Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #46
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: BORIS DIAW on the Block......

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I want him.

badly.

I'm not sure what we'd trade... but I want him on the Wizards. he'd work out well here. we need a smart glue guy.

you don't need a pansy who would be a 5/4 player at $9 million/yr.

Passing up layups and throwing it out to three point shooters isn't smart at all.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #47
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

about time... since his role has been reduced with the return of Amare and the signing of Grant Hill... he shouldn't be paid that much!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #48
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Too expensive for a Kings ball boy.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #49
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
you don't need a pansy who would be a 5/4 player at $9 million/yr.

Passing up layups and throwing it out to three point shooters isn't smart at all.
his passivity would frustrate me but he'd be invaluable on this team, with this coach. this is a coach that loves the point forward and has always wanted one. we've got plenty of guys on this team who can put up 18+FGA and score 20 points. that's all our roster is. Diaw would give us a distributor. he'd allow Arenas to be exclusively an offball scorer. he'd improve our team defensively. he'd balance our roster. yes he's over paid at $9m, but I don't mind it beause I'm not signing the checks. I don't even think we'll have cap room once Jamison expires. so it doesn't really matter.

Arenas
Diaw
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

that's a very versatile lineup, especially considering the bench. it actually wouldn't surprise me if the Wizards talk to the Suns about Diaw. keep in mind this is the team that started Jared Jeffries at SG for most of a season. we like players like this. and Diaw is much better than Jeffries.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 12-20-2007 at 09:30 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #50
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Blatche and Etan Thomas for Boris?.

I dont know what Etan earns though or how highly the Wiz rate Blatche.

Boris is a confidence player... Given the opportunity he can play like a 9$mil player again.

Last edited by Run&Gun=Fun : 12-20-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #51
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far

Isn't Konex usually a good poster?

He conjures up the ludicris suggestion that Diaw and Banks must be traded together, and other posters actually go along with that instead of telling konex to check himself??

Trading one bad contract is hard, yet konex thinks its possible to trade those two contracts together? He must be kidding.

One thing Phoenix shoud NOT do is offer first rounders to entice teams into taking Diaw (like they did for Kurt Thomas)
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #52
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
One thing Phoenix shoud NOT do is offer first rounders to entice teams into taking Diaw (like they did for Kurt Thomas)
where have you been? the Suns don't draft. and that's exactly how they might actually pull this off. why not trade like 3 first rounders to unload these 2 on some team with a big expirers? all they're going to do is sell the pick for 3 million anyway. (and then sign a player to a 40 million dollar contract who will never play. god I love the irony.)

by the way does anyone remember when we all thought the Suns would trade Marion because there was no room for him on the roster with Boris' emergence?

Quote:
Blatche and Etan Thomas for Boris?.
I dunno. the problem with Etans contract is it's got like 3+ years left on it. so the Suns don't really save that much money, and Etan might not ever play again. I'd consider it though. having Blatche and Diaw on the same team might be a logjam and I can't see Blatche finding many minutes and I'd LOVE to see him develop in Phoenix over the course of a few years.

actually I don't think we're allowed to trade Etan, so it's moot.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 12-20-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #53
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
where have you been? the Suns don't draft. and that's exactly how they might actually pull this off. why not trade like 3 first rounders to unload these 2 on some team with a big expirers? all they're going to do is sell the pick for 3 million anyway. (and then sign a player to a 40 million dollar contract who will never play. god I love the irony.)

by the way does anyone remember when we all thought the Suns would trade Marion because there was no room for him on the roster with Boris' emergence?

Take a moment to re-read what you wrote. They have made the mistake of trading picks the past 4 years, so it'll be a good idea if they keep doing it?

They need to conserve their picks. Nash isn't going to be young forever and they've already handicapped their future plenty. Stop the bleeding, don't feed it.
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #54
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Take a moment to re-read what you wrote. They have made the mistake of trading picks the past 4 years, so it'll be a good idea if they keep doing it?

They need to conserve their picks. Nash isn't going to be young forever and they've already handicapped their future plenty. Stop the bleeding, don't feed it.
yeah I agree with you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: