Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Some inside news.

Boxing news, that is.

So I was down at Arden Fair Mall out here in sacramento and they were holding some kind of media press conference for saturday's fight, "Boxing world cup: Mexico vs. Philippines" between de leon and Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista. To promote it, they had Oscar De La Hoya, Johnny Gonzales, and most of the fighters who will be on that card. i got to shake DLH's hand, got some pictures and autographs, and i got to hear some pretty good news.

-A long awaited bout between Sugar shane mosley and Miguel Cotto is finally going to happen. Oscar was talking about exciting fights coming up and broke the news to us.

-De La Hoya plans to take the rest of the year off, and will have 2 more fights in 2008 before calling it quits.

-They're in talks to have more boxing televised on the free local channels instead of them always being on cable television. It's true, when people see that a fight won't be PPV, they automatically assume it wont be a good fight

-Golden Boy Promotions, owned by de la hoya, has signed Ricky Hatton.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Some inside news.

I heard about this while listening to KHTK. Great stuff.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: