Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 12:16 AM   #16
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rockets @ Sonics

BTW, I'm pretty sick of watching Snyder shoot every time he gets the ball.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #17
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Durant sucks again, he's so inconsistent.

What Are you talking about the guy is good. Stop hating.

BTW the combination of AB0 anf LucasIII at the same time have to be the one of the quickest and the smallest backcourt ever. Well than only happen when you are winning by 30+ in a preseason game.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:45 AM   #18
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Delonte West with a great game, he should start over Ridnour for the season.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #19
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Snyder and Brooks

That's what I suspected.

Now I have to ask "why?".
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #20
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
That's what I suspected.

Now I have to ask "why?".

I don't see how Brooks is going to crack the rotation. Rafer is playing very well, and Mike James is probably going to be the back up. Steve Francis is going to back up T-mac. I really don't see any room for Aaron Brooks.

Snyder on the other hand is just forcing up shots and hardly ever passes. He is probably going to be one of the five cuts that will be made. He has potential, but with the current depth the Rockets have, I just don't see where he fits.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #21
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Offense was clicking tonight, I like checking the box score and seeing Tmac with 30 pts in 24 minutes. Think Scola proves he should start tonight?
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #22
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Offense was clicking tonight, I like checking the box score and seeing Tmac with 30 pts in 24 minutes. Think Scola proves he should start tonight?

Scola played great. I love his hustle and his offensive game. He has good footwork and can finish around the rim.

I think he should start, I just hope we don't see anymore line ups with Hayes and Deke in the front. Not a good combination.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:15 AM   #23
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I don't see how Brooks is going to crack the rotation. Rafer is playing very well, and Mike James is probably going to be the back up. Steve Francis is going to back up T-mac. I really don't see any room for Aaron Brooks.

Snyder on the other hand is just forcing up shots and hardly ever passes. He is probably going to be one of the five cuts that will be made. He has potential, but with the current depth the Rockets have, I just don't see where he fits.

Brooks is the future, I think he knows that and I don't think he expects to crack the rotation this year either. I don't think he had a bad game or anything, but while he has MAJOR upside, he just has alot to learn and he's buried by veteran talent.

I also agree on Snyder, he's gone. He has been pissing me off the entire preseason. He's a great athlete, but I don't think the bball IQ is there. In this offense even players like Steve, Mike James, and Bonzi Wells have been driving, drawing attention, and setting up open teamates. Everybody on the entire team has been passing the ball, but when Kirk Snyder comes in, he's all about "getting his". I like Mike Harris, he seems like a better all around player, a smarter player, and a player with alot more upside.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:59 AM   #24
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:

Snyder is horrid, that's not an issue.

It's the Brooks/Francis debate that I'm interested in. At this point in their careers, on this team and in this system, I'm not sure Francis has more to offer than Brooks does. Francis has disappointed me thus far.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:49 AM   #25
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Snyder is horrid, that's not an issue.

It's the Brooks/Francis debate that I'm interested in. At this point in their careers, on this team and in this system, I'm not sure Francis has more to offer than Brooks does. Francis has disappointed me thus far.

I been able to watch two games, and from what I've observed, Francis does not look to fit the system. He doesn't seem natural out there; I honestly believe that he is thinking about every move he makes, and the mentality of whether he should pass or shoot affects his game. He has always had the opportunity to dominate the ball, but this year is very different.

I would like to give him some more time to get use to the system. I'm not sure I would give up on him just yet. Aaron Brooks looks decent, but he is going to get abused by bigger guards. His speed is nice, but he still has a lot of work to do to become a legit NBA guard. As of now, we have Rafer and Mike running the point, so I think it would be better if we give Francis the minutes behind T-mac and Bonzi.

It's going to be difficult to implement Steve into the rotation. I hope it works out though because I'm a huge Steve Francis fan.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:19 AM   #26
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I been able to watch two games, and from what I've observed, Francis does not look to fit the system. He doesn't seem natural out there; I honestly believe that he is thinking about every move he makes, and the mentality of whether he should pass or shoot affects his game. He has always had the opportunity to dominate the ball, but this year is very different.

I would like to give him some more time to get use to the system. I'm not sure I would give up on him just yet. Aaron Brooks looks decent, but he is going to get abused by bigger guards. His speed is nice, but he still has a lot of work to do to become a legit NBA guard. As of now, we have Rafer and Mike running the point, so I think it would be better if we give Francis the minutes behind T-mac and Bonzi.

It's going to be difficult to implement Steve into the rotation. I hope it works out though because I'm a huge Steve Francis fan.

Yeah, but those minutes behind Tmac/bonzi are luther head's minutes. I honestly don't think Francis fits either. He just doesn't look like a 'system' guy out there. Head's looked good in the offense. Francis hasn't. I think Francis is the guy who makes the 12 man rotation but is the 'odd guy out.' I think Brooks goes to the Dleague with Landry and Novak.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #27
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
Delonte West with a great game, he should start over Ridnour for the season.

he did have a good game statistically. i didnt see him play

i think he can push luke. the competition between the two will be good for the team

wally s
one point!!

in another thread, i offered a trade for a hot dog and beer for him--- there were no takers thusfar
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #28
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Yeah, but those minutes behind Tmac/bonzi are luther head's minutes. I honestly don't think Francis fits either. He just doesn't look like a 'system' guy out there. Head's looked good in the offense. Francis hasn't. I think Francis is the guy who makes the 12 man rotation but is the 'odd guy out.' I think Brooks goes to the Dleague with Landry and Novak.
That sounds like a good idea, the D-league will be good for them. Yeah I think we should give Francis some more time to see if he can fit in. But as of right now he is the third string point guard.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #29
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
That sounds like a good idea, the D-league will be good for them. Yeah I think we should give Francis some more time to see if he can fit in. But as of right now he is the third string point guard.

*sigh*, It's really sad watching Steve Francis fall from the rotation. Here is a recent article from chron.com that was just written last night:

Quote:
But Rockets coach Rick Adelman thinks about it a lot. And he doesn't have to wonder how to divide many players into few minutes. He can't.

"It's just impossible," Adelman said before using the Rockets' 117-94 rout of the SuperSonics on Saturday to look at his choices. "At those three perimeter spots, it's hard to play three guys (off the bench) and get them the minutes. If you play Tracy (McGrady) extended minutes and Shane (Battier), then where do the minutes come from? We may play small, some. But you can't get four guys minutes back there, so someone is not going to play.

"That's something I'm going to have to make a decision on and talk to them. Right now, it's not written in stone, but at the start of the season, that's how it's going to be."

"Steve is one of the guys we're talking about," Adelman said of the competition for playing time. "As far as where he is as far as fitting into the offense, he has probably struggled more than some of the other guys in that area."
Old 10-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #30
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

ya delonte west dominated
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: