Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 1984 USA Olympic Team vs NBA All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    MJ the ultimate competitor embarrassing NBA legends while in college. This guy was not for exhibition games or even the Olympics. The real MJ came out when the game turned into a bloodsport. The more competitive, the better MJ was. Even Isiah speaking on MJ years after he retired said "He kept coming" even when outmatched and beaten up by the Pistons year after year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GEDL7dCxWvs

This is the real reason he's my favorite. I'm a competitor and I respect competitors win or lose. It's not about being the scoring champ or 6 for 6. That's just icing on the cake.

The guy that posted the video had to speak or youtube would take down his videos. I don't mind the commentary because he allowed the video to speak for itself before he spoke.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ongf-rJtnU
    So why wasn't he able to get North Carolina back to the NCAA title game after Worthy graduated? He still had Big Smooth by his side, yet didn't even make the Final 4 in 83 or 84. In 1983 they were the no. 2 seed and 1984 the were the no.1 seed. Both years they lost as the favorites.

3-time NBA All-Star

Who knows. Not sure you can put that on mj though. He was never really given the green light to be the mj that was in the nba. It was a running joke at the time that the only person that could contain or stop mj in college was dean Smith.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    So why wasn't he able to get North Carolina back to the NCAA title game after Worthy graduated? He still had Big Smooth by his side, yet didn't even make the Final 4 in 83 or 84. In 1983 they were the no. 2 seed and 1984 the were the no.1 seed. Both years they lost as the favorites.
    I don't know. I wasn't watching back then. College is one-game elimination, right? Any team can lose one game. What are you expecting...flawless perfection? Even the most dominant NBA team lost a playoff game or three. What you're really asking is, "Why wasn't MJ God?" because that is the only standard you will accept from him.

I don't know. I wasn't watching back then. College is one-game elimination, right? Any team can lose one game. What are you expecting...flawless perfection? Even the most dominant NBA team lost a playoff game or three. What you're really asking is, "Why wasn't MJ God?" because that is the only standard you will accept from him.
    Which just proves how highly he thinks of him if we are being honest ... then goes on to hype up Mr 3 for 9 and borderline 1 for 9.

When you make him sound as if he was God, then you're going to get questions on why he failed.

When you make him sound as if he was God, then you're going to get questions on why he failed.
    That's mostly your insecurities. But I'll make things clear. MJ was not God...but he was way better than LeBron James. That's my position.

He could "embarrass NBA legends" from the collegiate level, yet couldn't get to the Final 4.

Insecure fans are the ones who make such embarrassing, outlandish claims like you did earlier.

He could "embarrass NBA legends" from the collegiate level, yet couldn't get to the Final 4.

Insecure fans are the ones who make such embarrassing, outlandish claims like you did earlier.
    That's. What. He. Did.

Has nothing to do with the Final Four. The video was about the 84 Olympic Team vs the select NBA All Stars. Only insecure fans try to make it into something it wasn't even talking about.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 03-26-2020 at 01:13 PM.

It. Was. An. Exhibition.

It. Was. An. Exhibition.
    True. But it played like a playoff game when the rules did not allow anyone to foul out and the NBA team's strategy was to lay everyone on the floor. Then it got personal. This wasn't the typical All Star game atmosphere.

It. Was. An. Exhibition.
    Pride. Competitiveness. Kicks. In.

At least with real competitors.

That’s why Kobe even at an advanced age was stuffing LeBron shit in an All-Star game.

It’s why Fade-away Jordan was schooling Kobe in an All-Star game.

It’s why Kobe torched LeBron in a team USA nationally televised scrimmage.

You don’t need to literally be playing in an actual NBA regular season or playoff game for players to be playing intensely. Look at this year’s past all star game. It was garbage until the fourth quarter and that’s when the big boys actually started to play and you could differentiate the elite from the rest. Kemba Walker turned to dog shit. Just has he had in the FIBA when the pressure was on.

If you don’t think those established NBA All-Stars like Magic Johnson and Larry bird weren’t super competitive, even in an exhibition game, while getting dick smacked by a guy not even in the league yet. You’re off your rocker
    Last edited by SamuraiSWISH; 03-26-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH View Post
    Pride. Competitiveness. Kicks. In.

At least with real competitors.

That’s why Kobe even at an advanced age was stuffing LeBron shit in an All-Star game.

It’s why Fade-away Jordan with schooling Kobe in an All-Star game.

It’s why Kobe torched LeBron in a team USA nationally televised scrimmage.

You don’t need to literally be playing in an actual MBA regular season or playoff game for players to be playing intensely. Look at this year’s past all star game. It was garbage until the fourth quarter and that’s when the big boys actually started to play and you could differentiate the elite from the rest. Kemba Walker turned to dog shit. Just has he had in the FIBA when the pressure was on.

If you don’t think those established NBA All-Stars like Magic Johnson and Larry bird weren’t super competitive, even in an exhibition game, while getting dick smacked by a guy not even in the league yet. You’re off your rocker
    We know why this dude was insecure watching that video. Let him ramble. I'm going for lunch.

We know why this dude was insecure watching that video. Let him ramble. I'm going for lunch.
    Because it also proves the asinine LeBron was able to go into the NBA out of high school. I’m sure Jordyn could’ve as well, and been dominating in the league in what would’ve been tantamount to like his second or third season. More insecurity from the Three 6 Mafia kids. Generation Z. Face it, you’re pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Hubie Brown said that Michael Jordan is going to become the Greatest Player of all time, and a few years later his prediction came true.
    Yep