup? We'd become the second best team in the East.

Lets hope the knee holds up

Imagine a Calderon/Parker/Jefferson/Bosh/O'neill lineup? We'd become the second best team in the East.
    That would be arguably the best team in the east, or at least in contention to be so, if JO can walk. But it won't happen.

I've mellowed on this deal a lot from my intitial reaction. I think it's worth the risk, and JO is going to be playing for his next contract, and to try and get back his rep. He also shut it down early this season, which should hopefully give him a chance to catch up health wise. If he can even approach what he has been in the past, the raps could easily have the best front court in the east. It's risky, but the potential rewards are huge.

Yeah he makes a ****load of money, but that doesn't matter either way this season, because we send the same amount back. The season after we're on the hook for 14 more million than we would be otherwise, but the season after that, when TJ would be making 8.5 million, JO would come off the Cap, and the Raps would only have Bosh, Jose, Bargs and Kapono under contract for the big FA summer of 2010.

I just really wish we could weasel out of giving up the 17th pick, maybe offer next seasons #1 instead. This is exactly the type of draft that is great for later drafting teams, in that there are a lot of risky picks that could end up being home runs.

I do wonder who the role player is...Kapono makes a lot, but after seeing him in the playoffs, and with Parker in the last year of the deal and Delfino possibly leaving, I think I'd rather keep him. It's too bad we couldn't hold onto both expirers, but I don't think that would be possible.

Edit, quickly checking the trade machine, I think Baston could be included (1 year left after this one, a shade under 2 mil) instead. That would at least let us keep both Joey and AP, which would be 6+ million in expirers, and could potentially land us a piece.

Here's hoping we can steal a draft pick from somewhere.
    Last edited by bjtrdff; 06-25-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Saw a basketball once

the pg the Raps will sign is Chris Duhon, they've had interest before and he would fit right in over there

An O'Neal / Bosh front court would be scary in the East.

Banned

Great deal for both sides,now Indiana has the pieces to move up for Kevin Love to replace JO at PF.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The other person included in the trade will probably be either Graham or Baston. Both useless players but on small expiring contracts.

It would be nice to dump off Kapono but no chance that happens.

And the best team in two or so years...

I hope this doesn't go through.

Superstar

Great trade for toronto. JO brings the toughness/defense which they badly needed and will make it much easier for Bosh. As long as he stays healthy that is...

NBA rookie of the year

This will help Bargnani a lot too if the Raptors are still intent on keeping and developing him.

The pressure of being Bosh's frontcourt compliment is off him now, maybe he can develop into kind of a Mehmet Okur type of player.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

This is a slight gamble for Toronto, because yes TJ was injured and just taking away minutes from Calderon, but O'Neal is even more injured. I would like to see it happen though, with Bosh along side of O'Neal, he should have less pressure and less risk of injury. I would be happy if this trade happened for Toronto.

For the Pacers, I guess they finally get rid of O'Neal.