Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Default Re: O'Neal-Ford deal looks legit...

yeah I saw this rumor on CP24(local Toronto news channel) like a week ago. meh not really that hyped on it JO better get and STAY heatly. what happened to the Maggette talks?

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    yeah I saw this rumor on CP24(local Toronto news channel) like a week ago. meh not really that hyped on it JO better get and STAY heatly. what happened to the Maggette talks?

There were never really any maggette talks as such, at least not at the diaw/o'neal level, just a lot of continuous rumours through the season.

The thing is Corey has the opt out, and would want a sizeable extension. I don't really want to be paying him 10 million a year at 33/34 years old.

Good High School Starter

Man, a front court of JO/Bustnani at the same time would be the worst big man shooting duo in the league.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

What the heck are they gonna do with Andrea Bargnani now? He wears Jermain's number too...

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmackOrH.A.K
    What the heck are they gonna do with Andrea Bargnani now? He wears Jermain's number too...
    Maybe they will make him a SF since he is softer than Gasoft. He shoots 3's and strokes the ball decently.

They keep Bargnani, he's the first man off the bench, gets plenty of minutes, and can regain his form against the other teams' second unit for awhile. He'll also see time at SF, and might end up starting there depending on how it works. No biggie.

He's only been here 2 years, and he's going to be slaved all summer. He'll bounce back and improve.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Maybe they will make him a SF since he is softer than Gasoft. He shoots 3's and strokes the ball decently.
    Bargnani would get destroyed at SF. Can you imagine him trying to guard guys like Lebron, Carmelo, Pierce, Maggette, Prince, Jefferson, Deng etc. etc. He's not near quick enough to guard the 3 spot. He would be on the bench with 2 fouls a couple minutes into each 1st quarter.

Send him to the D-League.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Bargnani would get destroyed at SF. Can you imagine him trying to guard guys like Lebron, Carmelo, Pierce, Maggette, Prince, Jefferson, Deng etc. etc. He's not near quick enough to guard the 3 spot. He would be on the bench with 2 fouls a couple minutes into each 1st quarter.

He'll still see time there depending on the matchup. Sam has shown he's not afraid to do it, for better or worse.

The raps haven't given up on him, this is just a deal they like.

Whats not to like about this deal? JO gives Toronto what they lack. Hefty price but go for it I say. Glad Sixers didnt. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Whats not to like about this deal? JO gives Toronto what they lack. Hefty price but go for it I say. Glad Sixers didnt. lol

It makes a lot more sense for the Raps than the sixers (i.e. it doesn't at all for the 76ers). It's only 2 more years, they don't have to give up a ton for him, and although they end up with a high payroll in 09/10, they have a ****load of capspace afterwards. The upside of the trade is also massive.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

does anybody else think that although this deal makes toronto more mobile on the frontline, it also makes them softer? oneal can hit the glass but he takes a LOT of midrange jumpers, too many for a F/T center. the knock on yao was that he never fully utilized his size, which he's started to do over the past few years. i can't remember the last time oneal's backed someone down and punished them in the paint

they'll get away with this in the regular season but it's bad news all over again if they meet orlando in the postseason

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    An O'Neal / Bosh front court would be scary in the East.
    oneal is a shell of his old self, he wont play more then 45 games

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

Yeah O'Neil takes a lot of jumpers but they are mostly from the most ala turnarounds and such. We know Toronto didn't get Dwight Howard or anything. Excited about this deal, kind of bummed that we lost the pick but the team's at a point where a gamble is needed. Hope the physicals go well.

Good luck to Indy with Ford. When healthy, he is a good starting PG in this league despite his late season troubles last year. However, it might look bad at first if he has nobody to pass to because he'll revert to shoot first mode.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by big tuna
    does anybody else think that although this deal makes toronto more mobile on the frontline, it also makes them softer? oneal can hit the glass but he takes a LOT of midrange jumpers, too many for a F/T center. the knock on yao was that he never fully utilized his size, which he's started to do over the past few years. i can't remember the last time oneal's backed someone down and punished them in the paint

they'll get away with this in the regular season but it's bad news all over again if they meet orlando in the postseason
    No this makes Toronto tougher in the middle offensively and defensively.

O'Neal may not be the prototypical center but when healthy he can help Bosh a lot with the rebounding and shot blocking.