Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #31
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

what your failing to see is that swift backing up bosh and the 5 position is one hell of an improvment over auajo, bonner, sow, woods, et al.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #32
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
what your failing to see is that swift backing up bosh and the 5 position is one hell of an improvment over auajo, bonner, sow, woods, et al.

Stromile Swift only stand 6'9 so I'm not sure he would have the stature to play the NBA center position, so while he may be a talent upgrade, he would further increase our logjam at the power forward position. Not only that, but I also think he would significantly decrease the level of team intelligence, quite simply he is not a very bright basketball player.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #33
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Toronto needs a plain defensive center. Thry doin't need one that scores boatloads, more like 10-12 ppg to keep defenders thinking about him.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #34
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Toronto needs a plain defensive center. Thry doin't need one that scores boatloads, more like 10-12 ppg to keep defenders thinking about him.

LaMarcus Aldridge out of Texas may be that man, however I have my doubts that Colangelo feels the same way because he never mentions him as people that the Toronto Raptors are looking at. Now, that may be smokescreens meaning that the Toronto Raptors are definately going to take him at the #1 spot or it could mean just what it implies it means, that the Raptors don't feel his talent and ability justify the #1 pick.

Whatever we do with the draft, I'm not sure we can go another year without something respectable at the center position. Pape Sow cannot be relied upon to handle the duties of a starting NBA Center.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #35
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Lightbulb

I don't know why people keep on going on about this. Think of it this way. In his view, he should have the ball at the end of the game. But, if he shoots it at the end of the game, I bet that only 25% of those shots drain. He is not a good leader. He loses a lot more games for us than wins. The only shot he takes when it comes to the end of games is the "3-Pointer". Also, if we had him, who knows, he might lose us one of the most important games of the season or of our franchise's history so do you really want to risk it? Why not pick up a "true" veteran that knows what he is doin.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #36
pei_nc
Scrub at the Park

pei_nc has an OK reputation so far

As a basketball player, I just look at it like this... if im the toronto raptors, and my main option is a dominating power forward.. i dont even want a "scoring PG" on my team. Mike James is a SG, i can't even think of how many times i shook my head late in games when he forced horrible offensive possessions... he's just not the guy for the raps.. or many teams in the league. Even Atlanta has better options on the offensive end in joe johnson and there young guns... I dunno what to think of mike james, not many teams in the nba that are gonna let him put up that many shots..
pei_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #37
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I agree with virtually everybody posting here that the Raptors shoudl let him go. I always knew he was a good player, but I imagined him coming to Toronto and averaging about 12ppg, 3apg, and 3rbg. I'm not a fan of his because of the comments he makes about himself and how great he is. Yeah, he does deserve recognition for what he has accomplished, but his constant bragging along with disrespect he shows to his team mates and organiztion make it a no brainer to let him go.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #38
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Cool Mike Jones...I mean James....

I mean honestly, his ego over populates his game. He lets his ego get the best of him and demands the ball when the game is on the line. If you ask me, i would want this, Bosh in the post, Bosh get double team, pass it to the open man that is "driving to the net"....not the people that sit around waiting to get the ball at the arc. I would rather have Mike Jones play on my team.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #39
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

They need somebody who is willing to give Bosh a touch every time down the court. Bosh doesn't have to take a shot every posession, but when he touches the ball, defenses have to be aware and alert, and it opens up other people. And yeah, now you can have guys driving to the net and other people moving around and easily find an open shot if Bosh doesn't have a lane.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: