Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #16
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
In my mind, this is the western conference playoffs.. Top 7 should be easy to predict. Dallas is going to lead because of their team hasn't changet too much, but they will lose in the second round. Phoenix is going to be once again fun to watch but amare is still the question. Rockets are great if healthy. And don't forget sacramento, after the artest trade they were just great last season. The 8 spot could be for denver but the warriors, lakers and memphis has a change to take it. GS has change if they somehow get rid of Dunleavy jr. and get better player for that spot. Kobe will not lead the league in scoring this season and gasol ain't the francise player to lead memphis on a better spot.

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. (4) San Antonio
4. (3) Sacramento
5. Clippers
6. (4) Rockets
7. Hornets
8. Warriors/Lakers/Memphis/Denver
Finally, another person who thinks. And by the way SixerB!tch. You are the reason people are banned. You came into another teams forum to bring nothing but negativity, and nonsense. I came to support a team that I beleive WILL make the playoffs. If I am wrong, then just let me be wrong. So stop ruining this thread with your crap, and go back to the Phili forum.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #17
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

crap? u said ur a lock...u don't see me sayin that about us, and we have a much better shot than either of ur teams. If u don't say stupid things then u won't be ridiculed for em...common sense
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #18
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
In my mind, this is the western conference playoffs.. Top 7 should be easy to predict. Dallas is going to lead because of their team hasn't changet too much, but they will lose in the second round. Phoenix is going to be once again fun to watch but amare is still the question. Rockets are great if healthy. And don't forget sacramento, after the artest trade they were just great last season. The 8 spot could be for denver but the warriors, lakers and memphis has a change to take it. GS has change if they somehow get rid of Dunleavy jr. and get better player for that spot. Kobe will not lead the league in scoring this season and gasol ain't the francise player to lead memphis on a better spot.

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. (4) San Antonio
4. (3) Sacramento
5. Clippers
6. (4) Rockets
7. Hornets
8. Warriors/Lakers/Memphis/Denver

this can't be the standings because a northwest team will be top 4 due to winning the division. Sacramento, if they make it at all, will be 7th or 8th
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #19
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor99
Maybe if we dump Montgomery and get a coach that can whip these kids in shape, we would have a fighting chance. As it stands right now, we have a dysfunctional team, with the point guard ignoring the coach's orders, a guard-dominated offense, and a smorgasbord of mediocre young players in the interior. Unless we improve our league-low FG%, we won't be sniffing the playoffs.

We either need to get rid of Davis or Dunleavy. They can't play with each other. On second thought get rid of Murphy too, there's nothing he can do that our other interior players can't, except shoot 20-foot jumpers, and his price tag is too high for such an asset.

The team's pretty much been a joke for the last decade. I see no reason that's gonna change.
\
Thats a good idea. I could easily see Rick Adelman or even Larry Brown coaching the Warriors. Larry Brown isnt a bad coach, everybody on the Knicks just combined together and tried to ruin his reputation.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #20
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
the Jazz totally suck!

Wow, you don't pay much attention to the Western Confrence do you? And I suppose the knicks are the best team in the league huh...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:49 AM   #21
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Larry Brown isnt a bad coach, everybody on the Knicks just combined together and tried to ruin his reputation.

Larry Brown ruined his own rep by essentially forcing two teams in two years to fire him so he could collect ridiculous amounts of money for doing pretty much nothing.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #22
Ben mc
I brick open layups

Ben mc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
You have 0 basketball knowledge. GS wasn't healthy all this year either you moron! Davis was out for most of the season, and when he did play he wasn't at 100%. Utah will never be healthy enough to make the playoffs. Lakers are out of playoff contention for a while, with all the other teams improving a lot. Seattle is terrible, Wilcox doesn't make THAT MUCH of an impact on the team. That puts the West like this

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Los Angelas (Clippers)
6. Rockets
7. Kings
8. WARRIORS

see moron

pffft.

you call them a lock then seed them 8th.

If you're gunnu say a team is a lock, make sure you believe they will win their division for starters mate.
Ben mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
Larry Brown ruined his own rep by essentially forcing two teams in two years to fire him so he could collect ridiculous amounts of money for doing pretty much nothing.
Ok well he didnt exactly get an offer from the Pistons. He wasnt forcing any team to do anything. Its not his fault Pistons sucked so much they couldnt beat the Spurs (when last season they got knocked out by the Mavs). Brown is a good coach but his not a coach that can win you 3 or 4 titles together. He starts off slow like he had to with the Knicks. Well Knicks were so bad so much and their GM's so stupid they put all these good players on one team and felt happy about it. Then they get the worst record in the NBA. Which players come and go depend on the GM. The coach is only responsible for making the team successful. But if the GM is this stupid than the coach cant coach.

Well what are you guys so proud of? Missing the playoffs for the last what 5 years? Or that your coach is so good you guys had the best record in the Pacific division. Mike Montogomery is the best coach isnt he? Fine, if not Larry Brown, what about Rick Adelman? He has had a good career. Coaching the Blazers to the finals, coaching Kings to conference finals. I could see him as a future Warriors coach.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #24
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Ok well he didnt exactly get an offer from the Pistons. He wasnt forcing any team to do anything. Its not his fault Pistons sucked so much they couldnt beat the Spurs (when last season they got knocked out by the Mavs). Brown is a good coach but his not a coach that can win you 3 or 4 titles together. He starts off slow like he had to with the Knicks. Well Knicks were so bad so much and their GM's so stupid they put all these good players on one team and felt happy about it. Then they get the worst record in the NBA. Which players come and go depend on the GM. The coach is only responsible for making the team successful. But if the GM is this stupid than the coach cant coach.

Well what are you guys so proud of? Missing the playoffs for the last what 5 years? Or that your coach is so good you guys had the best record in the Pacific division. Mike Montogomery is the best coach isnt he? Fine, if not Larry Brown, what about Rick Adelman? He has had a good career. Coaching the Blazers to the finals, coaching Kings to conference finals. I could see him as a future Warriors coach.

First off: I'm not that much a Golden State fan anyway...
Second: They won't make the Playoffs this year.
And Last: Larry Brown's rep was not ruined by the Knicks players. It was ruined by his (and his agents) negotiating tactics.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #25
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Negotiatiating about what?? There was nothing to negotiate about. How can a coach coach a team which just cant play together. That makes a HUGE difference. Coaching isnt the only thing which will make the team better. The team should have a good GM.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:23 AM   #26
cyco127
Local High School Star

You said that the knicks players ruined LB's rep. How so?(if it was anybody in NY it was Isiah)
Forcing teams to fire you so they'll have to pay you god-awful amounts of money, when you don't wanna be there anyway??? That's downright shady.
And how long has it been since he's really shown any commitment to one team?
IMO, Larry Brown has gone from asset to liability over the course of the last two years. If I were a GM, I'd certainly be leery of signing Brown to a multi-year contract.

Last edited by cyco127 : 08-12-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #27
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
You said that the knicks players ruined LB's rep. How so?(if it was anybody in NY it was Isiah)
Forcing teams to fire you so they'll have to pay you god-awful amounts of money, when you don't wanna be there anyway??? That's downright shady.
And how lond has it been since he's really shown any commitment to one team?
IMO, Larry Brown has gone from asset to liability over the course of the last two years. If I were a GM, I'd certainly be leery of signing Brown to a multi-year contract.
Yeah i know, Larry Browns reputation ruining period started from Isiah and when the players heard their Gm was blaming the coach they were all blaming him. He did want to be there and he wasnt doing it just for the money. He was proud that he was gonna coach the Knicks. It hasnt been long because all the teams that hes been on start hating him if he doesnt accomplish the goal they want to.

If I were a GM id be excited to sign after winning with the pistons.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #28
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
the Lakers playoff series proved that. Kobe will carry the Lakers to 12th place in the West.

You F**king B***ch of Isiah why do you think that the Lakers would not make to the Playoffs. Last year they won 45 games. and they added a good shooter so I can think they can win 50 games easily.... and utah has still a lot of chances....because of there front court....warriors can make it but the Knicks wont make it......I can bet on that....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: