Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Charles Barkley`s Stats vs The 1993 Bulls in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    What was impressive was the 44/24 game 7 against Shawn Kemp (choked) to get the Oppurtunity to have Michael (in his real prime) sh!t on phoenix.
    Charles knows that was a great honor.
    And Phoenix made the series entertaining. Especially Dumas coked up dunks, Oliver Miller t!tties, and Majerle shooting comfortable 45ft set shot 4pt plays.
    Barkley played better than those stats show too.
    Specially game 2 in PHX.
    93' was a sick year, the best year for the Suns...that's for sure. I have no doubt in my mind that if MJ wasn't playing in that era, Barkley would have won several titles.

Banned

and Majerle shooting comfortable 45ft set shot 4pt plays.
    Majerle casually launched from 35+ feet out at least a half dozen times in that series. Dude was amazing.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I have no doubt in my mind that if MJ wasn't playing in that era, Barkley would have won several titles.
    That doesn't make sense...so MJ was the reason Barkley only got out the Western conference once?

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    wow then he must have really sucked when he was fat...
    [B] Go Check out his Stats (both Regular Season and Clutch Play-Offs) from 1984-85 to 1987-88

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    Jordan had 37 with a FLU

those stats are impressive. but there are tons of other who are better
    Flu game = most overrated game ever.

Wow he had the flu, he played basketball, and had to be helped off court .

Since when after being able to play 40 mins of basketball, do you all of a sudden need to be carried off the court.

are you making a sir charles topic every day because kobe and lebron fans do it too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Since when after being able to play 40 mins of basketball, do you all of a sudden need to be carried off the court.
    He actually had very bad food poisoning, which led to the flu like symptoms (cramps, fever, vomiting, severe dehydration). Have you ever had food poisoning, much less a bad case of it? Doubtful. Did you see the way Jordan looked? he was visibly shaken. Listen to him talk after the game. Listen to how he said after the fact that he probably wouldn't have played if he could have done it over. That should tell you all you need to know.

National High School Star

he was very, very sick that game. If you listen to George Khoeler he should have been in hospital, not basketball game.

But one underrated gutsy performance is the last game of the 1998 Finals when Scottie come out in 2nd half to play with crippled back injury. Even if he did not score much he is the presence to help them win and they probably would go 7 games if he didn't come back out to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    He actually had very bad food poisoning, which led to the flu like symptoms (cramps, fever, vomiting, severe dehydration). Have you ever had food poisoning, much less a bad case of it? Doubtful. Did you see the way Jordan looked? he was visibly shaken. Listen to him talk after the game. Listen to how he said after the fact that he probably wouldn't have played if he could have done it over. That should tell you all you need to know.
    You're right. He's god, how silly of me.

And the fact you were able to make a complete analysis of his illness is amazing. From knowing how bad the flu like symptoms were and so forth.

I've actually had food poisoning before, but once again, I'm sure it was no where near as bad as Jordans. Funnily enough I got this food poisioning while playing in a state title tournament.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Manute Bol is the greatest centre of all time
    The only player to have more blocks than total points, second career bpg, 14th total blks and averaged a league leading 5bpg in his rookie season, all while playing grossly underweight, he was 7'7" (231cm) and 220lb (100kg). Also, once hit 6 3-pointers in a game.

A career 2.6ppg scorer, add to that 4.2rbg and 0.3apg
    [COLOR="Blue"]His playoff stats are even more impressive, with 2.8ppg, 3.8rpb and 0.1apg [/COLOR]

Because of this, Manute Bol is the greatest centre of all time, /thread.

Greatest Centres of all time:
    1. Manute Bol
    2. Wilt Chamberlain
    3. Bill Russell
    4. Shaq
    Sir Charles, do you see how stupid it seems when you post with your heart, not your head? You GROSSLY overrate Barkley, he was great, but he had flaws. I could make serious posts like this, but don't.
    Last edited by Manute for Ever!; 08-13-2008 at 10:52 AM.

An Icon Forever

You're right. He's god, how silly of me.

And the fact you were able to make a complete analysis of his illness is amazing. From knowing how bad the flu like symptoms were and so forth.
    I've actually had food poisoning before, but once again, I'm sure it was no where near as bad as Jordans. Funnily enough I got this food poisioning while playing in a state title tournament.

In Jordan's book, Driven From Within, the details of his illness are described.

3-time NBA All-Star

@Highwhey...no.
    If MJ wasn't there...chuck would've won only 1 title.
    Drexler in 1992, Barkley in 1993, then Hakeem in 1994 as it were.
    That's really only if you go through the process of elimination method which is completely flawed. I highly doubt that the 93 loss to the Bulls didn't have a long-term effect on Barkley and the Suns. It was a crushing blow. They were on top of the league the whole year until the Finals came. They had the best record in the league, the MVP, and were favored to win it all. I'm a believer that winning leads to more winning. If the Suns had the confidence and swagger of a championship team, which they would've been if it wasn't for Jordan or possibly the Knicks, I doubt they give up 2-0 lead going back to Phoenix against the Rockets in 94, and/or give up a 3-1 lead with 2 games left in Phoenix against the Rockets in 95. I'm not saying the Rockets wouldn't have beaten them at least once, but all I'm saying is you can't just say Barkley would've only won one title at the most if it weren't for Jordan just cause he never made it past the 2nd round with the Suns after that year.

Game 1:

21 Points (36% FG), 11 Rebounds, 5 Assits, 1 Steal

Game 3:

24 Points (45% FG), 19 Rebounds, 4 Assits, 1 Steal, 1 Block

Game 5:

24 Points (50.0% FG), 6 Rebounds, 6 Assits

Game 6:

21 Points (38.9% FG), 17 Rebounds, 4 Assits, 1 Steal
    For a guy who won the MVP of that year, he owed to have played better in all these games. It seems he wasn't as consistant in these playoffs as he was in other cases. He had some great games, like game 2 vs Chicago, games 5 and 7 against Seattle, he had some below his standards, like all these mentioned above, and then he had some pretty bad ones, like Game 1 vs SAS or Games 1 and 6 vs Seattle.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    For a guy who won the MVP of that year, he owed to have played better in all these games. It seems he wasn't as consistant in these playoffs as he was in other cases. He had some great games, like game 2 vs Chicago, games 5 and 7 against Seattle, he had some below his standards, like all these mentioned above, and then he had some pretty bad ones, like Game 1 vs SAS or Games 1 and 6 vs Seattle.
    I guess you can say he should've shot better in game 1 and 6, and he should've gotten more rebounds in game 5, but how was game 3 bad? 24 points/19 rebounds on 45%?

I guess you can say he should've shot better in game 1 and 6, and he should've gotten more rebounds in game 5, but how was game 3 bad? 24 points/19 rebounds on 45%?
    It wasn't bad due to his rebounding, but it wasn't that good, either, mainly because of this 45%. Note also that he played 53 minutes in a game that ended 129-121, with 4 players outscoring him, shot worse than most of his teammates and the rest of his performance (passing, defending) was either equal or worse than his standards.