Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Default Bynums Late set-return date, PROS & CONS, and playoff prefrences..

Ok so i know may are saying, this sucks at first we thought he would get a good 15 games with the team be4 playoffs, then it became 7 games and recently 2 games of practice before the playoffs

Now his return is the playoffs, and i like to see the silver [or gold] lining if you will..

Bynum not returning before the playoffs is a big skare to whoever we face in that first round, remember, although we dont know what product we have pottentialy, but neither does the other team there gameplan will not be suffice when facing the Lakeshow
they wont know how fill will use him when he will use him and wat the offense and defensive effect will be

so phil knows how to deal with talent and make it all hum just right

so far my teams that i would prefer seeing in the 1st round [in order]:

Golden State:
they can score, but we seemed to own them the past years, [hopefuly we dont lose our home and home against them b/c i said this..] and with LO gasol bynum bigs who can run, we will dictate tempo and win in 5

Dallas:
yes they are a contender but we matchup very well with them, they are not able to gaurd superstar guards [see kobes 62 in 3 qrt and wades finals performace] and both our wins against them we were with out bynum/ariza and 1 with out gasol ..just not a clutch team win in 5-6

NO: just by virtue that phil would be able to create a game/series plan and with just pau we would be able to take them add in bynum no prob..

Houston: that 22 games was not a fluke they rank 2nd in most Defensive catagories, but still when healthy we will be to much offensivly and enough defensivly [even more so with bynum and gasol]

PXH: i would love to see them meet, but im afraid they wont get out of the 1st round pending matchups.. theyr 1 strength they sold, we no longer have to worry about them going crazy with scoring, oneal is playing well not but bynums length is enough to take him out of the equation while adding more, amare will have a good series, but we can now score better then the suns and we play better D, kobe/lakers finaly get revenge in 6

Utah: a spurs like team they got confidence from last years wcf run, they are a complete team and well coached, i don not want to meet them in the playoffs LA in 7!!!!

and finally..

SA: the defending champs, yes we do matchup very well with them, and althoough they lost like 5 in a row give the champs respect NO ONE wants them in the 1st round, if they last past the first round then we'l do what we have to do ..in 7

o ya and portland: if they have homecourt Portland in 4 lol jjjjjjk

so what do you guys think about both parts of the thread, agreements disagreements..

Last edited by Kobe=MVP07` : 03-19-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Bynums Late set-return date, PROS & CONS, and playoff prefrences..

Here's a few points to think about.

People dont remember that when bynum comes back he will be a bench player for a little bit. He will come off the bench and make our second unit in the playoffs much much stronger. If thats the case we can probably go back to some major bball playing.

I have been thinking about what gts said and he mentioned that so far Bynum is scoring from offensive rebounding, and easy little feeds from others down low.

I can see bynum making a bigger impact when he returns and throw the other team's defense into total discombobulation.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
total discombobulation
that would be Supercalifragilisticexpialidoceous if that were to happen
Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

I don't see any real pros with Bynum missing the rest of the regular season.

He's going to need at least a couple of games to get back up to game speed and to knock off some rust. It's also doubtful he will be able to play big minutes right away.

No one can predict how much his confidence will be affected and how long it will take him to get over the mental part of it. Same goes his strength in the knee and explosion he may or may not have right away.

It's going to be a game by game thing to see what kind of contribution he can make.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #5
alexthegod
Local High School Star

as far as matchups are concerned a lot is really going to depend on how much momentum teams have at seasons end. It's still too early to tell. So much can change in 15 games, just look at the last 15 games:

1. HOU went from unbeatable to losing Yao and still being unbeatable to losing two in a row. The rest of the games will tell us how much to fear HOU.

2. PHX started 3-6 with Shaq and was left for dead, now they've ripped off 6 straight and are 1 game out of the WC lead.

3. DAL has a winning record with JKidd but are 0-6 vs winning teams. Can they fix that?

4. SA won 10 straight then lost 4 straight.

5. GS when they shoot lights out from distance, they are tough to beat, when they don't they shoot themselves right out of games.

6. NO, they have been pretty damn consistent, no team wants to see them in the playoffs.

7. UTA, Since the Korver trade have stepped it up even more.

8. LAL - looked unbeatable since the Gasol trade, then they forgot how to play defense, then Pau goes down.

When you take a good hard look at the 8 contenders you see 8 teams that would be 1-4 seeds in any other year. It's pick your poison really.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:44 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
that would be Supercalifragilisticexpialidoceous if that were to happen
lol
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #7
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLin...t=NBA&hl=95923

hes cmoing back
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
Lakers13
Reload Time

Perfect, gets 3-4 games under his belt and two weeks of practice leading up to the playoffs. What more can ya ask for.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

As of right now, i am begging for a date the Suns. Seriously, if we don't meet in the 1st round, i will root for them to advance ..just so we could be the ones to kick them out of the playoffs!
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

This thread has been closed due to Phil playing with our minds a bit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread