Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #541
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN
 
TruthKGRay3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bahhhhstonnnn,MA
Posts: 6,981
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBaller11


Don't worry idiot, Stern and the refs won't let the Celtics lose this series. The idiocy that most Celtics fans display is hilarious...get every damn call and still aren't satisfied.

Pistons shot 8 more free-throws than the Celtics and we got every call?
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #542
MSUBaller11
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Pistons shot 8 more free-throws than the Celtics and we got every call?

Yeah because free throws tell the entire story right!

Judging by that response, what is your excuse for game 4 when nearly half of the Celtics points came off free-throws? They should have lost that game by 20+ points.
MSUBaller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #543
fiad06
Great young streetballer
 
fiad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 407 & 321
Posts: 505
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Pistons fans have no right to be pissed at the refs. Did they forget about the last series they played?
fiad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #544
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN
 
TruthKGRay3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bahhhhstonnnn,MA
Posts: 6,981
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBaller11
Yeah because free throws tell the entire story right!

Judging by that response, what is your excuse for game 4 when nearly half of the Celtics points came off free-throws? They should have lost that game by 20+ points.

My response is a loss is a loss a win is a win..stop b!tching and complaining because the officiating wasn't that bad last night..some bad calls on both teams.They called some b.s calls on the Celtics and Pistons.The Pistons also play a very aggressive defensive,do you expect them not to get fouls called on them when they are hacking at arms every play?Thats part of the reason we shot alot of free-throws in Game 4.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #545
matt1016
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
matt1016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 223
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Here's my observations from last night's game.

1. Stuckey is going to make Billups expendable soon. Maybe next year? Someone will want to trade for Billups thinking that he is still in his prime. Stuckey can play.

2. Detroit needs a young beefy/tall big man to give them some garbage duty minutes. Max and Amir are keepers, but they need somebody with young legs AND height AND beef to bang down low. Max and Amir each have 2 out of the 3 characteristics. The Pistons are making Perkins look like Moses Malone.

3. Flip is doing a decent job rotating guys in and out. He's done a good job this year. But if the Stones lose, he's gotta go. They need a screamer/yeller coach. I wonder if Avery Johnson is interested?

4. Paul Pierce is a tough cover for Prince. Pierce doesn't rely on quickness or height so Tay can't negate him with his length. Come to think of it, I don't know how Pierce scores so much exactly. Somehow he gets it done. Also, he looks like a rat.

4. Boston is not a much better team than the Pistons. Detroit gave the series away in game 3. If they lose in this year's ECF again, they've got to shakeup the roster. The chemistry isn't right as far as mental toughness. These guys may like each other just fine, but they need more chips on shoulders.

5. Lakers will roll over Boston because of the backcourt matchup. Detroit would probably lose to them as well, but matches up better.
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #546
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,594
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1016
5. Lakers will roll over Boston because of the backcourt matchup. Detroit would probably lose to them as well, but matches up better.

I actually like the matchup for the Celtics against the Lakers they are far superior on the glass/defensively i think that gives them the edge over the lakers.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #547
matt1016
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
matt1016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 223
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I actually like the matchup for the Celtics against the Lakers they are far superior on the glass/defensively i think that gives them the edge over the lakers.

Good point, but they'd have to hammer the Lakers in those areas, because they will lose the backcourt, bench, and coaching (especially!) matchups.
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #548
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,594
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1016
Good point, but they'd have to hammer the Lakers in those areas, because they will lose the backcourt, bench, and coaching (especially!) matchups.

I'm one of few people who actually like Doc but it is hard to imagine him winning a title over Phil or Pop.

BTW who would you say is the best Coach in the East, Van Gundy in Orl? Seems like their is a huge gap in coaching between the 2 conferences.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #549
matt1016
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
matt1016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 223
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I'm one of few people who actually like Doc but it is hard to imagine him winning a title over Phil or Pop.

BTW who would you say is the best Coach in the East, Van Gundy in Orl? Seems like their is a huge gap in coaching between the 2 conferences.

Hmmm, do D'Antoni, Larry Brown, and Doug Collins count? Or did you mean for this year? Those 3 should be near the top of the food chain for the East next year.

I never realized it but yeah, I suppose I'd take Stan Van Jeremy over anyone else from this year. Flip isn't bad, and I like Mo Cheeks as well, but Stan worked wonders with an Orlando team that could've been mediocre.
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #550
final.wrath
Banned
 
final.wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,732
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

"pierce is like a scientist on the block"

its true PP is probably the closest thing to lebron when it comes to finishing strong and attacking the basket
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy