Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Marcus Camby Traded To Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper15
    A lot still depends on durability with the Clips. Camby and Baron are still two of the most often injured players in the league.
    And maybe Clip fans could answer this for me...but why did Kaman only play 56 games last year? And also Tim Thomas only playing 63 games.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    and it's still better than seeing Andrew Bynum in the injured lists, and by the way the next time Clippers meet the Lakers i don't think a healthy Bynum will ever scored more than 10 points againts this team.
    With Gasol on Camby and Bynum on Kaman I think this might happen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_gH72uDLkg

But on topic, Great trade for the clips. Solid defensive big who can hit the mid range shot, defend, block shots, and throw and catch the alley oops very well. With the amount of athleticism and height on this team I expect a lot of alley oops. With Denver seemingly out of the playoffs and Phoenix and Mavericks on the decline it frees up the 6-8 spots for the taking. If baron, and Camby stay healthy and Thorton continues to improve they will take a 6-8 spot, but lose in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj

But on topic, Great trade for the clips. Solid defensive big who can hit the mid range shot, defend, block shots, and throw and catch the alley oops very well. With the amount of athleticism and height on this team I expect a lot of alley oops. With Denver seemingly out of the playoffs and Phoenix and Mavericks on the decline it frees up the 6-8 spots for the taking. If baron, and Camby stay healthy and Thorton continues to improve they will take a 6-8 spot, but lose in the first round.
    wow...bynum ****ted on kaman

Decent playground baller

Is that the game on DEC 16?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2007121613

Looks to me like Chris Kaman did ok.
    18 points and 16 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    Is that the game on DEC 16?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2007121613

Looks to me like Chris Kaman did ok.
    6 of 19 shooting, 3 turnovers, 0 blocks

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Who plays PF for the Clips and who is C? Camby seems to have more mobility then Kaman so does that mean he is going to cover the leagues PFs?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    And maybe Clip fans could answer this for me...but why did Kaman only play 56 games last year? And also Tim Thomas only playing 63 games.
    He had some minor injuries the coaching staff thought it was not worth it him to play through because it would have only led to a handful more wins or something. Thomas had back problems iirc.

Oh yes, Kaman was being doubled the majority of the time as well, not to mention being shadowed.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He had some minor injuries the coaching staff thought it was not worth it him to play through because it would have only led to a handful more wins or something. Thomas had back problems iirc.

Oh yes, Kaman was being doubled the majority of the time as well, not to mention being shadowed.
    That doesn't change this season

That doesn't change this season
    It will. He still might get doubled here and there, but not as much as last year. Pretty much everyone in the starting line-up is either superior or equal to last seasons consistent starters. Davis has a better jumper then Knight, so less people can back off him to help downlow, Camby has a solid mid-range J and is a solid passer for a 6'11 guy, Gordon is a "knock-down" chucker, like Thomas and Mobley. Kaman will have way more space to work with in the post this season and will get his field goal % to above 50% again easily, probably around 52/53.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    It will. He still might get doubled here and there, but not as much as last year. Pretty much everyone in the starting line-up is either superior or equal to last seasons consistent starters. Davis has a better jumper then Knight, so less people can back off him to help downlow, Camby has a solid mid-range J and is a solid passer for a 6'11 guy, Gordon is a "knock-down" chucker, like Thomas and Mobley. Kaman will have way more space to work with in the post this season and will get his field goal % to above 50% again easily, probably around 52/53.
    It's possible. But expect to see a lot of Camby's defenders coming over to double. He can hit the midrange J, but it"s far from a sure thing. What did he average last year? Like 9 points in 30 something mins I think I saw? He'll be the least likely to score out there. How's Kaman's passing skills?

It's possible. But expect to see a lot of Camby's defenders coming over to double. He can hit the midrange J, but it"s far from a sure thing. What did he average last year? Like 9 points in 30 something mins I think I saw? He'll be the least likely to score out there. How's Kaman's passing skills?
    Last year, Camby was on a team that was based off of it's guards and Melo to score, this year, he's on a team with a coach that has a grind-it-out mentality and is one of the best, if not the best, at exploiting mismatches in the half-court set constantly, so I expect Camby to get about 11 a game on solid %. Kaman himself is no slouch as a passer because he seems to have good court vision, but I don't know if he can pass it out the double team that well.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaalsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decent playground baller

6 of 19 shooting, 3 turnovers, 0 blocks

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    Was that that game? If so, and Chris having a 'bad' game and still putting up 18 and 16.

Da Mavs

GREAT trade for the Clippers...