Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default would you trade Iverson, and for who?

is there anybody who thinks that iverson should be traded? and what would iverson's trade value be?

do you think the knicks would trade- jerome james, j jeffries and david lee and #7 pick?

would the bucks trade mo williams, gadzurich & simmons& pick#9?

is there any team in the nba that would propose a trade for iverson?

i see an iverson trade only possible if it involed camby and maybey kmart and multiple teams-

i believe a trade could be good for both the nuggets and iverson- is it possible? what would it take? what would we get?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Default Re: would you trade Iverson, and for who?

Please stop with the trade Iverson crap. I know you dislike the guy, but that doesn't mean Nugget fans aree with you and would want to trade him for Kirk Heinrich or any other scrubs you've listed. Iverson may be an aging player, but that doesn't mean he will no longer be as effective anymore, in fact everyone thought that his production would decrease this season and he ended proving everyone wrong by having one of his best seasons career-wise. I would like to see him retire as a Nugget and hope they are willing to give him what he wants, 3 or maybe 6 year extension. I also hope the Nuggets front office isn't serious about wanting to get rid of Melo either. Denvers real issue is right in front of their faces and yet here they are talking about trading a 23 year old superstar. Majority of us(fans) can agree that George Karl is the #1 problem with Denver, so why is it that those morons over at the front office fail to realize this? why are they welcoming Karl back with all the 1st round exits he's had here in Denver? Do they not realize that his coaching style hasn't been working? Is Denvers standards really that low? It is inexcusable when you have teams like Dallas firing their head coach who got them to an NBA finals/67 wins and teams like Detroit willing to fire their coach, Flip Saunders, if he does not get them to the NBA finals this year and lets not forget Phoenix. So what has Karl done, even with all the talent he's had in this team, that makes it ok for him to not get his ass booted?
If they're ever serious about winning an NBA Championship, then they need to get rid of the real cancer(no pun intended).
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

i completly agree that the #1 problem is george karl, but people were complaining about using that now that it looks as if karl will stay-

i dont think it should be possible for karl not to be fired after the job he did this season, if they really are bringing him back they would have to be shaking it up right??

i cant see how everybody can be so quick to throw out all sorts of trade melo, or even camby- these two players have been the franchise over the last 5 years- but toss them?

i wish iverson was the point gaurd of the nuggets- but george karl doesnt make him or let him? it was complete chicken**** when karl put ai at point for the first game ever in game 2 of the playoffs-

i think iverson is a great player- i think jr smith would be a better player over the 5 or 6 years that you want ai for- can you see both players returning?

nothing that happened this year was iversons fault- after karl& the front office? melo is the most to blame- but there has to be some fairness in the trade whoever posts- if a nugget fan can want to trade talk about carmelo & camby, than allen iverson can certainly be discussed as well

i really do want to know if any of you think there could be any trade partners out there for iverson? what would his trade value be?

i also apoligize if you think i tried to say all nugget fans thought anything- i have a bunch of places said i want the nuggets to-westbrook, traded ai....stuff like that- write a new threads to get rid of the hinrich thread or ask them to erase it- who cares- i wish somebody could erase those laker game threads at the top- get rid of all of my posts about iverson if possible too including this one
Old 05-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

i think iverson is a great player- i think jr smith would be a better player over the 5 or 6 years that you want ai for- can you see both players returning?
Yes, I could definetly see them both returning because last time I checked, owner Stan Kroenke was one of the top 400 richest people in the world.

Quote:
i also apoligize if you think i tried to say all nugget fans thought anything- i have a bunch of places said i want the nuggets to-westbrook, traded ai....stuff like that- write a new threads to get rid of the hinrich thread or ask them to erase it- who cares- i wish somebody could erase those laker game threads at the top- get rid of all of my posts about iverson if possible too including this one
No need to apologize, just less would be a little nice, but then again, without you, our team forum would probably be dead.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

I don't know if Stan Kroenke is willing to keep both A.I. and Melo because he may be one of the richest guys out there, but we need to remember about the Avs, Crush, Mammoth, Rapids, and even the St. Louis Rams that he has to deal with and those two guy take a lot of his money.

Back to the topic of trading Iverson, I just don't see that happening because A.I. made it clear that he wants to be in Denver or make his own choice of where he wants to go, not being told where he should go. If he hears his name being put into a trading conversation he will probably opt of his contract. Even if we do trade him it probably won't be much because he is aging, but we would probably have to add in Camby to the mix and get a pretty good draft pick, a decent NBA player, and probably a role player. I don't know who we would trade with, but this trade is possible with a team that really need some help.

Last edited by Mile High Crew : 05-19-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Please stop with the trade Iverson crap. I know you dislike the guy, but that doesn't mean Nugget fans aree with you and would want to trade him for Kirk Heinrich or any other scrubs you've listed. Iverson may be an aging player, but that doesn't mean he will no longer be as effective anymore, in fact everyone thought that his production would decrease this season and he ended proving everyone wrong by having one of his best seasons career-wise. I would like to see him retire as a Nugget and hope they are willing to give him what he wants, 3 or maybe 6 year extension.

i think i understand where both you and mile high are coming from- so sure a trade iverson though would offend you both- but why cant you see that if you can feel free to talk about trade carmelo and give away camby stuff then shouldnt someone who feels that those 2 players are the franchise be allowed to talk about the other guys

the perfect rebuilding plan of camby nene & CARMELO and all cap space and picks possible- & all the picks and all the cap space go to just iverson & kmart- shouldnt a fan of the nuggets be allowed to question that?

iverson will not opt out of his 20 million dollar contract- he would lose atleast 10 but more likely 15-

i still go back to this knicks trade to ask any nugget fan or any iverson fan's opinion on why this trade wouldnt help the nuggets

iverson for pick #6, david lee, j jeffries, & j james

i think three players like lee, jeffries, and westbrook would be a steal- i would add future picks from nugs- lee and jeffries would both be perfect defensive role players to allow kmart to be moved elsewhere- westbrook is the best defensive pg that as come through any draft for a long time

would the knicks take a trade like that? would swapping camby for randolph get the deal done?- would the nets trade #10, nachbar & kristic- try not to look at any of this as hate on iverson- i just really wonder if he is tradeable and what kind of pakage he could bring-

i just dont get it- i dont know (in real life) any nugget fan that is quick to say get rid of melo & camby- iverson & kmart are so obviously the players who have added the least for the most- melo & camby made us legit& and with guys like jr,nene,& klieza the future is still bright imo- why blow it up now- this could still be put back on the right track someday- does anyone truly see an iverson nugget team winning the title one of these next few years?

personally i believe that the nugs will win championships- im just sad to admit i dont think its during the camby era so i think if it takes him to rebuild then it should be done- if its a giveaway it cant be camby (imo)
Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
i think i understand where both you and mile high are coming from- so sure a trade iverson though would offend you both
What the hell are you talking about? I don't agree with you or Mile Highs ideas.
On one hand, theres you, creating useless thread about getting rid of AI and then on the other hand, you got Mile High, creating useless thread about getting rid of Carmelo. I get that you are not a fan of AI and Mile High is not a fan of Melo, but I am a fan of both so I think I have the rights to get a little mad when I see threads about players I like being traded.
Quote:
but why cant you see that if you can feel free to talk about trade carmelo and give away camby stuff then shouldnt someone who feels that those 2 players are the franchise be allowed to talk about the other guys
I've never expressed any desires of wanting to trade Melo away, so I don't know where you got that idea from.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
What the hell are you talking about? I don't agree with you or Mile Highs ideas.
I've never expressed any desires of wanting to trade Melo away, so I don't know where you got that idea from.

i am sorry- i totally had you credited for some posts on the nets board that werent you when i double checked- when i look back at the posts i see that i am wrong about casting you- i also overassumed your intrest in the 76rs from there being more back& forth about them than the nugs-

krayzie i respect your position on wanting both players to be brought back to denver
Old 05-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #9
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
i am sorry- i totally had you credited for some posts on the nets board that werent you when i double checked- when i look back at the posts i see that i am wrong about casting you- i also overassumed your intrest in the 76rs from there being more back& forth about them than the nugs-

krayzie i respect your position on wanting both players to be brought back to denver
It's kool
...but what the hell would I be doing on the nets board.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: