Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Go Ryan Hollins!

hopefully he sees some minutes on the Bobcats roster. Hes a very athletic bigman and usually this leads to alot of dunks for him. His only weakness is that hes very weak physically. He can be a Tyson Chandler type of player with a decent midrange jumpshot.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #2
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

hollins is a straight out baller hes athletic and is workin on his mid range game. just needs to hit the weight room and then u have yourself an allstar for years to come.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

That would be great but maybe is wishfulll thinking.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

Sayin a 50th overall pick is going to be an all-star is a bit of a reach, but agree he could be a quality player if he can add some bulk. Heard he's not been playing ball too long, but been improving at an awesome rate in that time so expect it to take him a whole season of weights and waiting to see much court time but then he should be a good player yeah. Any squad could do with a 7 oot guy with his athleticism!
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Ryan Hollins = possible All-Star?

Whatever, man.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Jazz fan here, but i'm also a HUGE ucla fan. I really wished we had drafted him in the 2nd round when he was still available. I think he's got some great upside and 7 footers with his mobility are rare. I actually think he could be a Jamaal Magloire type and he was an all-star, if only for lack of great centers in the east that year. Hollins really turned it on in March and was a huge reason UCLA went as far as they did this year.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:35 AM   #7
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

i remember hollins as a freshman at ucla he would always try layups instead of taking it stong and dunk it. over the years hes learnd how to time blocks and be aggresive when going up for 2. he has a decent jumpshot and a ok hook across the paint. but boy is he fast. he was on the ucla track team for a few years so he could run up and down the court all day. since the east is weak when it comes to big men he has the potential to be an allstar.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
throwitdwnbigman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

throwitdwnbigman has an OK reputation so far

Screw Ryan Hollins!!!

GO Curtis Withers!
throwitdwnbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

The Eastern Conference is weak so that = the #50 pick in a weak draft could be an All-Star?

STFU. Seriously. That is ridiculous.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

You can't dismiss the fact that someone will never become an All Star before they even hit the court for their rookie year. I think it is doubtful Hollins will ever be an All Star, but it isn't rediculous to think that will be a possibility. He is improving every year and he is 7 feet so you never know.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #11
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
You can't dismiss the fact that someone will never become an All Star before they even hit the court for their rookie year. I think it is doubtful Hollins will ever be an All Star, but it isn't rediculous to think that will be a possibility. He is improving every year and he is 7 feet so you never know.
I wouldn't dismiss it, but I sure as hell wouldn't suggest it.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #12
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I don't think he will be an all star, but what about career averages of 10, 7, and 2? He'd be a quality backup on any team.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: