Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far
Default Dee Brown heading overseas

On the ISH front page. Do the Jazz still own his rights, considering he was a restricted FA and he signed their tender? Similar to how Detroit still has Alex Aker's rights
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dee Brown heading overseas

After leaving to play for a whole different league, I'm fairly certain that Utah no longer holds Brown's rights. It just wouldn't make sense for the Jazz to still hold them while Brown was playing for someone else.

And by the way, you don't have to sign anything to become a restricted free agent. Your TEAM has to extend a qualifying offer (which is 100 and something percent of your last year's salary, or something like that) to make you a free agent. The player doesn't have to sign anything.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dee Brown heading overseas

Jazz did extend the qualifying offer. I think only because the fans love him so much..but they did sign Hart and Price in the off-season so Dee really has no point in staying.

It's unfortunate, cause he does belong in the NBA. He did put out a music CD lately, but nothing I'd brag about...I hope Dee makes his way back to the league, he's brings so much life and excitement to any team. I hope Rod Thorn signs him, he's the type of player the Nets are missing.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: