Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-30-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far
Default seems like magloire is off to Portland

The long-awaited trade of Jamaal Magloire is all but official. The Bucks have verbally agreed to deal the veteran center to the Portland Trail Blazers for guard Steve Blake, forward Brian Skinner and center Ha Seung-Jin. The teams have been talking for the last several weeks, with the only holdup being the Blazers' reluctance to depart with Blake, who had been the team's starting point guard last season." Racine Journal Times
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I feel this is a good trade for both teams. Milwaukee gets a project in Ha Seung-Jin, but with the right training and patience, he could flourish into a solid backup to Andrew Bogut, and possibly even a starter in this league, but he will have to work his tail off and listen to his coaches if he can even understand him to be successfull in this league.
Brian Skinner has established himself as one of the premiere workhorses in this league. He brings rebounding and experience to the table for Milwaukee. He seems to do well no matter where he goes, and he can even start a few games if needed. He will make his teammates want to work as hard as him, and maybe it will rub off on Charlie Villanueva. I think 3.5ppg, 4.5rpg, and 1.5bpg isn't too much to expect from him.
As for Steve Blake, the main acquisition for Milwaukee, he will be given a huge share of the workload at PG, since T.J. Ford was shipped to Toronto about a month ago. He will split time with Mo Williams, and I think eventually win the job, as he did in Portland last year. He has a nice shooting stroke, which is essential when you have the sweet passing Andrew Bogut down low to get you the ball on the perimeter. I feel comfortable to say that he will average somewhere around 8ppg, 4.5apg, and 1-2spg.

On the other end of the spectrum, Portland acquires C Jamaal Magloire, a 1 Time All-Star out of Kentucky who spent most of his career in Charlotte/New Orleans/Oklahoma City before being shipped off to Milwaukee last season in a deal involving Milwaukee's 2006 first round pick and Desmond Mason. He is a solid center who can do a little bit of everything for you, but doesn't like seeing limited action, and would prefer to start. Portland can do that for him, and I expect him and his contract to feel right at home. 13.5ppg, 8.5rpg, and 2bpg is what I believe he will average.

The winner: Milwaukee. While they could've gotten more in return trading Magloire to a different team, they still get a PG that fits their system, a hard working defensive minded F/C, and a potential career backup to Andrew Bogut, while Portland gets only one player, Magloire, in return for their already salary cap hurt team.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 AM   #3
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Blake is a perfect fit for this team. I really want him or Bell to be the starter, while either trading Mo or bringing him off the bench for the sole purpose of scoring.

Skinner played very well when he was here in Milwaukee (that season was the reason he got paid in the first place).

I hope we hang onto Ha and put him in the D-League because...well, look at him. There'd never be a dull moment.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
JamBox5000
I Hit Open Layups

JamBox5000 has an OK reputation so far

What happened to the Troy Murphy trade?!!!!
JamBox5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
The Real GM
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

I don't know what either team is doing! Portland should have found a way to rid Darius Miles. Milwaukee maybe would have taken Miles. Larry Harris said the Bucks would like someone to play small forward who brings different abilities to the table then Bobby Simmons. (He wasn't implying to trade Simmons, but wanted another wing to have a set 3 wing rotation) I don't know why Portland gave up Blake who was the best PG on their team last year and could have still got major minutes backing up Jack. Milwaukee could have got a lot more Magloire. Milwaukee should have initiated talks elsewhere. I will propose a deal that works under the C.B.A. and would have been genius for Milwaukee and fair for Denver. Milwaukee could have gave up Magloire, Simmons, and Williams for Andre Miller, Ruben Patterson, and Julius Hodge (draft picks are optional). The Bucks would have finally got a distributive p.g. and a defensive stoper on the wing. They also would have added more versatility off the bench with the youngster, Hodge. This move would give Denver much better shooting. Simmons is a decent shooter, and Mo Williams has got more range most shooters in the league. Acquiring Magloire gives them flexablility to trade Martin and not have to receive a big in return. They can focus on adding another wing shooter. This also keeps them deep underneath having Magloire play along with Camby and Nene. This should have been the deal, but it's too late now. The Blazers and Bucks trade isn't terrible, but it makes no sense! What's your guys thoughts?
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
The Real GM

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

To add on to the what I said up there the lineups for each team would have looked like this.
Denver
SF Anthony, Kleiza
PF Nene, Najera
C Camby, Magloire
PG Williams, Boykins
SG Simmons, Smith

Milwaukee
SF Patterson, Hodge/Noel
PF Villinueva, Smith
C Bogut, Gadzuric
PG Miller, Greer
SG Redd, Belle
Also Milwaukee should fire Stotts and replace him with Rick Adleman. He would use Bogut like Webber in his smooth offensive set. He also knows how to coach defense like he did in Portland. He's good at adjusting to his talent and a proven winner who would put his foot down, unlike Stotts. But the Magloire deal has already happened and this is just a trade I have had in mind for a while, and just decided to share it. Do you guys think this would have been a good deal for both sides? (not that it matters now, but I'm curious)
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Deal's been done:
July 31, 2006 - The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired guard Steve Blake, forward Brian Skinner and center Ha Seung-Jin (sung-gin) from the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for center Jamaal Magloire, General Manager Larry Harris announced today.
“This trade allowed us to add depth to both our frontcourt and backcourt,” said Harris. “In Steve Blake, we added a talented point guard who had one of the best assist-to-turnover ratios in the league last season. Brian was a solid contributor to our team two years ago and, along with Ha Seung-Jin, will give us added size up front.

“Jamaal was one of only five NBA centers to play in all 82 games last season and was certainly a factor in our making the playoffs,” added Harris. “We thank him for his contributions and wish him well in Portland.”

Blake, 26, averaged a career-best 8.2 points in 68 games for Portland last season. He ranked third in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.69:1) and was 16th in three-point field goal percentage (.413). Entering his fourth NBA season out of the University of Maryland, the 6-3 guard sports career averages of 6.4 points, 3.1 assists and 1.8 rebounds. He started on Maryland’s 2002 NCAA Championship team as a junior and was first team All-ACC as a senior.

An eight-year NBA veteran, Skinner, 30, has averaged 5.2 points and 4.9 rebounds in 405 career games with six different teams. He averaged a career-best 10.5 points along with 7.3 rebounds and 1.09 blocks in helping the Bucks to the playoffs during the 2003-04 campaign. Last season, he split 65 games between Sacramento and Portland, averaging 2.9 points and 3.5 rebounds.

A 7-3, 305-lb, third-year center, Ha Seung-Jin appeared in 21 games for Portland last year, averaging 1.6 points and 1.8 rebounds. The first South Korean to ever play in the NBA, Ha, who will be 21 years old this Friday, was originally selected by the Trail Blazers in the second round of the 2004 NBA Draft (46th overall).

Magloire averaged 9.2 points and a team-high 9.5 rebounds for Milwaukee last season. He was the only Buck to start in all 82 games and finished the season 7th in the NBA in total rebounds (778) and 10th in rebounds per game. The 2004 All-Star spent five seasons with the Hornets prior to coming to Milwaukee before the start of last season, and has averaged 9.5 points and 7.8 rebounds in 425 career games.

Source: www.nba.com
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:11 AM   #8
36 Karat

36 Karat has an OK reputation so far

I might have to get a Seung-Jin jersey now, just as a joke.
36 Karat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: