Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 06-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Team Needs Analysis

Cleveland Cavaliers:

Strengths: LeBron James. LeBron James, LeBron James. Need I say more? Any team with Bron on it is going to come play every night. This guy is relentless. Drew Gooden has been great for Cleveland, as has Anderson Varejao.

Weaknesses: The rest of the team. It seems the Cavs are intent of putting the worst possible team on the floor to support LeBron. The players that are here, Zydrunas Ilguskas, Larry Hughes and Damon Jones all have conflicting games to LeBron. They need a shooter in the mold of Joe Johnson, someone that can handle the ball, shoot, and defend. They need an athletic big to run the floor, someone like Tyson Chandler, or Samuel Dalembert. They can address some needs through the draft, they can acquire some shooters, and get a replacement for Eric Snow.

25th Pick: Rajon Rondo or Mardy Collins should appear here.
42nd Pick: Steve Novak- Marquette
55th Pick: Nik Caner-Medley- Maryland
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Agree on a lot of accounts CED.
Our biggest strength is as easy one. Anderson Varejao has played great for the team. But out biggest weakness is not our players but our offencive strategy. Basicly we don't have one. Its just watch LeBron till he does something. Big Z is a great fit for this team in the half court set but everyone thinks the Cavs should run. I would like to see the Cavs bring in a coach to help Mike Brown like Del Harris does for Avery Johnson. Damon fits LeBrons game perfect. He doesn't dominate the ball and is a set shooter.

I really think the Cavs have a perfect team to run the triangle. LeBron/Hughes/Big Z. I would like to see the Cavs resign Gooden and draft a point and let this team try agian with a healthy Hughes.

Big Z could be traded but with only 2 more yrs on his contract (we better not pick up his option) why would we give up on a player who has been healthy and causes serious problems for most teams. I wouldn't mind a Dalembert or Chandler but there contracts are longer and they provide no serious offencive game.

I really don't see major changes this off season. We were a 50 win team and 1 game. I mean 1 rebound away from the ECF. LeBron will improve. Gooden and Anderson are young and getting better. Hughes will find his place and with Farmar at the point we will be a better team.

If we do trade Big Z i hope its to the West.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 AM   #3
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Agree on a lot of accounts CED.
Our biggest strength is as easy one. Anderson Varejao has played great for the team. But out biggest weakness is not our players but our offencive strategy. Basicly we don't have one. Its just watch LeBron till he does something. Big Z is a great fit for this team in the half court set but everyone thinks the Cavs should run. I would like to see the Cavs bring in a coach to help Mike Brown like Del Harris does for Avery Johnson. Damon fits LeBrons game perfect. He doesn't dominate the ball and is a set shooter.

I really think the Cavs have a perfect team to run the triangle. LeBron/Hughes/Big Z. I would like to see the Cavs resign Gooden and draft a point and let this team try agian with a healthy Hughes.

Big Z could be traded but with only 2 more yrs on his contract (we better not pick up his option) why would we give up on a player who has been healthy and causes serious problems for most teams. I wouldn't mind a Dalembert or Chandler but there contracts are longer and they provide no serious offencive game.

I really don't see major changes this off season. We were a 50 win team and 1 game. I mean 1 rebound away from the ECF. LeBron will improve. Gooden and Anderson are young and getting better. Hughes will find his place and with Farmar at the point we will be a better team.

If we do trade Big Z i hope its to the West.

this man speaks the truth
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:03 AM   #4
AKADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker

this man speaks the truth

Simple and easy a 50 win season with a 21 yr old as your star. Lets see what a 22 yr old does. Hell i can't wait till he is 25 - 30.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Cavs could have quite easily traded Big Z to Chicago for Tyson Chandler and a pick (say 16 this year).

They also could have made a better deal than what the Hawks could for JJ.

CT: Chandler/ Varejao
PF: Gooden/ Marshall
SF: James/ Jackson?
SG: Johnson/ Murray
PG: Snow/ Jones

That wins much more games than:

CT: Ilgauskas (can't run)
PF: Gooden
SF: James
SG: Hughes (can't shoot, lazy defender)
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:41 PM   #6
AKADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
The Cavs could have quite easily traded Big Z to Chicago for Tyson Chandler and a pick (say 16 this year).

They also could have made a better deal than what the Hawks could for JJ.

CT: Chandler/ Varejao
PF: Gooden/ Marshall
SF: James/ Jackson?
SG: Johnson/ Murray

That wins much more games than:

CT: Ilgauskas (can't run)
PF: Gooden
SF: James
SG: Hughes (can't shoot, lazy defender)

But they didn't do those deals last summer and this is the team we have. Hughes will be fine this season. Yeah hes overpaid but what are you goin to do about it now. Big Z was a bad signing but once again its not like this team had a bad yr or anything.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

-We need a good PG. Snow sucks BADLY. His offensive is so horrible, it allows teams to play 10 feet off of him, which allows other teams to play better defensive on us, especially on Lebron. We could acquire a good PG via the draft such as Daniel Gibson. He would be nice. There are quite a few good ones in the draft. Signing Jason Terry would be awesome, but that could just be wishful thinking.

-We need another shooter. Too much inconsistency in that area of the team. Lebron has greatly improved in that area, but he still lacks the consistency in his jumpshot. Hughes isn't a good shooter. Never has been. Donyell Marshall is pretty inconsistent, but when he is on, he is on. D Jones is pretty consistent, despite the portion of the season where he struggled. The problem with him is that is really the only thing he can do. So when he stuggles, he is useless. Either way. Add another shooter.

-We also need another banger. Someone like Anderson who is all hustle and will be a force in the paint. That is something that Big Z is not. Z is just a big goof ball. He's slow, soft, weak, clumsy. I would take Z for Chandler. Chandler is young, he's a little skinny, but defensively he is very good, and with Lebron, he would be beastly.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:

I'd love it if the Cavs could just get rid of Mike Brown and get Del Harris as the Head coach instead. He could be LeBron's Phil Jackson.

Not that Mike Brown is doing bad, I just think Del would be the best guy for the job, kinda like Larry Brown when the Pistons kicked Carlisle to the curb.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
AndDru1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default He's already great

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Simple and easy a 50 win season with a 21 yr old as your star. Lets see what a 22 yr old does. Hell i can't wait till he is 25 - 30.

Don't get in such a hurry, "they grow up so fast..."

AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #10
spike
I Hit Open Layups

spike has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

[quote=marny_navis]I'd love it if the Cavs could just get rid of Mike Brown and get Del Harris as the Head coach instead. He could be LeBron's Phil Jackson.

Not that Mike Brown is doing bad, I just think Del would be the best guy for the job, kinda like Larry Brown when the Pistons kicked Carlisle to the curb.[Del Harris has failed almost every place he's been. I thought Mike Brown did a great job of making the right adjustments following those first two losses in Detroit. Let's give Mike a chance to grow.]
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: