Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far
Default Shocking News

Unless youve read recent shocking, revealing posts by knickscity than you should know 2 players from the Grizz who were traded won the NBA Championship this year! Apparently, had the Grizz kept these players they would have won the title. What fools we are!

Upon this shocking revealment, I thought I would see if this has ever happened before in the NBA? To my surprise:

New York trades Nazr Mohammad to San Antonio for Malik Rose.
- San Antonio wins title with Mohammad starting at C.

San Antonio obviously would have lost the finals without Nazr. If New York hadnt made this trade, they would have hoisted the trophy. Not to mention the team let free agent heroes Antonio McDyess and Shandon Anderson go and robbed themselves of the 2004 and 2006 trophies as well.

Yes, these trades did not really rob the Knicks of three trophies- no more than the trade of Jason Williams and Eddie Jones to Miami robbed Memphis of this year's championship. Nazr Mohammad was a good role player on a great team, just as Jwill and Posey were for the Heat.

Get over it that the Grizz let go of two (out of twelve) pieces to a championship. They got a solid veteran, whose highly-valued leadership in the locker room is hard to hear about in the bright lights of New York or Miami. I'm not here to argue the Grizz got the better value on the court, but I do not believe this trade really hurt the Grizz either as the team almost won 50 games again even with their veteran PG missing half the season due to injury.

Grizz fans, and true NBA fans, congradulate the Heat, JWill and Posey included, in their championship. Every topic related to the Grizz isnt due to this trade. Finally the value of this trade isn't even final as supported in my thread about Eddie Jones.

So, if you have a major problem with this trade, and can only cite it when talking about anything involving the Grizz, do us all a favor and save it. I would rather hear something new to discuss. It's not that big of a deal. Instead of wasting so much time on one trade that helped one team win a championship, how about we discuass how these teams, specifically the Grizz, can improve their chances to win the title in the future.

Thanks.

Last edited by J-Memphis : 08-21-2006 at 02:00 AM.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
Unless youve read recent shocking, revealing posts by knickscity than you should know 2 players from the Grizz who were traded won the NBA Championship this year! Apparently, had the Grizz kept these players they would have won the title. What fools we are!

Upon this shocking revealment, I thought I would see if this has ever happened before in the NBA? To my surprise:

San Antonio obviously would have lost the finals without Nazr. If New York hadnt made this trade, they would have hoisted the trophy. Not to mention the team let free agent heroes Antonio McDyess and Shandon Anderson go and robbed themselves of the 2004 and 2006 trophies as well.

Yes, these trades did not really rob the Knicks of three trophies- no more than the trade of Jason Williams and Eddie Jones to Miami robbed Memphis of this year's championship. Nazr Mohammad was a good role player on a great team, just as Jwill and Posey were for the Heat.

Get over it that the Grizz let go of two (out of twelve) pieces to a championship. They got a solid veteran, whose highly-valued leadership in the locker room is hard to hear about in the bright lights of New York or Miami. I'm not here to argue the Grizz got the better value on the court, but I do not believe this trade really hurt the Grizz either as the team almost won 50 games again even with their veteran PG missing half the season due to injury.

Grizz fans, and true NBA fans, congradulate the Heat, JWill and Posey included, in their championship. Every topic related to the Grizz isnt due to this trade. Finally the value of this trade isn't even final as supported in my thread about Eddie Jones.

So, if you have a major problem with this trade, and can only cite it when talking about anything involving the Grizz, do us all a favor and save it. I would rather hear something new to discuss. It's not that big of a deal. Instead of wasting so much time on one trade that helped one team win a championship, how about we discuass how these teams, specifically the Grizz, can improve their chances to win the title in the future.

Thanks.

Dude, check my post. I already wrote. the point of me bringing that out was that jerry West has yet to make a trade that actually benefit the team. You have made the playoffs 3 straight years only to get swept. Pau needs help to get past that. This aint a knicks forum. I'm talking about the Griz. I still want the Griz to get Vince carter like I have said before. Chauncey is very similar to J-Will like i said before. They shoot first. pass second. chauncey averages twice as many points as he do assist. This is a PG. Now if he were averaging lets say 11 assists like steve nash then I can understand his point production. Then again he wont leave dtw, and he's not worth 11 mil.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Thanks.

Dude, check my post. I already wrote that. the point of me bringing that out was that jerry West has yet to make a trade that actually benefit the team. You have made the playoffs 3 straight years only to get swept. Pau needs help to get past that. This aint a knicks forum. I'm talking about the Griz. I still want the Griz to get Vince carter like I have said before. Chauncey is very similar to J-Will like i said before. They shoot first. pass second. chauncey averages twice as many points as he do assist. This is a PG. Now if he were averaging lets say 11 assists like steve nash then I can understand his point production. Then again he wont leave dtw, and he's not worth 11 mil.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

Thanks.

Dude, check my post. I already wrote that. the point of me bringing that out was that jerry West has yet to make a trade that actually benefit the team. You have made the playoffs 3 straight years only to get swept. Pau needs help to get past that. This aint a knicks forum. I'm talking about the Griz. I still want the Griz to get Vince carter like I have said before. Chauncey is very similar to J-Will like i said before. They shoot first. pass second. chauncey averages twice as many points as he do assist. This is a PG. Now if he were averaging lets say 11 assists like steve nash then I can understand his point production. Then again he wont leave dtw, and he's not worth 11 mil.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

im assuming you didnt mean to post that three times... i hope.

and no billups did not average 11 assists.... but his 7 or 8 sure would beat the 4.9 that lead the Grizzlies last year.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

chill on the post button lol
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

by bad guys. i was using my computer at work. The system isn't supposed to accept dupes, but oh well. You still should try to get vince carter though.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

What the grizz traded j-will and posey and then they won a damn championship some where else those selfish bastards.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

They just lucked up on a coach that uses their players strength to his advantage, that's all. I don't like Fratello at all. He sucks. period.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

I think pat reiley fell into a good situation.When I say fell I mean fired a real good coach.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Stan Van Gundy got srewed... hey there might be an answer to our coaching quesions in the other thread...
Old 08-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah no doubt stan took alot of young guys and turned around the heat.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: