Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Posterize's mock draft and analysis--need your opinions

1.Chicago-Derrick Rose (The hometown kid who is a pure game changer. Big upgrade over Kirk Hinrich who had a decrease in production last season)

2. Miami-Michael Beasley (The obvious choice when Rose is off the board, Beasley provides a nice complement to Dwyane Wade’s Heat. Much has been made about the Heat, Pat Riley especially, wanting Derrick Rose. But are Udonis Haslem and Mark Blount really who you want scoring down low?)

3.Minnesota-Brook Lopez (With Al Jefferson, Randy Foye, Corey Brewer, Sebastian Telfair and Ryan Gomes, Minnesota has youth and talent on every position of the floor besides center. Adds length and shotblocking to a team that was 29th in the league last season in blocks per game.)

4. Seattle-Jerryd Bayless (With Derrick Rose off the board, the next best point guard in the draft is Jerryd Bayless. Although I believe he’s more of a scorer than a pure pg in the mold of Gilbert Arenas, another scoring threat next to ROY Kevin Durant is a must. Big upgrade over any pg on the Sonics roster. Sonics ownership hopes Durant, Green, and Bayless can lead the team’s future in OKC.)

5. Memphis-Danilo Gallinari (Memphis adds a 6’9” player who can play inside-out and knows how to think the game.)

6. New York-OJ Mayo (Looking for a player to fit Mike D’Antoni’s system, the Knicks add Mayo who is a player who can do a little bit of everything. Mayo also serves as a potential replacement for Stephon Marbury who is most likely headed out of town. Unable to move Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph, Walsh cannot draft a big man here.)

7. LAC-Eric Gordon (Clippers look for backcourt scoring with the departure of Sam Cassell and Cuttino Mobley getting up in age. Adds scoring to go with super-rook Al Thornton.)

8. Milwaukee-Darrell Arthur (With trade rumors swirling about Redd and Villanueva, Milwaukee adds a potential star of the future on the low block. An upsetting season from perimeter-oriented pf Yi Jianlian leads them to draft a true post player similar to Al Horford.)

9. Charlotte-Anthony Randolph (Randolph is a project but should add to a team with a core of Richardson, Okafor, Felton, and Wallace. Reminds me of Al Thornton from last years draft but not as strong or polished. Thornton was also 5 years older though so that makes a difference.)

10. New Jersey-Kevin Love (Drafting Sean Williams last year added size and shotblocking to their frontcourt, but not scoring. Love should add frontcourt scoring to a team who has a strong defensive line with Diop, Krstic, Swift, Boone, and Williams but only gets 28 ppg from those 5 players. Love should help that. He should also help the speed of their fast break by getting the quick outlets to speedy Devin Harris.)

11. Indiana-Deandre Jordan (With a declining front line, Pacers should add DeAndre Jordan and hope that he IS the next Andrew Bynum. Jermaine O’Neal is going downhill, Troy Murphy is a pf that likes to shoot from the outside, and Diogu is undersized and hasn’t produced after being a lottery pick a few years ago. May be a risk, but a risk I'd be willing to take.

12. Sacramento-Russell Westbrook (Westbrook instantly replaces the hole left when Mike Bibby was traded at the trade deadline and adds some athleticism to a team that lacks it. Kings cannot continue with a pg trio of Udrih, Anthony Johson, and Quincy Douby.)

13. Portland-DJ Augustine (The last piece of the puzzle as the Trail Blazers add the missing piece at pg. Oden, Aldridge, Roy, and Outlaw will welcome him with open arms. Having Nate McMillan as his coach will help him transition easily.)

14. Golden state-Nicolas Batum (Warriors look to add size to their small backcourt with the 6’8” Batum. Comparisons to Rudy Gay should have Chris Mullin locking this guy up.)

15. Phoenix-Joe Alexander (Alexander is a 6’9” sf who has reportedly recorded an astonishing 44” vertical in workouts. Good shooter who added a post game in his last year with Bob Huggins, many consider him to be the steal of the draft. Alexander's stock seems to be on the rise but he supposedly was dominated by Marreese Speights in Las Vegas workouts.)

16. Philadelphia-Javale Mcgee- (Sixers are loaded at the wings but short up front. A 3man rotation of Dalembert, Evans, and Jason Smith up front can’t last for long. Thaddeus Young also wants to move back to his more natural sf position. Mcgee gives them a big guy who can run the floor in their fast break.)

17. Toronto-Donte Green (Another project in the draft, Green has athleticism that can’t be matched by other 6’10” players in the league. He is very raw and could be a boom or bust player. Best Case-Tracy McGrady Worst Case- Jonathan Bender

18. Washington-Kosta Koufos (Brendan Haywood has been inconsistent, Antwan Jamison may be headed out of town via free agency, and Etan Thomas has experienced injury problems. Washington will look to add the best big man they can find with their backcourt already set.)

19. Cleveland-Brandon Rush (Cavs need a player who can create his own shot and take the pressure off of James, so the choice should be Brandon Rush. A proven scorer and winner in 3 years at Kansas , Rush is also known as someone who has let other star players on his team shine while still getting his.)

20. Denver-Marreese Speights (Kenyon Martin and Nene have had a series of injury problems in Denver and Camby has been mentioned in trade rumors. Marreese Speights has impressed in workouts in Las Vegas according to ESPN’s Chad Ford and gives them a low post player who might be more ready than some believe.)

21. New Jersey-Jason Thompson (Thompson is a player not too many people know about but New Jersey should take the risk on this guy as many of the players in their front court aren’t permanent for this team.)

22. Orlando-Chris Douglas-Roberts (Shooting guard has been a problem for Orlando and their last pick, JJ Reddick, may be leaving in a trade. CDR gives them more size at the position at 6’7” and could be an instant starter even this late in the draft.)

23. Utah-Chase Budinger (Budinger may be a potential replacement for AK47 who has been mentioned in trade rumors. He can also play the 2 guard and challenge Ronnie Brewer for playing time.)

24. Seattle-JJ Hickson (Size isn’t lacking in Seattle, but talent in their big man is. Seattle may look to take NC State’s JJ Hickson with this pick in the hopes that he can be a piece to their very young team.)

25. Houston- Roy Hibbert (Rockets will look to add more size to their squad as Dikembe ponders retirement. Hibbert should be a nice fit in Adelman's half court sets.

26- San Antonio-Nathan Jawai (Spurs continue finding foreign gems in the draft with Austrailia’s Jawai. Most likely won’t join the team for a few years.)

27. New Orleans-Robin Lopez (The game 7 against the Spurs might cause the hornets to go big with this pick. Kurt Thomas grabbed 6 rebounds, 5 of them offensive, in only 7 minutes in the pivotal game 7. New Orleans may want to add size to see that doesn’t happen again.)

28. Memphis-Bill Walker (Best scoring option to team up with Rudy Gay, especially with Mike Miller on the trading block.)

29. Detroit-Alexis Ajinca (Not much is known about Ajinca, but he gives size to an aging front court. And those Stuckey and Prince guys were taken late in the 1st too right? I trust Dumars.)

30. Boston-Ty Lawson (Maybe a steal this late in the draft, Lawson becomes the immediate backup to Rajon Rondo with Sam Cassell most likely leaving and Eddie House more of a SG.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 05-21-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Posterize's mock draft and analysis--need your opinions

good post- that is a hard group to put together after the top 4- i think your top 4 are and should all be locks

the only guys on your entire list that i cant see being 1st rd's are hickson and ty lawson- i really dont think the rockets could use a 1st rd pick on a gaurd like lawson- they have too many of the really small point gaurds- maybe i just dont know enough about hickson

imo this draft will have tons of trades from pick 5 on
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
good post- that is a hard group to put together after the top 4- i think your top 4 are and should all be locks

the only guys on your entire list that i cant see being 1st rd's are hickson and ty lawson- i really dont think the rockets could use a 1st rd pick on a gaurd like lawson- they have too many of the really small point gaurds- maybe i just dont know enough about hickson

imo this draft will have tons of trades from pick 5 on
you were right about ty lawson. i also noticed that i somehow left Roy Hibbert off the list by accident. I fixed it up a little in those areas.thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

This is a solid Mock draft, I think the top four picks are what i expect to see.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
This is a solid Mock draft, I think the top four picks are what i expect to see.
thanks. took me about 2 hours to write up. the only parts im not sure about are the foreign players like jawai,ajinca,and batum. if anyone has any input on those guys let me know. i'll start a thread on them and you can put it there
Old 05-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

the bobcats will draft kevin love.

they have NO center and they want okafor to play PF
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
the bobcats will draft kevin love.

they have NO center and they want okafor to play PF
thats a good point. i just dont believe kevin love is an NBA center. if the bobcats want a center i believe they try to trade up for lopez or take a risk on jordan.can you see love trying to guard yao ming or dwight howard? but if you believe that he can play center then the bobcats could very well draft him
Old 05-22-2008, 03:24 AM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

That is a very good mock in my opinion. The thing I see early on that I don't agree with is I think Gallinari and Mayo will swap picks. Gallinari may be a better pick and would give them a huge team if they move Gay to SG, but Mayo just seems like the type of guy they would want. He has such huge upside and can put people in the seats.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:15 AM   #9
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far

Are you sure Rose goes #1? It seems to me Chicago needs help at the PF spot more than at PG. Does "hometown hero trump the greater need?
From a Miami perspective we need a PG but someone more an offensive force than Udonis Haslem at PF is also a good thing. Both look like good options.
I see neither as that much better a bet than the other.
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: