Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default robert swift

alright, sonics fans. tell me what it is about this dude. i don't know whether to feel sorry for him or what.

he gotta drafted pretty high so he had to have some sign of talent, only to spend the last 2 seasons injured. he's had reconstructive surgery on his right knee and on the game the other night vs. POR, doug collins was talking about how he's been working hard to get back and all that. moments later, the guy is walking off court into the locker room and it's revealed now that he's torn his meniscus. he can't catch a break. i couldn't imagine being this injury prone. i would be scared to even play.

how much longer can SEA management sit and wait for him to stay healty? i think petro has gotten an extension but i don't think swift will, seeing how elson is in town now. do any fans give a crap about him or not? i don't want to call him the "B" word, but it's not looking good.

oh, and that's "B" as in Bust.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: robert swift

Seattle got too desparate with big men in the draft. They kept picking them around 10, never going after a big time guy with a real shot at succeeding. Also, Sene was very inexperienced, and Swift came out of high school. A lot of high hopes were thrown into those picks.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
alright, sonics fans. tell me what it is about this dude. i don't know whether to feel sorry for him or what.

he gotta drafted pretty high so he had to have some sign of talent, only to spend the last 2 seasons injured. he's had reconstructive surgery on his right knee and on the game the other night vs. POR, doug collins was talking about how he's been working hard to get back and all that. moments later, the guy is walking off court into the locker room and it's revealed now that he's torn his meniscus. he can't catch a break. i couldn't imagine being this injury prone. i would be scared to even play.

how much longer can SEA management sit and wait for him to stay healty? i think petro has gotten an extension but i don't think swift will, seeing how elson is in town now. do any fans give a crap about him or not? i don't want to call him the "B" word, but it's not looking good.

oh, and that's "B" as in Bust.

the injuries have prevented the sonics from seeing if he could be a good player or a is a bust

luck of the (injury) draw...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far

I think he would have been a BUST either way..Hes big but thats about it..Maybe he can be ok overseas..To bad they didnt draft Al Jefferson
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

I don't blame Swift. It's Rick Sund that i have problem with. The idiot talked like he is some kind of genius. look at some of his draft picks; Swift, Petro, Sene. It's bomb, bust, and blah.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Schits
I don't blame Swift. It's Rick Sund that i have problem with. The idiot talked like he is some kind of genius. look at some of his draft picks; Swift, Petro, Sene. It's bomb, bust, and blah.

eh, i don't think petro is that bad. he's ok. where the heck is sene anyway?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
eh, i don't think petro is that bad. he's ok. where the heck is sene anyway?

Petro is way below ok. Perhaps he is somewhere between bad and awful. The reason he has been scoring a few here and there is becuase the other teams are not guarding him.

Sene is in Idaho playing in the D league.

Rick Sund should be the "I Da Ho" of basketball.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Robert Stiff
Old 03-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
divisionbyzero0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

divisionbyzero0 has decent reputationdivisionbyzero0 has decent reputation

When Swift plays he can PLAY! The kid is really injury prone though... I'd like to see what he can do when he's completely healthy, but one more major injury and I'm ready to let him go, we don't need a Darius Miles type sitting on our bench...
divisionbyzero0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbyzero0
When Swift plays he can PLAY! The kid is really injury prone though... I'd like to see what he can do when he's completely healthy, but one more major injury and I'm ready to let him go, we don't need a Darius Miles type sitting on our bench...

i WISH swift showed us as much as miles had over the years
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

anyone following sene's stats in the d-league? is he gonna be anything?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
Moose

The man is done, he's basically getting injured every damn time he's on the court. He should just hang up his sneakers.

Probably his looks are too blame.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: