Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #31
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: Prediction for the final eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I can understand the casual sports fan but those fans including maccabi's that take time out of the day just to harass the opposing team during transit are losers

It happens everywhere, but it is more typical with soccer fans. Haven't seen it so much in basketball. As you said, they are just losers.

Now, CSKA and TAU are in Madrid. 6th straight Final Four for the russians, 4th straight for TAU. I watched TAU's game. Very intense but with really bad officiating. A lot of wrong calls, a lot of fouls not called, several travelling missing. Partizan has been more harmed in the wrong calls. At least a couple of fouls called on Pekovic were wrong. The refs missed some offensive fouls from the guy in the fights (fantastic fights, on the other hand) with Splitter, though. Still TAU deserved the win, but not by almost 20 points. Partizan have a bright future if they keep the majority of their current roster.

Last edited by berraco : 04-09-2008 at 05:27 PM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #32
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

I'm not a fan of the nba because they call everything even flops and I don't mind if the refs hold the whistle for the spirit of physical competition.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #33
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
It happens everywhere, but it is more typical with soccer fans. Haven't seen it so much in basketball. As you said, they are just losers.

Now, CSKA and TAU are in Madrid. 6th straight Final Four for the russians, 4th straight for TAU. I watched TAU's game. Very intense but with really bad officiating. A lot of wrong calls, a lot of fouls not called, several travelling missing. Partizan has been more harmed in the wrong calls. At least a couple of fouls called on Pekovic were wrong. The refs missed some offensive fouls from the guy in the fights (fantastic fights, on the other hand) with Splitter, though. Still TAU deserved the win, but not by almost 20 points. Partizan have a bright future if they keep the majority of their current roster.
Unfortunately partizan,like zeleznik,hermofarm,red star etc will not keep their players ,they produce them and then the big clubs poach them.I think Pekovic has alreadt signed for panathinaikos.i can see kecman,pekovic,erceg,labovic,macvan,kikanovic ,dragicevic (all this players play for the teams mentioned above)playing for other teams next year.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #34
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:

If maccabi win(and they are favourites to do so) that will be 4 in the last 5 or 5 in the last 6 aswell.Its amazing these records from these teams because for me the final four is one of the hardest targets in european sports,its very competitive and because of the format its real tough to get there,yet these teams seem to manage it every year.And its not because of their budjets,teams like madrid,barcelona and panathinaikos have huge budgets yet they don't find it so easy.Anyway tomorrow whoever wins it will be 3 of the 4 that were in Prague two years ago.As good a record as TAU have it has to be said that they really disappoint in the final fours and I have long given up in thinking that they are going to produce.I saw the crumble to pieces in Prague against maccabi and in Athens against Pana.So far no suprises hopefully barca can be the one suprise!I think Maccabi will win by 10.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #35
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Barcelona's heart wasn't into winning the eliminating game and it was a disappointing performance. CSKA is clearly on a different level with all the other teams and won't give David Blumenthal open looks. CSKA will be euroleague champion.

Just my opinion but Maccabi is a virtual monopoly of israeli basketball being the only euroleague team and israel as well as the euroleague would be better served with another israeli euroleague team to improve the quality of the game.

Last edited by b.jerk : 04-10-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #36
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the nba because they call everything even flops and I don't mind if the refs hold the whistle for the spirit of physical competition.

I'm not against physical, I'm against refs that call fouls when nothing happens and forgot the whistle when elbows are flying around.

EDIT: I know I will be wrong, but I'm going with TAU as Euroleague Champion. It has to be their time.

Last edited by berraco : 04-10-2008 at 06:21 PM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #37
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'm not against physical, I'm against refs that call fouls when nothing happens and forgot the whistle when elbows are flying around.

EDIT: I know I will be wrong, but I'm going with TAU as Euroleague Champion. It has to be their time.
I hope you are right I will be there,hopefully to see TAU win a game or be close!!!I went to Prague and Athens and they were so poor in both events!I think Barca left maccabi of the hook,they should have been 10 points up in 1st qtr but lack killer instinct.Coach Pascual showed a lot of inexperience and made **** decisions.like throwing gary neal in there!!Who the hell signed this guy and why?for him they could have kept morandais!plus the zone helped them get back into it but he didn't stop in time and brutental scored 4 3s!Plus I can't understand why barca don't play inside against maccabi with Kasun!he was sitting on the bench most of the game with lakovic hitting brick after brick,what has happened to him!Next year with ettore messina i think he will be gone.Basile got harrassed and got sent off!i am sure the refs felt like palestinians all day!anyway Barca lost that one I think.I don't think that maccabi are as good as they used to be and see them not getting to final.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #38
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

It seemed Barcelona came in thinking they weren't going to win and played like it, Bnei Hasharon and several other bsl teams have played maccabi harder than Barcelona. Tubby Blumenthal getting open looks is just not acceptable, he's too fat to lose a defender.

Last edited by b.jerk : 04-10-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #39
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
It seemed Barcelona came in thinking they weren't going to win and played like it, Bnei Hasharon and several other bsl teams have played maccabi harder than Barcelona. Tubby Blumenthal getting open looks is just not acceptable, he's too fat to lose a defender.
problem is he didnt have a defender all the baskets he scored were against the zone.Barca started well but you are right they didn't quite believe except basile,grimau and vasquez!but what I find inexplicable is that Kasun played 4 minutes.in those 4 minutes he scored 4 points could have been 5 if he had got the bonus.I don't know why this is.Kasun could be dominant inside.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: