Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Would you trade Melo and for who?

June is around the corner and it is time to get ready for the draft, free agency, and trades.

Melo has been in numerous conversations and rumors of being traded, would you trade a young superstar in Melo and if you did what would you try to get for him?

(I'll respond to you of what I think of your choice.)
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Would you trade Melo and for who?

Bulls could offer Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes (expiring contract) and sign and trade Luol Deng... maybe even throw in a first round draft pick.

You guys would get a PG in Hinrich, huge expiring contract in Larry Hughes, a decent SF in Luol Deng and a first round draft pick. I don't think that would be too bad for the Nuggets at all.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Trading Carmelo would be the worst decision in franchise history, our front office is dumb but I don't think they're that dumb.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Trading Carmelo would be the worst decision in franchise history, our front office is dumb but I don't think they're that dumb.

you cant say it any better- ihope that last part is true-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
ConanRulesNBC: Bulls could offer Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes (expiring contract) and sign and trade Luol Deng... maybe even throw in a first round draft pick.

You guys would get a PG in Hinrich, huge expiring contract in Larry Hughes, a decent SF in Luol Deng and a first round draft pick. I don't think that would be too bad for the Nuggets at all.

That may not be a bad trade for the Nuggets because the Nuggets has been needing a PG, Larry Hughes is a very great player that can do many of the intangible things that the Nuggets lack and Luol Deng is a bonus in the trade. As well as getting a first round draft pick will allow the Nuggets to maybe add Brandon Rush to replace Melo.

Quote:
Geandily Trading Carmelo would be the worst decision in franchise history, our front office is dumb but I don't think they're that dumb.

Carmelo is the Nuggets franchise player, but you have to think about the team before the player and what is best for the franchise. If letting go Melo is the best choice then we need to do it. Melo has been surrounded with many different players in his years here in Denver and nothing seems to work, maybe he could find success elsewhere, like Billups. I remember Billups talking about how going to Detroit was probably better for him and it may be better for Denver and Melo. I like Melo, but some things need to be done if we want to take another step towards a championship.
I agree that the Nuggets Organization's front office isn't the brightest, but you don't see what goes on behind close doors, Melo won't listen to anybody especially George Karl. After his son Kyan was born he said he was going to be a "new Melo", but I haven't seen a difference since then.

Thanks for your comments and keep adding in!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I honestly wouldn't trade Melo for anything (except things he's obviously not worth like Lebron James or anything). Anything he's actually worth like Jefferson and small add-ons or Hinrich and add-ons, no, I wouldn't trade him at all.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont really think melo and iverson are working out to much.

i would trade melo for richard jefferson plus some draft picks and maybe add

sean williams or josh boone
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #8
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the trades will swirl, but in the end, i see carmelo being kept
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

why is it seeming logical to people to put trade a player like jefferson who the nets want to trade anyway and one of 2 half decent second year players??

it is hard to pitch trades to other teams when you dont really understand their values of players- but please dont lowball us like that- use the nba or other teams board for that?- it just is anoying that anybody would think that players they want to get rid of could be traded for the best player someone else has ever had???

carmelo is one of the handful of best players in the league at his best, and realistically a trade for melo is not happeneing because the package would be too high- like d rose, david lee, j jeffries,j james(to cut) & 2 future 1sts from the nets wed need devin harris, nachbar, kristic, & 3 1sts - see how it would be impossile to get melo- but denver has the chips needed to move some of the players youve mentioned around- the thing is the list of players you get to pick from is iverson, camby, kmart, or najera, yakouba diawara,- and imo you should take into account that camby has been our team captain and 2nd best player for the last 6 years- we dont WANT to give him away

to the bulls guy- i think hinrich is perfect in denver- only hes perfect playing with melo, not on a team without- i still believe a trade could be made that involved the nugs and bulls that could help both teams- we could get you over 50 mill in expiring cap space for next year and the next

a blockbuster is needed between chic, den, new york, nj, milwauke, & seatle

mile high,how can you even try to use a "think back to before carmelo" (bc) argument AGAINST carmelo- do you remember bc?
i just cant figure out what you are thinking
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
CaptainOwlClub
mile high,how can you even try to use a "think back to before carmelo" (bc) argument AGAINST carmelo- do you remember bc?
i just cant figure out what you are thinking

You can't just leave the Denver Nuggets past behind on how terrible they were before Carmelo, but we need to see the facts on what if Melo left this Nuggets franchise. Will this team be better or worse without him? If you have two superstars on one team that aren't willing to give the ball up from time to time you won't be able to win a championship. The Boston Celtics have three superstars on that team and the reason why they are playing well is because of their abilities to play the game unselfishly. Melo is used to playing a ball hog type of basketball, since he was at Syracuse because no one really helped him out and the first seasons with the Nuggets he had to do pretty much everything on his own. Now he has players to compliment him, but he is not using them. A.I. has the same problem when he was in Philly where no one did anything except him.
When A.I. left Philly, there was no doubt that the fans were disappointed, but they knew if they wanted to win a championship they had to move on and become a team that can play as a team. And now Philly has gotten into the playoffs with a team that plays like a team should and has many bright years to come.

I know that every team needs their superstar or franchise player, but Melo needs to learn that he has players that can play with him and he doesn't have to do everything on his own. If he can't play the way the organization and the fans want him, he would seem to be expendable.

Quote:
It's A VC3!!!
i would trade melo for richard jefferson plus some draft picks and maybe add

sean williams or josh boone

That Nets trade seems okay to me because Jefferson is a great player, rebuilding in the draft will definitely help the Nuggets, and adding a player like Sean Williams or Josh Boone is an extra. But I'm not sure if it's worth a player like a Melo in order for a trade with Melo to work it's gotta be big time and get the East Coast bias of ESPN to headline this story.

Keep your comments comin' and all be firing back!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
You can't just leave the Denver Nuggets past behind on how terrible they were before Carmelo, but we need to see the facts on what if Melo left this Nuggets franchise. Will this team be better or worse without him? If you have two superstars on one team that aren't willing to give the ball up from time to time you won't be able to win a championship. The Boston Celtics have three superstars on that team and the reason why they are playing well is because of their abilities to play the game unselfishly. Melo is used to playing a ball hog type of basketball, since he was at Syracuse because no one really helped him out and the first seasons with the Nuggets he had to do pretty much everything on his own. Now he has players to compliment him, but he is not using them. A.I. has the same problem when he was in Philly where no one did anything except him.
When A.I. left Philly, there was no doubt that the fans were disappointed, but they knew if they wanted to win a championship they had to move on and become a team that can play as a team. And now Philly has gotten into the playoffs with a team that plays like a team should and has many bright years to come.
Just because they made the playoffs this year as the 7th seed does not mean that they got where they are because they played like a "team", especially with a record like 40-42. Atlanta made the playoffs too this year with a horrible record of 37-45, does that also mean that they made the playoffs because they too played like a "team"?. It doesn't matter if Philly played better as a team than Denver did because at the end of the day they are not a very good team and they did not get it going until the 2nd half of the season, but they're a work in progress for sure and were very fortunate to have been playing in the weak ass Eastern Conference otherwise, had it been like any other season, they, along with Atlanta, might not have made the playoffs with a bogus record like that, even if they played "much better" as a team without AI. :) Also if Philly wishes to have a bright future then the 1st thing they need to do is not lose their 2 best players, Iguadala and Miller, this off-season.

Finally, my answer to "Would you trade Melo?" is why? why would you trade a 23 year old superstar who is one of the top scorers in the league? is it because he is a liabilty defensively? Trading him would be one of the dumbest moves in Nuggets history because he is only going to continue to improve more and more each year. Coaches are alot easier to replace than players, so why not get rid of Karl and get a coach who will whoop Melo into shape and get him playing some defense?.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Originally posted by KRAYZIE

Just because they made the playoffs this year as the 7th seed does not mean that they got where they are because they played like a "team", especially with a record like 40-42. Atlanta made the playoffs too this year with a horrible record of 37-45, does that also mean that they made the playoffs because they too played like a "team"?. It doesn't matter if Philly played better as a team than Denver did because at the end of the day they are not a very good team and they did not get it going until the 2nd half of the season, but they're a work in progress for sure and were very fortunate to have been playing in the weak ass Eastern Conference otherwise, had it been like any other season, they, along with Atlanta, might not have made the playoffs with a bogus record like that, even if they played "much better" as a team without AI. Also if Philly wishes to have a bright future then the 1st thing they need to do is not lose their 2 best players, Iguadala and Miller, this off-season.

Finally, my answer to "Would you trade Melo?" is why? why would you trade a 23 year old superstar who is one of the top scorers in the league? is it because he is a liabilty defensively? Trading him would be one of the dumbest moves in Nuggets history because he is only going to continue to improve more and more each year. Coaches are alot easier to replace than players, so why not get rid of Karl and get a coach who will whoop Melo into shape and get him playing some defense?.

Atlanta may have a bad record, but have you seen them play #1 seeded Boston? Atlanta pushed all the way for the game seven, even though they got blown out, Atlanta stuck around and the reason is because they played like a team, Mike Bibby and Smith didn't do all the work, they all chipped in to force the full round.
Philly also did what they were suppose to and had Detroit panicking for a while in the series. There is no doubt Philly is going to keep Igoudala and Miller unless they can get better players than those two.
The Eastern Conference is what it is and you can't compare the two conferences because the West is loaded, but we are talking about playing as a team and not for individual efforts. Melo plays for individual effort at times by shooting the ball when not needed, just to get his points up to double digits or whatever.

You must be kidding me about Melo getting better year by year. If he was getting better year by year then explain to me why he hasn't stepped up to become a leader for this Nuggets team? He ain't a rookie anymore, he is a proven veteran who needs to step up towards the plate and take responsibility for the teams faults in their losses. During the playoff series against the Lakers he was blaming a lot on the coaches. As a veteran athlete you need to assume full responsibility and play because you're the one out on the court not the coaches. If your getting credit for the teams positives then you need to also get credit for the teams negatives.

And what is up with you guys complaining about George Karl? He may not have been the Furious George like before and doesn't seem to do anything about teams weaknesses, but he is going to be here no matter what. No coach can get Melo playing defense. Playing defense is a want for many players and feel like they don't need it and Melo is one of them. There needs to be a need to play defense and once you have that need in place then you are set to play some ball!

Keep commenting, I'm ready for whatever you throw at me!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #13
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Atlanta may have a bad record, but have you seen them play #1 seeded Boston? Atlanta pushed all the way for the game seven, even though they got blown out, Atlanta stuck around and the reason is because they played like a team, Mike Bibby and Smith didn't do all the work, they all chipped in to force the full round.

Are you kidding me? Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, and Josh Smith basically lead the team in their 3 wins at home, without those three, no way in hell do the C's lose to them. The one guy that should've and did step up big time was Mike Bibby, who was struggling in the regular season with Atlanta.
Quote:
Philly also did what they were suppose to and had Detroit panicking for a while in the series.
That's because Detroit took them for granted because of their record and weren't playing with any sense of urgency like they have been recently. Philly played great in their 2 wins and I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but had they been playing against a more focused and motivated Detroit team early on then they would've gotten swept. Just look at Rasheed in game 1, when they were down by 2-3 points, he was out there laughing and fooling around by going into Phillies own huddle right before missing a lay-up that could've cut the lead down to 1. The only game Detroit struggled was in the 3rd, after that it was all Detroit, by 10-15 point blowouts.
Quote:
There is no doubt Philly is going to keep Igoudala and Miller unless they can get better players than those two.
On Iguodala:
Quote:
The October 31st deadline is looming and ‘Iggy’, for some reason, is waiting on an extension. Here’s why:
Philadelphia is saving cap space for the summer. Come July, Chris Webber’s inflated contract finally comes off the books and Aaron Mckie’s deal also expires. The 76ers will be $30 million dollars under the cap and aren’t ready to compromise their newfound flexibility on Iguodala’s extension.
Basketball is no longer a priority for Comcast, the cable conglomerate that owns the 76ers. Fans have stayed away; rumors are flying that Comcast still wants out of the NBA. A big contract, like Iguodala’s extension, makes the team less attractive to potential buyers.
If a team comes and offers Iguodala something crazy like 5 years, $75 million, then he is as good as gone...so much for "keeping him without a doubt" huh?

On Miller:

Quote:
Ed Stefanski doesn't see extending veteran Andre Miller's contract as a priority. Stefanski raised the idea several months ago of extending Miller, but both sides have to want it for that to happen. Based on Miller's statements after the Pistons eliminated the Sixers, there's some doubt if Miller sees himself here beyond 2008-09. Miller responded to a question about his interest in a possible extension by saying, “I don't know. It's hard to tell right now.”
The 32-year-old Miller also said that he thinks he'll “probably be gone” by the time the Sixers' younger players are ready to take the team to the next level
It's obvious that he isn't interested in playing for this team anymore, he even said it himself, there you go.

Quote:
The Eastern Conference is what it is and you can't compare the two conferences because the West is loaded, but we are talking about playing as a team and not for individual efforts. Melo plays for individual effort at times by shooting the ball when not needed, just to get his points up to double digits or whatever.

What else do you expect from Melo? he is their franchise player and is implemented into their style to score mainly and take most of the shots..why? because the guy can make those shots that's why(49.2% in regulations). I don't understand why you only call Melo a ball hog, when you have AI out there who takes, if not more, about the same shot attempts as Melo does through-out the season, but makes them at a fewer percentage than him. Where is the same outrage for AI?

Quote:
You must be kidding me about Melo getting better year by year. If he was getting better year by year then explain to me why he hasn't stepped up to become a leader for this Nuggets team? He ain't a rookie anymore, he is a proven veteran who needs to step up towards the plate and take responsibility for the teams faults in their losses. During the playoff series against the Lakers he was blaming a lot on the coaches. As a veteran athlete you need to assume full responsibility and play because you're the one out on the court not the coaches. If your getting credit for the teams positives then you need to also get credit for the teams negatives.
He hasn't improved at all then? go look at his stats then because while he may be scoring a little less than last year, which is expected with AI on the same team, he has improved in his assists, rebounding, 3-pt, fg %, and steals per game. Even though I agree that Melo needs to step his game up defensively, it's not fair for him to take fully blame of the teams failure. You need to realize that their are 4 other players out there on the court who have the same responsibility as Melo does. For you to nitpick and blame just one guy is stupid. We can all agree that in the series vs L.A. guys like AI, J.R., Kleiza, and Najera were the only ones who showed up, so what the hell happened to rest of the cast, aside from Melo? wheres the blame for them?

Quote:
And what is up with you guys complaining about George Karl? He may not have been the Furious George like before and doesn't seem to do anything about teams weaknesses, but he is going to be here no matter what. No coach can get Melo playing defense. Playing defense is a want for many players and feel like they don't need it and Melo is one of them. There needs to be a need to play defense and once you have that need in place then you are set to play some ball!

Keep commenting, I'm ready for whatever you throw at me!
Are you saying that coaches have no effect on wether their players play or improve their defensive abilities? because that is the biggest bullsh*t ever.
Fat ass Karl is such a lazy coach that he probably doesn't even expend his time/energy yelling and preaching defense to this team anymore. I mean, what else do you expect from a coach, who makes deals with their players, by giving them off days on what should be valuable practice days, when they reach certain goals in each games. He'd rather be fishing or chewing on that same coughdrop 82 games in a row than coaching.

Quote:
I've always like George Karl, but the reason why he can't do much with this team is because of the players. Melo, J.R., K-Mart, and A.I. have troubles listening to their coaches and won't change no matter what you do to them. G.K. is just trying to keep his composure and not lose his mind with his team. I think G.K. is trying to bring this team back where it suppose to be and leave when he knows when the time is right.
Yeah, their you go again, George is the saint and it's all the players fault. Let me ask you this, you seem to think that it's not Karls fault that his players aren't committed to playing defense, well then tell me this, how the hell are you going to play defense when your gameplan is to RUN! RUN! RUN! There are 3 teams in the league that successfully play with the same style and at a high pace: Phoenix, Goldenstate, and of course Denver. Why are they such bad defensive teams? is it because the players are all incapable of playing defense or is because they are not committed to playing defense? or is it because after running back and forth for 30-42 mins, they just don't have the energy to do so? It's not a coincidence, that while all three teams play great offensively, they all struggle defensively because of their style and the pace in which they all play at. No way can a team play great defense while at the same time, be able to score 110-120 points per game. I'd like to see you have to run back and forth meanwhile at the same time play superb defense day in and out, sorry it just won't happen because your legs will be dead by then. I really believe that the only way Denver can play successful defense on a consistant basis at their pace is to either change their style of play by getting rid of that fat ********* or slow the game down, Ex. Phoenix, with Shaq, until then teams that play like Phoenix, Denver, and Goldenstate are going to continue to struggle defensively.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #14
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Aren't Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, and Josh Smith part of the team? Last time I checked they were. All I'm trying to say is that Melo and A.I. has great compliment players to help them out, but they aren't using them, both of these guys tend to be self-fish and this Nuggets team needs to play like a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Yeah, their you go again, George is the saint and it's all the players fault.

George Karl may not be a coach like Poppy, Jackson, or Johnson, but he knows what it takes to win. In his twenty years of coaching he has been to the playoffs seventeen times! When George Karl got to Denver the Nuggets were 17-25, and didn't seem to have a chance to get into the playoffs. When he took over after that the Nuggets went 32-8 and got into the playoffs. He is the 12th most winningest in NBA history and has not had a losing season in 14 straight seasons. As you can see that is why the Nuggets decided to keep him along with his contract. I'd like to see a new coach in Denver, but we gotta take what we have. Our gameplan is all about running because it's pretty much the only thing we can do, no defense and we take too many quick shots when playing half court offense. Either Melo or A.I. has to go so the team can settle down and move in one direction. Look at San Antonio they are a defensive team that can play half court and the reason is because they build around Duncan. Too many superstars with bad reputations can cause a lot of trouble, especially like a team like the Nuggets.

Quote:
Are you saying that coaches have no effect on wether their players play or improve their defensive abilities? because that is the biggest bullsh*t ever.

I'm not saying the coaches have no part in whether their players players or improve their play overall, but a young team like the Nuggets will take time and if we want to hurry up we need vets. That is why I like basketball players who play about three or so years in college to improve their basketball mechanics. The Nuggets have Melo with one year of college and J.R. with no college experience. In the NBA these guys can't be told to do something unless they want to because they have the money. If the players never went or have little expierence in college, I like to see them work hard like Kobe who wants to get better, and Lebron is doing the samething as well.

Quote:
What else do you expect from Melo? he is their franchise player and is implemented into their style to score mainly and take most of the shots..why? because the guy can make those shots that's why(49.2% in regulations). I don't understand why you only call Melo a ball hog, when you have AI out there who takes, if not more, about the same shot attempts as Melo does through-out the season, but makes them at a fewer percentage than him.

All I hope Melo learns is to become a leader first and foremost, I don't care about all that stats crap. As a franchise player you need to give confidence in your team that you can be counted on when things turn sour. If Melo understands what it takes to win then he knows that the double teams that come to him will allow him to pass the ball to the wide open guy. The main reason why I called Melo a ball hog is because it seems to me as if he has too much confidence in his shot that he'd rather shoot it over two guys rather than pass it to a wide open teammate. As the franchise player of the team you need to be accountable for a lot of the things no matter if it's the positives or the negative. The rest of the guy's on the team follow him and he needs to lead by example.

Quote:
Where is the same outrage for AI?

A.I. takes shots that are not needed, but I understand why he takes so many shots in the game when he has Melo, J.R., and company and not pass it to them. It's because he is so used to playing an individual game for so long that he just gets caught up in the moment. A.I.

Someone needs to be found as a leader on this team and if no one can step into that role, someone has to be let go, whether it's A.I., Melo, or even Camby.

On a different note, what do you think about the Melo and Camby for Nowitzky trade, and even the Richard Jefferson trade would you trade or not?

Last edited by Mile High Crew : 05-20-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 AM   #15
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Aren't Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, and Josh Smith part of the team? Last time I checked they were. All I'm trying to say is that Melo and A.I. has great compliment players to help them out, but they aren't using them, both of these guys tend to be self-fish and this Nuggets team needs to play like a team.

Did I say they weren't? Last time I checked, you said "they all chipped in", which I assumed meant that every player on that team helped and played good, which definetly was not the case except for the 3 I listed above. Also forgot to add Horford who did a good job by gobbling up tons of rebounds and did most of the dirty work for his team even though he didin't shoot the ball well and couldn't stay out of foul trouble most games.

Quote:
George Karl may not be a coach like Poppy, Jackson, or Johnson, but he knows what it takes to win. In his twenty years of coaching he has been to the playoffs seventeen times! When George Karl got to Denver the Nuggets were 17-25, and didn't seem to have a chance to get into the playoffs. When he took over after that the Nuggets went 32-8 and got into the playoffs. He is the 12th most winningest in NBA history and has not had a losing season in 14 straight seasons. As you can see that is why the Nuggets decided to keep him along with his contract. I'd like to see a new coach in Denver, but we gotta take what we have. Our gameplan is all about running because it's pretty much the only thing we can do, no defense and we take too many quick shots when playing half court offense. Either Melo or A.I. has to go so the team can settle down and move in one direction. Look at San Antonio they are a defensive team that can play half court and the reason is because they build around Duncan. Too many superstars with bad reputations can cause a lot of trouble, especially like a team like the Nuggets.
Stop giving credit only to George Karl because without Carmelo they wouldn't be where they are today. Can't believe you're aren't giving any credit to the player that averaged 21 ppg + 6 rpg in his rookie year to help lead his team into the players after posting a horrendous 17-65 record without him the previous year. Karl may have helped them go 32-8, but without Melo, no way in hell does he do that with the roster that he had back then, so give credit where credit is due as well.

Quote:
I'm not saying the coaches have no part in whether their players players or improve their play overall, but a young team like the Nuggets will take time and if we want to hurry up we need vets. That is why I like basketball players who play about three or so years in college to improve their basketball mechanics. The Nuggets have Melo with one year of college and J.R. with no college experience. In the NBA these guys can't be told to do something unless they want to because they have the money. If the players never went or have little expierence in college, I like to see them work hard like Kobe who wants to get better, and Lebron is doing the samething as well.

No need to worry, both Melo and J.R. are still very young and have plenty of time to improve their D and their game.

Quote:
A.I. takes shots that are not needed, but I understand why he takes so many shots in the game when he has Melo, J.R., and company and not pass it to them. It's because he is so used to playing an individual game for so long that he just gets caught up in the moment. A.I.

That's still not a good excuse for AI. It's like me saying, before AI came, Melo was the man in Denver and took all the shots, then even after AI came, he still couldn't resist but keep taking all those shots because he was used to it.

Quote:
Someone needs to be found as a leader on this team and if no one can step into that role, someone has to be let go, whether it's A.I., Melo, or even Camby.

I agree, George Karl needs to go.

Quote:
On a different note, what do you think about the Melo and Camby for Nowitzky trade, and even the Richard Jefferson trade would you trade or not?
Yeah right, Dallas actually trading away Dirk?
Go watch this video and tell me if Cuban would even ever consider trading Dirk away right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwA3-TOLB8s

As for the Jefferson trade, go read the 1st post.

I also want to add that Denver does not rotate well on defense, nor do they constest jumpers, and does a poor job getting back after fast breaks. Remember, not all players fault, coach is at fault as well and since it's alot easier to get rid of a coach than a player....what's the hold up?

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 05-22-2008 at 12:42 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: