Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Lebron is the best passer in the league this year

Possibly the best playmaker as well (depending on how you view passer/playmaker terms).

Not only is he leading the league in assists, he also leads the league in points off his assists for points per assist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron is the best passer in the league this year

It's funny because everyone says Lebron is a "genius" ballplayer

But why wasn't he starting at PG for his whole career? Why did it take so long to realize that his teams are better with him at PG, rather than SF (sharing the PG duties with Kyrie, Mo, Chalmers, etc, aka 2-PG lineups)?

The stats clearly show that teammates have less hold-time and assists in Lebron's 2-PG lineups of the past, than they do in traditional 1-PG lineups.. Lower teammate assists resulted in less TEAM assists and a brand that gets massively out-assisted and crushed on the championship level.

How could he not know this? The stats are clear as day... The reality is that lebron is NOT a genius and has simply been given the ball to do what he wants since he was 12.. he infact hamstrung every coach he ever had by forcing them to play this suboptimal brand
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-25-2020 at 12:21 PM.

LeBron won with Tyronn Lue as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    If anyone was hamstrung it was LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    He had an equal-scoring and usage teammate who closed and averaged 28 ppg, while outplaying the Warriors' best player.

With Kyrie outplaying their best player, lebron only had to outplay.. Klay?... Lol... Must be nice to have such an amazing cast

Ultimately, lebron wins off TALENT (a great-producing sidekick and closer) and therefore doesn't need a good coach - he only runs lebron-ball, not systems that coaches typically employ..

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    He had an equal-scoring and usage teammate who closed and averaged 28 ppg, while outplaying the Warriors' best player.

With Kyrie outplaying their best player, lebron only had to outplay.. Klay?... Lol... Must be nice to have such an amazing cast

Ultimately, lebron wins off TALENT (a great-producing sidekick and closer) and therefore doesn't need a good coach - he only runs lebron-ball, not systems that coaches typically employ..
    LeBron won without another allstar on his team. That is crazy that he made Kyrie into a competent player for an entire series (never been duplicated)

Best assist man... but pest passer? He was that for a very long time in my book, after JKidd/Nash declined/retired i really couldnt see anybody else possessing the same passing skills/court vision.

Best passer for me is the guy who displays highest difficulty, creativity, quality, quantity and consistency array of passes... Passing ability is something you can only see, doesnt show on the stat sheet entirely (assists per game)

Player A: Made 10 simple assists, leads the league.
    Player B: Made 1 no look assist, 1 behind the back assist, 1 lazer beam crosscourt, 1 threading the needle.

Player B got less assists bit displayed better passing ability & court vision.

This is why i call Lebron, Larry Bird and Maravich one of the best passers in NBA history...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-25-2020 at 12:51 PM.

He's been the best player in the league this season, full stop.

I usually hit open layups

The full court lobs he throws every game to AD and the other Lakers, hot damn.
    You would think that opposing teams have scouts telling them to watch out for these outlet passes but he still does it multiple times per game with high success rate.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Better than Giannis? I don't see a single argument he has over him. Give Giannis AD and give Lebron Middleton....lol. I'm laughing just thinking about the hilarious amount of dominance they'll have together.

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    Better than Giannis? I don't see a single argument he has over him. Give Giannis AD and give Lebron Middleton....lol. I'm laughing just thinking about the hilarious amount of dominance they'll have together.
    Exactly

lebron wouldn't do anything with Middleton, whereas Giannis could win a ring with him

The reality is that guys like Giannis and MJ won with 2nd options that were inferior to Wade/AD, and no 3rd star like Bosh/Love.. So they need less to win, and are therefore superior.

They do more with less because they employ a superior brand of basketball that allows teammates to play to capacity alongside them... Giannis has a time of possession that is nearly 50% less than lebron's, while MJ played off-ball entirely
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-26-2020 at 01:47 AM.

It’s insane how elementary casuals that have never touched a basketball try to make the game seem. Horrible post.

"Giannis plays in the weak East where it's easy to feast off easy teams"

"put Giannis and Middleton out West and they wouldn't even...."

oh wait, we don't do that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Not in the RS, but there's a high chance he's the best player in the Playoffs as usual. Giannis was highly efficient last RS as well but fell off once a good team had the time to prepare for him in a series.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Exactly

lebron wouldn't do anything with Middleton, whereas Giannis could win a ring with him

The reality is that guys like Giannis and MJ won with 2nd options that were inferior to Wade/AD, and no 3rd star like Bosh/Love.. So they need less to win, and are therefore superior.

They do more with less because they employ a superior brand of basketball that allows teammates to play to capacity alongside them... Giannis has a time of possession that is nearly 50% less than lebron's, while MJ played off-ball entirely
    What did Giannis win?