Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-22-2007, 02:22 AM   #61
monthh
Local High School Star

Default Re: 2008 Mock Draft

I find it hard to compare players because no one is a perfect match, but I see a little Leandro Barbosa in Gordon. I think the comparison on NBAdraft.net with Mitch Richmond would be pretty good as well, but I don't know if Gordon will be that good. It is hard to say someone will be one of the best scorers of his generation after 3 college games.

You also have to ask, could he be the next DaJuan Wagner, Harold Minor, Shawn Respert?
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #62
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Beasley is a great athlete and he can get pretty good average in NBA. If he play SF he can be around 20pts, 7-8rebs, 4asissts and 2+blocks. If he play PF he can average 'bout 18pts, 10rebs,3+asissts and around 3 blocks. He can be good stealer too. If the team make him play D, he'll be imbalanced player.

Batum will, I supose be second pick 'cause he's very talented, athletic, great wingspan. I hope he will go well in his career because he looks like nice guy.

I think that Nikola Pekovic from Serbia will be the biggest steal on Draft. He's 6'11'' C/PF, very strong and athletic, good FT shooter for a big guy. He's 21 and already 2nd scorer of Euroleague and 6th rebounder and he got best utility index (useful) in Euroleague which is best European club competition.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #63
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I find it hard to compare players because no one is a perfect match, but I see a little Leandro Barbosa in Gordon. I think the comparison on NBAdraft.net with Mitch Richmond would be pretty good as well, but I don't know if Gordon will be that good. It is hard to say someone will be one of the best scorers of his generation after 3 college games.

You also have to ask, could he be the next DaJuan Wagner, Harold Minor, Shawn Respert?

I loved Mitch Richmond's game.

Here is some recent stuff on Gordon:
''He's better than what I saw on tape, and he's as good as I ever saw on tape,'' Wilmington coach Benny Moss said. ''I don't know of any weaknesses. He can guard the ball. He can anticipate off the ball. He can really shoot it. He can really attack the rim in transition and finish. And he's a really good free-throw shooter. He's as good as I've played against.''

Gordon walks the court with a shoulders-back, light-toed gait that looks like a falcon considering either prey or pose. He has a dandy long-range jump shot -- he made 12 of his first 19 three-point attempts -- that sets up multigeared explosions to the basket.

In takeoff, flight and finish, he displays the kind of acceleration, power and hang time that hints at another No. 23 -- whom he has met."

IMO Gordon does not get anywhere close to as much love as he should on this board. I think he will be a better pro than Rose or Mayo.

He has MUCH more lift than people give him credit for, and is bigger than a Ben Gordon type. I've met BG and he is a lucky 6'1 even.

I've seen him and Rose live, and I am a BIG DRose fan.

But Gordon is the truth.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #64
monthh
Local High School Star

I look at him kind of like Wade. Wade was put down a lot leading up to the draft and people were so split on him. I think the same will happen with Gordon. There is nothing anyone can do about it. The only thing that would change that is if he grew 2 inches. The same things were also said about the guys I mentioned before. There were people who swore that Wagner was the next AI. I will reserve judgement because I tend to see a bust when I think of 6-4 SG.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #65
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

i hope the sixers go somewhere in the vicinity of where you guys project us as. im not even gonna try and out jedi mock draft or predict the future of projects. just i know one thing this team has let me down except in the case of picking up iggy ( but the raps had babcock runnin the whole we gotta have hoffa like we need water .....hell off topic but trading him for humphries did not work out at all for the jazz lol). most wanted for me as a sixer fan thought rose so cheers original poster person for adding extra karma to that pick for me. beasly would be nice but that would be perfect scary like that black hole sun video back in the 90s. soundgarden i think i dunno i like hip hop.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: