Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Dark Knight spoiler thread(only for those who have seen the movie)

This movie is great, and going into it I did not care much for Heath, but after his performance, I have to say, that was the greatest performance in a villian role I have ever seen. I love Bale, and he did a spectacular job, as well as the other actors (except ugly ass maggie),but heath stole the show, and single handedly amazed me for 2.5 hours. The best part of the movie is when he makes the pencil disapear into the guys head.

At one point it almost felt like sheer connection with Heath, at the end when he was hanging and talking to batman, he said something about death, i cant remember verbatem, but if anyone remembers hears or can post it please do...

Default Re: The Dark Knight spoiler thread(only for those who have seen the movie)

Quote Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
    This movie is great, and going into it I did not care much for Heath, but after his performance, I have to say, that was the greatest performance in a villian role I have ever seen. I love Bale, and he did a spectacular job, as well as the other actors (except ugly ass maggie),but heath stole the show, and single handedly amazed me for 2.5 hours. The best part of the movie is when he makes the pencil disapear into the guys head.

At one point it almost felt like sheer connection with Heath, at the end when he was hanging and talking to batman, he said something about death, i cant remember verbatem, but if anyone remembers hears or can post it please do...
    Yeah, that was totally unexpected. That's what made it so cool.

Heath perfected that role and transformed himself literally into a better version of 'The Joker'.

Very good NBA starter

Going in an hour to see it. Don't worry, I didn't read anything in this thread, but I did see the first 6 minutes that leaked and it was amazing.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

I loved the Joker.

So many parts that he was awesome in. I loved when he barges into the ballroom with his gun shooting in the air...

TONIGHTS ENTERTAIMENT!

First off, I just have to say, Heath Ledger got into this character more than any other actor I've ever seen before it. To say he sold it, is just well, it doesn't even touch a hundreth of what adjectives I need to describe his brilliant role as the Joker. When I thought back on a few of the scenes, i.e. after he blew up the hospital... or especially at the beginning of the movie when he says, "I'm not crazy," then his right eyes twitches... or throughout the movie with what he's doing with his tongue, licking his lips, etc. His entire performance, verbally, physically AND mentally were all far beyond any acting performance I've ever seen.

As for the movie, it started off great. The ONLY complaint that I have, it's the same as everyone else's, near the end, it just seemed too rushed, like they tried to do too much. Or that they knew the movie was exceeding 2 hours, and felt that they had to trim everything down. It doesn't help that Heath Ledger, the star of the movie, dies at the end of production, and they completely have to rewrite the ending, that's kind of a bummer. Two-Face, again, was rushed, I can't believe how short they cut that characters life to be. Also, a child killer? Why would they not show us the transformation of "Gotham's true hero"? Doesn't make sense to me.

But all in all, this movie met my unrealistically high expectations, to the fullest. I want to see it again, wish we had an IMAX here. Christian Bale = Awesome. Heath Ledger = GOAT.

Movie gets a 9.9/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
    I paid $10.25 for a freaking ticket

$10.25???

Wow, mine was only $6.25

Quote Originally Posted by DinoRadja40

The quote I think you're looking for goes something like, "Insanity is like gravity... all you need is a push."

Put yr guns up

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez

$10.25???

Wow, mine was only $6.25
    Yep, I don't see how anyone can complain about the tix prices when you can easily go in the afternoon for $6.50.

I went at midnight for that price....

Put yr guns up

Oh, nice. I didn't bother to check the prices for Thursday, I wouldn't have been able to stay awake.

Yeah, I was tired as sh*t, but I managed. Tickets here are usually pretty cheap, unless you go over to the one on campus.

Very good NBA starter

Well you have another member of the Heath Ledger bandwagon. His single performance of the Joker can not be described, it ranks up there with the best of them, blowing Jack Nicholson out the water.

What was up with Batman's voice though? Probebly to hide his identity but still, that voice was so cliche and just plain awkward.

I read that Heath Ledger stayed in a hotel in the middle of no where, changed his voice, his thinking, and body positions constantly to become more and more like the Joker. He read books, studied old movies, etc and that in the end lead to his insomnia-Which lead to him taking those drugs that he "accidently" over dosed on.

His dedication to his role was greatly rewarded with his perfect acting of the Joker, but his reward was bittersweet for it caused the death of one of the most dedicated and worthy actors of all time.

I can't stop talking about this movie and I'm just fiending the internet trying to find extra information I missed.

I hate to be in the mainstream, but the movie is incredible. What makes it so incredible is it doesn't feel like a superhero movie. It's just an amazing drama, maybe one of the greatest pure dramas of all time.

Heath Ledger's Joker will go down as one of the greatest movie characters of all time. Every scene he's in is mesmerizing.

This is a definite must see in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I hate to be in the mainstream, but the movie is incredible. What makes it so incredible is it doesn't feel like a superhero movie. It's just an amazing drama, maybe one of the greatest pure dramas of all time.

Heath Ledger's Joker will go down as one of the greatest movie characters of all time. Every scene he's in is mesmerizing.

This is a definite must see in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Well you have another member of the Heath Ledger bandwagon. His single performance of the Joker can not be described, it ranks up there with the best of them, blowing Jack Nicholson out the water.

What was up with Batman's voice though? Probebly to hide his identity but still, that voice was so cliche and just plain awkward.

I read that Heath Ledger stayed in a hotel in the middle of no where, changed his voice, his thinking, and body positions constantly to become more and more like the Joker. He read books, studied old movies, etc and that in the end lead to his insomnia-Which lead to him taking those drugs that he "accidently" over dosed on.

His dedication to his role was greatly rewarded with his perfect acting of the Joker, but his reward was bittersweet for it caused the death of one of the most dedicated and worthy actors of all time.

I can't stop talking about this movie and I'm just fiending the internet trying to find extra information I missed.

uh duh.

Very good NBA starter

bagelred said it good. Hate to be in the mainstream, but you can't help but fall in the bandwagon. The movie was simply amazing.

And I think it was Kebab Stall taht said this, Johnny Depp could have played a fine role of the Joker as well, but probebly not better then Ledger.

Someone else also said this that I agree with, I didn't really know/care for Ledger before this movie, and before I saw the movie, I was freaking out because I couldn't understand where all the hype was coming from. This opened my eyes and immediatly places Ledger as one of the greater actors this world has seen.

Can someone just explain to me:

Why did Batman save Harvey Dent? He loved the girl, didn't he? Why save him? Is it because it's what Gotham City needs? Because usually in this situation, they go after the girl.

I'll think of more questions later

Heath Ledger RIP