Home of the 16

Exclamation BREAKING: Lakers trade Lou Williams to HOU

The Rockets are sending Corey Brewer and a first-round pick to the Lakers for Lou Williams

Twitter threads

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: Lakers trade Lou Williams to HOU

So is it a good move? They get Corey Brewer and a 1st round pick (equivalent to like #25 pick).

Not sure what i think about this...

Home of the 16

I liked Lou Will, always gave it his all on the court. But pretty much what every pro-youth development fans say, he needed to go. Trade's going to sting for a bit, trade is so pro-Rockets in a sense. If the Lakers were receiving an expirer, I think that would've made me feel a little bit better about the deal. lol but it's whatever.

The salary for Brewer is $6M per year and Lou Williams was $7M per year. Both a good deal, but Williams would have cost the Lakers double to keep him.

1st Round Picks are golden in this league. I have thought about it and I like it for the Lakers...

And congrats to Lou Williams - at least he gets to play in the playoffs and extend his season.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    The salary for Brewer is $6M per year and Lou Williams was $7M per year. Both a good deal, but Williams would have cost the Lakers double to keep him.

1st Round Picks are golden in this league. I have thought about it and I like it for the Lakers...

And congrats to Lou Williams - at least he gets to play in the playoffs and extend his season.

I feel the same way. Win/Win/Win/Lose

Lakers get a guaranteed 1st round pick, and maybe help themselves to keep that #3.

Rockets get a good young player that can help them now.

Lou gets a chance with a playoff team.

As for Corey Brewer?

Sorry Buddy.

I was actually wrong on Brewer's salary.. it is slightly higher than Williams. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike

Magic was quoted(talked with bresnahan with TWC) saying Lou has a lot of value, considering his talent and a great locker room presence, AND I agree but 25-27th pick is not that much for a player who has 22 PER, 18 pts/25 minutes, can manufacture points by going tot he FT line etc.
    I really thought the Bobcats and Indiana would offer more considering that Lou at 7 Mil bargain is still on the hook next year, meaning another trade bait next season.

Home of the 16

Brandon Ingram said Lou Williams getting traded was a "real heartbreaker," said @TeamLou23 was "my vet," taught him to put "hoop first."
    Luke was hesitant to say anyone on this team is untouchable, although high on this young core, you never know who could come on the market

Serena Winters

[COLOR="White"]xxx[/COLOR]

Luke has little say on who goes where... He's not experienced in team building... there's a lot of work to be done now that the old guard is out of the mix.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

the tank rolls on

NBA lottery pick

2nd trade of the week with Houston too. Huertas for Ennis. The Lou Williams trade isn't bad. A first round pick is about what they were going to get. It wasn't going to be a lottery pick obviously. Not to mention it helps the Lakers with their record too. If they lose two more games since they don't have Williams it's a good thing for the team. Youth movement ='s tank and that's exactly what the Lakers need to do. Get the young guys some experience and cross your fingers they can keep their pick. Two first rounders this year would be a step in the right direction. That will give them a lot of young assets. More to trade with in the future and hope that one can still be a star. Then with the cap space they have if they can land someone big time they can change things around.