Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default USA players play with arrogance

I LOVE IT...

The USA players play as if nothing can stop them just the way they look the way the fake their opponents its great to watch.

They also look so professional

They are way to more superior to China its kidna funny

Default Thoughts on Team USA after seeing them beat China on Aug.10

Now that USA-China is over, post your analysis on the current state of Team USA, both in regard to how they did in that game as well as what you liked about what you saw, what you didn't, what they need to improve upon, what can't be fixed at this point, etc.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Thoughts on Team USA after seeing them vs. China

Chris Kaman is the best American center.

Default Re: Thoughts on Team USA after seeing them beat China on Aug.10

The game would've been much closer if the FIBA refs called the numerous traveling calls on James and Wade. I guess even in international ball they're giving an extra step to the Americans. Pathetic.

Intelligent fan

USA didn't play the best game but it was enough to demolish China.

well its not over for those of us on the west coast, in fact it doesnt even start for another half an hour

but thanks for the spoiler

Local High School Star

Paul disrupts the offense, and forces the issue way too much. In short, he does not deserve to be on the team.

USA thought they could coast through this game early on, and paid for it by having a 20-16 first quarter. Lack of three point shooting (where the heck was Redd?) and excellent three point shooting from China gave USA a disappointing 12 point lead at the half. Yao was not giving the ball a lot, though he went 6/6 at the FT line in the end.

USA turned up the defence, started showboating again, and China just collapsed, and started stupid turnovers and stopped shooting jumpers, shooting runners and wild shots instead.

It's truly worrying that the current USA team is carrying the same attitude as the old teams, like 1992, but this isn't 1992, and there are even teams with all of their starters being in or was in the NBA. USA can turn it on when they want to, but I jsut wonder how they will react when they find themselves in a deficiet.

It was a good tough match, even though China was losing by 30 in the end. Howard got blocked (twice!) Team USa did their usual flurry of alley-oops and dunks. China was going tough on them though, so props to them.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Paul disrupts the offense, and forces the issue way too much. In short, he does not deserve to be on the team.
    He also gambles on literally every trip down the other side of the ball. I thought Wade/Bron gambled too much but jesus christ with Paul? It's alright to want to get it going in transistion(it's this teams strength) but good lord you have to play some showing of set defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    What are you talking about? Paul had 6 assists with no turnovers this game.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Default Re: Thoughts on Team USA after seeing them vs. China

What more needs to be said? I am sure people will look at the score and the flashy dunks and say Team USA is back.

I prefer to look at:

1) The fact that we continue to overplay and gamble on defense. I recall one instance where Wade lunged for a pass that was easily caught by a Chinese player, then Wade trying to jump back to steal it again, only to commit a foul. This is not intelligent basketball. It will only hurt us, especially when we play teams like Greece, Spain, Argentina who have excellent guard play.

2) Almost non-existant half court offense?

3) USA "bigs" repeatedly being worked under the post by Chinese players.

4) Howard exposing his true self? Dude has absolutely zero post game. Absolutely none. Struggled to post up, struggled to get shots off, stymied by the zone, etc.

5) Atrocious defense? I couldn't even count how many open looks Chinese players got. The only reason they missed them was because they are so damn poorly conditioned. Again, playing this kind of perimeter defense will allow better teams to kill us from 3.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Those long shots should be reserved for michael red/williams and paul, everybody else needs to pound the Ball inside. Like dwayne and the "Iron man" Lebron were doing..

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    What are you talking about? Paul had 6 assists with no turnovers this game.
    He had at least 3 though only 1 was recorded. he is forcing the action like crazy while the team is much better with ball movement.

And he may have looked very good defensively but that was because of the AWFUL chinese PG. He is the biggest liability on the floor and frankly he is a danger to our medal chances

Banned

The individual difference between both teams was way too big to call it a game....not really an indication for the rest of the tournament imo. I still need to see how they match up against the better teams. Aside from the first quarter China played pathetic. And Michael Redd needs more minutes, he's the only guy out there who can actually shoot the ball.

Too much streetball. This team runs ZERO plays and the only inside scores are in transition off steals. They don't defend the 3 either.

I would add Tayshaun to the starting lineup cos Kobe, Bron, Wade and Melo are all playing a bit selfish right now. There is no passing unless it's on the break.

Kidd/Deron
    Kobe
    Tayshaun
    Bron
    Dwight

CP3
    Wade
    Melo/Redd
    Boozer
    Bosh

D-Wade would continue to be first off the bench and Redd would still be the designated shooter