Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default No progress with Drew Gooden talks, yet

"At this point, the Cavs aren't close to signing Drew Gooden. He is looking for a deal in the range of $60 million for six years, like free-agent Nene received from the Denver Nuggets. The Cavs probably are thinking about a deal in the $6 million-per-year range for five or six years. It's believed that only Charlotte has the salary-cap space to offer that kind of contract, and so far, the Bobcats don't seem that interested in Gooden." Akron Beacon Journal | Discuss in Cavs Forum

"Gooden is a restricted free agent, meaning the Cavs can match any offer to keep him -- even if it takes them over the salary cap. The Cavs will not allow him to walk away. At worst, they will sign him and trade him. As of now, they say they prefer to keep him." Akron Beacon Journal
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Heard a runour on the main board about him to Chicago
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:39 AM   #3
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Get rid of Gooden if he wants 6 for 60 mil. There's no way he deserves that kinda money with his obvious inconsistency. Let's do a sign and trade with the bulls. I heard this rumor... Chris Duhon and Mark Sweetney for Drew Gooden. I definitely would like that, yessir.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #4
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Drew Gooden is definitely not worth 60 million over 6 years. Screw that. 5 million a year, sure. I don't know how Nene received that kind of money, because that's ridiculous. Nene has been in the league for 3 years, and he was hurt all of last year, and a good portion of the year before. Is Kiki Vanderweghe on crack?

Anyways, I would definitely sign and trade Drew for Duhon and Sweetney. Hell yes. Sweetney isn't as good as Drew, but he's a thick dude that can clog the paint, and Duhon is a very good, young PG. I've also heard of a potential rumored trade of Drew to Boston for Delonte West and Ryan Gomes or Theo Ratliff. I would also do that trade. Either way, Drew is going somewhere, because no way Ferry signs him as a Cavalier for that contract. Trade Drew to either of those teams for those players, and then sign another PF, maybe Reggie Evans? Then we should be set.

And with David Wesley supposively about to get signed, you can bet that either Snow Blow or Damon Jones is getting the boot.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

I like Drew, but when you gotta go you gotta go. If he wants that kind of money lets S&T for gods sakes he's not worth the money.
It will be a shame to lose a 10 and 7 nightly but its nice when you can get someone betta and there is someone better out there.
I love defence and i would like to see a defensive minded inside presence. Z is a good blocker (1.74 last season) and is hard to shoot over with his heigth,
if we can get a guy like Eddie Griffin who block the shot in the wild west (2.11 last season) and can shoot that would be great.
I also like the celtic trade with theo.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: