Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who is the most famous person in the WORLD?

Hitler

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    Right , same was as another zillion things can't be proven not to exist. The story of Jesus is nothing more than a story until proven otherwise. The evidence is pretty sketchy at best.

I thought I'd heard that Muhammed Ali is the most well known figure in the world... Darth Vader is the most well known villian.
    a zillion other things like what...?

I can't prove that Godzilla doesn't exist but I am sure we can use common sense to agree that he doesn't...

I bet if there was a court case and the lawyer was worth a damn they could provide enough sufficient evedence that shows that Jesus Christ was in fact an actual human being that lived on this planet.....enough so to make a jury vote in favor of it rather than him being make believe anyway.

in other words, the fact that there is some evidence that he was real is much greater than the evidence that shows he never existed. (which is probably NONE)

i would tend to think someone who's been in power on the world stage longer than GWB would take it.

Castro and Hussein come to mind, altho Saddam is (supposedly) now dead. If I had to bet, I'd think Castro's name would be more recognizable across the world than Bush's.

Or maybe Castro is not nearly as well known in country's that never had conflict with Cuba than I am giving him credit for.

Dunno.

Doomsday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    a zillion other things like what...?

I can't prove that Godzilla doesn't exist but I am sure we can use common sense to agree that he doesn't...

I bet if there was a court case and the lawyer was worth a damn they could provide enough sufficient evedence that shows that Jesus Christ was in fact an actual human being that lived on this planet.....enough so to make a jury vote in favor of it rather than him being make believe anyway.

in other words, the fact that there is some evidence that he was real is much greater than the evidence that shows he never existed. (which is probably NONE)
    A zillion other things, as in anything you can imagine or conjure up. You have to prove something is there, it does not work the other way around. You may say the toothfairy took your teeth and left you money, I say prove it, you tell me I'm the one that has to prove that she didn't, but that's not how it works... Nope YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT, it's not up to me to disprove it. Show me some solid factual evidence.

Lawyer's have been wrong millions of times, the courtroom is not the best way to prove something historical. Just because a guy can bull**** with the best of them and occasionally pull one over on the judge and/or jurors with sketchy evidence and facts that random jurors are not informed or smart enough to see through, does not make it true or factual. A group of unbiased intellectuals who examined the facts would be a much more reliable source.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    i would tend to think someone who's been in power on the world stage longer than GWB would take it.

Castro and Hussein come to mind, altho Saddam is (supposedly) now dead. If I had to bet, I'd think Castro's name would be more recognizable across the world than Bush's.

Or maybe Castro is not nearly as well known in country's that never had conflict with Cuba than I am giving him credit for.

Dunno.
    Castro isn't a big deal across the Atlantic anymore, only Latin America and the USA are guaranteed. Heussein was probably up there you're right but just because of the Gulf War and his confrontations with the USA, not because he was in power a long time. Most people know the American president, and most people seem to know Mr. Napoleon Jr. Sarkozy by now. I hate to bring this topic up again but MJ is probably up there. Almost everyone knows of him, yes more so than some soccer player because I'm sure there are many places in Asia where they don't really care about premiere league, yet have still heard of MJ.

Oh and an easy one I forgot: Nelson Mandela.

edit, just saw the OP didn't mean currently living so I have no clue. I guess Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, and Confucius are up there
    Last edited by yobore; 07-21-2008 at 09:19 PM.

shhhhhhh

is there actual doubt jesus lived or is the doubt more in the question is he the son of god?

BlogOFfatman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Its Tiger Woods people

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
    Its Tiger Woods people
    no way most people of the world don't care about golf that is mostly a UK/USA thing

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    is there actual doubt jesus lived or is the doubt more in the question is he the son of god?
    Both, but obviously the more intense doubt lies in him being the son of god. I suppose in sheer magnitude of likelihood of reality they're equal, but there are pretty obvious consequences with the latter potentially being dis/proven.

I mean we're talking about a guy who's (maybe) been dead for thousands of years. It's just stories handed down through generations. I'm atheist, I don't believe in whatever deity, but c'mon guys let's be realistic. Is there proof that Julius Caesar existed, any of the Egyptian royalty? I mean real conclusive proof. That's a real question, is there?

National High School Star

Amognst the living:

I win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Is there proof that Julius Caesar existed, any of the Egyptian royalty? I mean real conclusive proof. That's a real question, is there?
    There's 1,000's of times more proof those people existed than Jesus. Mummies, statues, historical texts, written at the time that are far removed from any fantasy type of wording... Caesar wasn't flying through the sky or had x-ray vision or things like that.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Amognst the living:

I win.
    I really doubt more people know the Pope than George W. Bush. I doubt Catholics represent 30% of the world's population, all of whom certainly know Bush. Even in America I bet only 75% know the Pope's name or anything about him.
    Last edited by yobore; 07-21-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Learning to shoot layups Good_lord's Avatar

Arrow Re: Who is the most famous person in the WORLD?

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    I really doubt more people know the Pope than George W. Bush. I mean they might know a Pope exists but they don't know anything about him like his name.
    But they sure do know Bush. About (thats what they think) all the Irak war, etc.