Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Karl's Response To Melo's Comments

This is about the 4th quarter of game 3:

Heres AI's comments:
Quote:
"To not go back in, I don't understand that,'' Iverson said. "And (Karl) didn't even say nothing to me even afterward . . . I played every game with a broken finger and all. I always came to play, every game we had. So why not tell me nothing?''

Melo's Comments:
Quote:
On the bench in the fourth quarter Anthony repeatedly screamed at Karl: "Don't just sit there!" Later Anthony spewed like Regan in "The Exorcist": "We're not just losing. We're getting the (expletive) beat out of us. It's about us giving up as a whole. We quit . . . everybody from the players to the coaches. There's no way I can lay down on my team the way we laid down (Saturday afternoon). . . . I'm surprised at how we laid down like that. In my five years (with the Nuggets), that's the first time I've ever felt like this."

And finally here, we have Karls:
Quote:
'Melo also told the Mountain News the entire team quit, from the coaches to the players. Coach Karl disagreed ... well, at least in defense of himself.

"Well, I don't think I quit. I quit on not passing the ball,'' said Karl, when asked about Anthony's post-game comments. "In the fourth quarter. I tried to find some answers. I tried to find, 'Is Chucky (Atkins) going to help us?' . . . I think Melo's emotional right now. He's frustrated right now, as we all are. And keeping our composure and a maturity to it is probably the best way to go.''
You're down by double digits going into the 4th, and yet you're wondering wether or not, Chucky Atkins, of all people would be the answer to the solution?
Also, I love how he defends only himself by declaring that he didin't quit on the team...PRICELESS!
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Karl's Response To Melo's Comments

Yeah the dude has a massive Ego..and people criticize Melo and Iverson...
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I'm OK with Melo saying the entire team failed

Better than singling a guy or two out, or blaming the coach
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Its clear this team can't get it done as constructed.

If the Nuggets added a healthy Vince Carter or Michael Redd do you think it would be worth giving up Kleiza or Nene? Denver is really good at getting to the basket but I think their lack of 3-pt shooting really hurts.

Yeah I know defense is the main problem but what can they do about that? Try and trade for Shawn Marion?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Its clear this team can't get it done as constructed.

If the Nuggets added a healthy Vince Carter or Michael Redd do you think it would be worth giving up Kleiza or Nene? Denver is really good at getting to the basket but I think their lack of 3-pt shooting really hurts.

Yeah I know defense is the main problem but what can they do about that? Try and trade for Shawn Marion?

no neither vince or redd would be worth getting rid of nene- or klieza

you are right that the team as currently constructed is not the answer- vince or redd for iverson maybe- but i dont see those players being too high on the priority list- we have the wing players needed in jr, klieza, and melo- what we need is a point gaurd to help them do their thing -not another chucker to share shots with

imo it should take dirk for the nugs to consider breaking up the franchise core of melo, jr, nene,& klieza- this group needs to be built around instead of continuing to add players despite what we have
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: